Thread: Prospective Reskin Alliance

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon3 Prospective Reskin Alliance

Ave, I noticed that there are alot of great reskin mods being done for ETW ! Do you think that there is a chance of a potential alliance between the modders and skinners so that different reskin projects could be combined to an "Ultimate ETW Reskin Mod"? That would be awesome !
    RTR RULES!!!!

Default Re: Prospective Reskin Alliance

With the way the mods are supposed to work (from CA's side) there actually isn't a need for one since it, as far as I can tell, wouldn't create any conflict adding all the reskin mods and other mods on top of that too

But one big awesome super-reskin mod would ofcourse be cool and user-friendly

It would be, but I guess we would more of a long term future goal . But what about a reskin mod for small factions like Venice, Savoy, Denmark, Saxony, etc???
    RTR RULES!!!!

+1 for the reskin alliance there is too many project about just one unit or faction from several talented modder: already 10 to 15 reskin for the british line inf .... plz work together !!! (and don't waste time)

Quote Originally Posted by Épaminondas The "Oblique" View Post
    +1 for the reskin alliance there is too many project about just one unit or faction from several talented modder: already 10 to 15 reskin for the british line inf .... plz work together !!! (and don't waste time)
    My ideas exactly! if groups or singular skinners were to just work together and coordinate, I could see a complete reskin mod being finished in short time ! How many fellow ETW fans agree with me? MODDERS UNITE !!!
    Last edited by Ceasar Gubius; March 21, 2009 at 04:42 PM.
    RTR RULES!!!!

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

I agree
    HOOZAH!!!!!
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Great, what we need now is skinners to be interested in this. What we really need now, is a declaration ...

We the modders/fans, in order to form a more perfect ETW. Establish goels pure domestic orginization....

Ok, this is a bit silly , but the point is good. We need to orginize and form "Our lines"... If a mod were to be made, the goals would have to be simple. Like,

1. Reskin all the "Major factions" to a realistic standard, which can be done by putting current work together...

2. perhaps make some of these smaller factions playable (i.e. Denmark, Venice, Portugal, Muhgal Empire, etc..)

So who else is interested ???
    RTR RULES!!!!

Sounds like an awsome idea for a mod!!!

or just wait for the European War mod from KLA if noone agree to share

I imagine that they would share, seeing that they've already realeased these skins seperately...

Or you could let the major modifications add a major skin pack into their mod....its really not that hard anyway, if you have mod manager you just download 12 files and drag them into /data.

33orion77's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar Gubius View Post
    Ave, I noticed that there are alot of great reskin mods being done for ETW ! Do you think that there is a chance of a potential alliance between the modders and skinners so that different reskin projects could be combined to an "Ultimate ETW Reskin Mod"? That would be awesome !
    Honnestly, Since I started to do re-texture this is my secret goal!!... I started with France and now Poland-Lithuania is near completion. Ancien Régime is an embryo of such a project. My skills have improved a lots since my begening and now I think I should go back to France and make it better... Working toward an "Ultimate ETW Reskin Mod" is the only reason why I joined Regalia of Nations. Now, unfortunately, it seems I'm the only one active on the uniform team...

I would like also to bring an other point: Quality standard. I don't want to judge anyone for I'm still in the process of improving my skills but we can find a lot of different textures of various qualities( some a question of artistic taste some becauce normal or glossmap not edited). I belive the artistic director of this project should be demanding and may ask to re-do some textures if the 6 or 7 available are not good enough. And you know, everyone has it's own taste for colors. Some like the british with white facings, other yellow or black, some like the white bellies others the syw pattern... a real headach.... Also, at
    the moment every one is doing what they like. It's a good thing but the results are a bit chaotic...
    That why you should have, I think, an artistic director ( or group of 2-3 individual) that could judge the potential textures and establish the work to do... Making a charter is a good idea to set up the goals and criterias.

Anyhow, I would be glad if I could be of any help
    Check out:
    ''Ancien Régime'' a ETW Re-texture Project ( France, Poland-lithuania, etc...)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245857
    Regalia of Nations ( Flag, sounds, uniforms, effects mod):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189