Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Download Links (RAR, 63 MBs): Please see HERE (end of post #1)

Ever wondered what might happen if a legion of Rome got lost and found itself in Middle-earth? Well, wonder no longer! Play as Rome - or any of the Middle-earth factions - and find out what happens to the brave Julii!

Requirements

This will only work with RTW 1.5. This mod acts as a patch to a copied version of The New Shadow 2.6 for Rome Total War 1.5. Here's how to prepare to play...

Preparation & Installation

1. Create a folder named RIM insider the BI folder in your Rome folder. Those without BI or who do not have TNS 2.6 for RTW 1.5 installed will also need to create the BI folder of course.
    So, for example, on my PC it looks like this:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\RIM
    1a. IF you have TNS for RTW 1.5 already installed then simply copy its bi/ci/data folder into the RIM folder and go to step 2.
    1b. IF you have any version of Fourth Age Total War installed then download and extract TNS for RTW 1.5 to a temporary folder and then copy the data folder from the extracted file (bi/ci/data) into your newly created RIM folder. This is just to ensure you do not overwrite FATW with the version created for those without BI.
    2. Download and extract "The Lost Legion" patch and copy that folder (named "RIM") over the RIM folder you have created. This will updated TNS for RTW 1.5 with the patch.
    You are ready to play.

Preparation & Installation - Explanation

The mod works from a folder named RIM inside a folder named BI. You will have this latter folder already if you have BI installed. You will also have it if you have TNS for RTW 1.5.

Rome in Middle-earth is made up of two components: a base and a patch. The base is the actual TNS for RTW 1.5 mod. The patch is the 63 meg download linked above.

Whatever your setup - or whatever mods you have installed - you will need to create a BI/RIM folder!

Next, whether you have TNS for RTW 1.5 installed or extracted somewhere, just copy its "data" folder into the RIM folder you made. Now copy the RIM folder in the patch you downloaded over the RIM folder you created.

Next set up the desktop shortcut to run the mod. If you do not know how to do this then do the following:

1. Go into you Rome folder and find the RomeTW.exe file.
    2. Right click on it and choose "send to desktop" (this creates the shortcut on your desktop)
    3. Find the new shortcut on your desktop and right-click it and select "properties"
    4. Add the following to the end of the target field (note the space before all hyphens):

-show_err -nm -mod:bi\rim

5. Click "apply"
    6. Click the shortcut to start playing Rome in Middle-earth!

NOTE: Not fully tested. Not supported. Use at own risk!
    Last edited by Aradan; July 08, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Downloading, I always wanted to see Praetorians against orcs

Nice ! I heard about a mod like this (a mini mod by Palantir i thought) where you could play with the romans in Middle Earth Great concept , congratz FATW team ! I'll download this most likely

And what about Wars of Men.Will mod run with him?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The answer is in the instructions...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

hehe i already made something like this ages ago i used ferres romans but its fo personal use only i even added the knights from crusades tw
    Last edited by Finch; March 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM.

great but too bad that is noly for version 1.5

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

where can you find that 1.5 patch? only could find BI ones

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

I'm not sure I understand why it is bad it is only for 1.5? Firstly, that is the highest RTW patch and it's freely available; secondly if it was for BI then RTW-only owners would not be able to access it; third, BI owners will also have RTW...

Okay so I am confused, can I install this on my BI version of the game?
    And if so do I have to make a new shortcut?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why it is bad it is only for 1.5? Firstly, that is the highest RTW patch and it's freely available; secondly if it was for BI then RTW-only owners would not be able to access it; third, BI owners will also have RTW...
    I have make a new folder of rome total war to avoid any problem instal the mod for RT 1.5 and then instal this mod when i had the version for BI (it needs time sry for my english i didn't want to be "rude")
    Last edited by Giovi; March 22, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

If you have TNS 2.6 for RTW, then you can install this, regardless of whether or not you have BI installed.

Yes, it will need a new shortcut.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    If you have TNS 2.6 for RTW, then you can install this, regardless of whether or not you have BI installed.

Yes, it will need a new shortcut.
    I know it's kind of late to ask, but the mod looks fantastic and I'd like to try out the Lost Legion since I don't happen to have BI. Would you mind updating the link, it seems to be broken. Thank you.

I have done everything needed, but I can only play TNS 2.6 for RTW1.5
    Is there anything else I have to do?The Lost Legion doesn't works
    Last edited by Beorn; March 22, 2009 at 02:31 PM.

what? can you say that again?

I've added more (see first post) to the explanation for those new to how mods work. Let me know if you are still having problems. It's quite simple really

Thanks! I missed the /rim...
    I'll check it instantly!

Now it works! It's really difficult playing with Romans...I captured Lond Daer and Dunland keep sending full stacks while my economy is on the red and I can't retrain my units...

BTW sorry for double-posting

It's possible to become very strong if you do it wisely - at least strong enough to achieve the victory conditions. It might be an idea to build up your strength in the first province first - though make sure you get a boat as a priority so that you don't get stuck should you go into the red. Then take the nearest Dunlending settlement across the river with all of your force and make it your capital and defend it and build it up.

The decision will come in how much to build up and capture versus making a straight march on Minas Tirith to seize your opportunity of getting home...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast