Thread: Question regarding modding of walls

Default Question regarding modding of walls

I noticed in 3.4 that the visual style of Citadel Walls had been changed to match that of the generic stone wall, just with better stats. I decided to revert them to their 3.3 look by copypasting the relevant section from descr_walls across versions, and at least at a glance it seems to've worked; all the big cities like Minas Ithil, Dol Amroth, Annuminas, etc, have reverted to the taller wall models on the settlement viewer. It's even save-compatible.

I was just curious, to anyone familiar with modding walls, if there's any more to it than that? Descr_walls only seems to cover appearance + what kind of tower the wall requires to climb. Am I running the risk of things getting silly?

Default Re: Question regarding modding of walls

Welp, answered my own question. The walls themselves work great, it's got the correct weapons, gates function, etc. But siege towers don't dock (and also get annihilated by the passive wall defenses). So... Probably gonna revert to stock files

Default Re: Question regarding modding of walls

Quote Originally Posted by DontHeckWithSnek View Post
    Welp, answered my own question. The walls themselves work great, it's got the correct weapons, gates function, etc. But siege towers don't dock (and also get annihilated by the passive wall defenses). So... Probably gonna revert to stock files
    Yeah, I believe the unfixable siege tower bugs were the reason the devs disabled the citadel walls in the first place. The towers would only work on some settlements and there's also the recurrent garrisoning bug with the large siege towers, where a unit wouldn't enter the tower after moving it to the wall (which can be worked around during the battle, but is annoying and time-consuming).