Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

The link, sorry for not being clearly enough. Haven't been able to download anything from Gamefront in a year.

Download page updated with new links.

Thanks bud

So i tried to install it but failed?

I have Rome Total War: Gold edition but installed the mod on native instead cause i wanted to play The Lost Legion, there was no direct instructions how to do it but i dropped the files (Main build for RTW version) in Steamapps/Common/Rome Total War Gold. Then i tested the mod before i continued to install TLL, it worked perfectly fine except i got the option to play barbarian version or something whilst choosing campaign. Just a bug i figured, then i made a folder within BI named RIM. I copied all data from ci to RIM and then saved. After that i installed Lost Legion and went into rar and clicked RIM_PATCH and then i copied RIM over my personal RIM file. I tried to start the mod. (I did the property thing btw and wrote in -show_err etc)But i got an error that said: Unable to find 'fs_mumakil_small' Please help me.

Best regards,
    Lionsguard

The mod does not work as a stand-alone, it requires TNS, as its description indicates. The files essentially add a roman faction to Middle-earth, which means Middle-earth (ie TNS) needs to exist already.

I did install TNS, this file;

http://dfiles.eu/files/7ata7wgv5 Atleast it said it was TNS in download section. I put it in Rome total war as the installation instructions told me to. Then i followed the instructions to The Lost Legion and installed it in a own map. If i did it wrong please tell me what to do.

Sorry, my bad, I misread your previous post.

Installation Steps:

1. Make sure you have RTW patched to version 1.5 - ???
    2. Install TNS RTW (you should now have a Rome - Total War/bi/ci folder structure)
    3. Make a Rome - Total War/bi/RIM folder
    4. Copy bi/ci/data into bi/RIM
    5. Extract files from TLL and put extracted RIM into bi, overwriting existing folder

It seems you've completed steps 2-5. Is your RTW updated to 1.5?

Not sure where to see that but i have always update this game on so it should be 1.5

If you run the game (the no-Steam one, of course) and go to the Options screen, it shows the version on the top-right corner.

Says Can't find steam. Tried to search this forumt but apparently it searches the entire :s

The search button at the top menu-bar searches the entire forum by default. But there's another menu-bar when you're viewing just the FATW forum (right below the forum description) and above the "Title / Thread Starter" header, which searches just this forum itself.

Ok, let's take it from the top.

Can you run the vanilla game? If not, there's a problem that not related to the mod and needs to be solved first. If you can, do so and go to the Options screen to verify the game's version.

If the version is 1.5 (1.6, if you have BI/Gold Edition), then we're ok and you're good to proceed with the file copying process.

Now, for the shortcut, the regular creation method described in the OP won't work, since this is on steam, so you'll need to make a new shortcut with the appropriate setting in the options.

Let me know if/where there's a snag.

Thanks.

Yes i can run the vanilla game. It is 1.6, not sure what you mean with the shortcut tough. I clicked the shortcut and it said Can't find steam. I then tried to add the shortcut to steam but it got the icon of Rome Total war (Which shouldn't happen if i remember correctly cause i played TNS on BI a couple of months ago) and then when i started it i just got Rome vanilla.

Hello?

Apologies, I've been busy. Also, the forum seems to have eaten my previous reply...

Have you done this:

Launch Steam. Once Steam opens go to Games at the top of the window, click on it and select View Games Library. Now right click on the Rome: Total War Gold Edition and go to properties. In this window select Set Launch Options. This box should be empty of text. Now Input -show_err -nm -mod:bi/RIM in this window and select Ok. Now press close and then little X in the top right corner this should take you back to your desktop.

Right Click the Steam Icon and select Rome: Total War Gold Edition to launch the game when the box appears asking if you want to play Rome or BI just click on The Rome version and click OK
    This is from this guide here on how to install FAW using steam, and I've edited the appropriate bits to make it consistent with TLL. Try this and let me know if it works.

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Well, that campaign took a while to finish. Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but here's a picture of the victory screen for Rome just to show that it can be done. This was played on H/M. The good thing about the Roman units was their vanilla lethality of 1.0, which offsets their horrible stats in comparison to the Middle Earth units. Enjoy!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Medusa0; October 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Congrats!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yay!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I just installed the game and everything works fine but my cursor is working for the game, by this I mean when I try to click on anything it doesn't work. If I try to click on Options it doesn't do anything. It is as if my cursor is still only working for my desktop

I'm not sure why that happens, but it's not directly mod-related. Nothing in the mod even remotely affects cursor behaviour.

Does your cursor work well for vanilla?

Not sure if this forum is checked any more but hope this is seen. When ever I install this *I have bi and 2.6* in the corner it tells me it is lost legion but when I try to click the Fourth age campaign it crashes * gives me 2 bi which shows me normal FATW campaign and the the new shadow it crashes when I click on It. Sry for bad description.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast