Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Lost Legion (Rome in Middle-earth)

Technically there is no musicpack for it, as the RTW version serves as a 'teaser' for the supported BI version, but try installing this: http://www.modrealms.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=15

It's the BI version's Musicpack, I believe it will work even on the RTW one.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Thats alright man, i will just turn the music off. I don't usually keep music on anyways unless it's special music for a mod.

Well, I can say FATW's music pack really enhances the experience, I'd try it out if I were you.

Default Re: Ask Your Questions Here!

Can you recruit Urban Cohort and Praetorian Cohort in this? I can't seem to build past a Large City...

mitch23's Avatar Laetus

Sorry, for going off topic, but

Aradan - is modrealms ok? i can't seem to get to the site anymore?

-mitch

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post
    Can you recruit Urban Cohort and Praetorian Cohort in this? I can't seem to build past a Large City...
    You can recruit Praetorians in (pre-existing) huge cities (ie Minas Tirith, Helm's Deep, Edoras and Umbar). Urban Cohorts are not available anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch23 View Post
    Sorry, for going off topic, but

Aradan - is modrealms ok? i can't seem to get to the site anymore?

-mitch
    The entire site seems to be down (site, forum, ftp, everything). Still not sure what is happening (might be related to Amroth missing), but we have a dev forum here as well which we are using atm.

Oh ok thank you.

is it still dead? I want to try to get this mod...

Mirror downloads have been provided for all files in the sticky thread with the downloads, so it's quite alive...

Looks great, though I can totally see the Legion getting stomped!

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Up, just to say the mirror in the download section is down

Link updated.

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Thank you, boss

sorry aradan but can you update this again?

Edit: i found a working mirror at http://www.shacknews.com/file/18486/rome-total-war-the-fourth-age-the-lost-legion-v10
    Last edited by Ulrich Liechtenstein; May 11, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Would it be difficult to do what Lost Legion has done, but reverse? For example, I want to take one of the factions from LOTR-TW and add them in to a non-fantasy mod. I'm familiar with tweaking most RTW text files. I just need to know everything I'd need to do in order to completely add in a faction from one mod to another, including things like unit sounds and models. Obviously, I'd want to make it so the faction would be fully playable in campaign.

Not particularly difficult, if you do it one step at a time and are careful. A bit more complex if you also want to implement a new culture for that faction.

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Don't know if anyone's still playing this submod, but here is an updated export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt for those that likes to hear their general (Romans only) speak. All reactions to Middle Earth nations are generic, except for the rebel faction. I haven't the chance to test this in campaign, but no crashes so far in custom battles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, I have a problem with installing. Found the new download link but the RTW version link is dead in the main download page.
    Thanks

So it is. I'll have to upload it again. I'll update the D/L thread and post here when it's done.

Thank you so much Aradan. Might I just say you a very good at responding quickly and you also seem like a nice person.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast