Thread: IDEA: Using Empire Voices in Medieval 2

Default IDEA: Using Empire Voices in Medieval 2

Hi all, before you start invoking wrath of copyrights on me please listen.

Is its possible to use ETW voices (they finally did Poland ) in MTW2?

I read before that packs in ETW are not supposed to be unpacked (voices are in the voices.pack, SUPRISE), but I presume this can be done somehow (maybe even with tools we have now).

REMEMBER do not start talk about copyrights and stuff as EVERYTHING STAYS IN THE FAMILY !!

With those voices you can do something like xenophobia mod did, you can replace vices for faction you want (yes I do realize this requires lots of work, but its possible).

Default Re: IDEA: Using Empire Voices in Medieval 2

Bumping as this is pretty important.

**Bump**

There you go .

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Nice avatar, but boromir is not match for sharpe . Its a good idea, I must say, but are all the languages present in Medieval provided for in Empire? To be honest I quite like the HRE Accents and the mighty German accent of the "ZWEIHANDERS"!

Pretty much every faction in ETW speaks language they should. There is Polish, German, French, Russian, Dutch (I think thats it), Turkish (ottomans) and others.

I dont know how it looks on camp map but probably same.

Also Im not talking about replacing ALL voices in MTW2 only the ones that are spoken in english, yeah thats right I prefer polish nobles to respond "Ciężka jazda!" then "polish nobles".

BTW: Watch it mate, Boromir the Mighty and his army just pwned Isengard and have some free time, they may just drop by your place as well .
    (Note: Im playing Lord of the Rings Total War, Boromir totaly pwns everyone there )
    Last edited by Taro_M; March 21, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

That would be cool. But I no longer have Medieval 2, lost the cd code.

Yet the question remains: is its possible to extract voices from Empire Total War so the can be used to create voice mod for Medieval 2 Total War?