Thread: Playing as pirates

Default Playing as pirates

Has anyone tried using one of the play as all factions mods and played as pirates? Difficult stuff. For starters the only ground unit they have are normal pirates. I made my peace with that (you can't expect non-player factions to have as much depth as player ones) however it would be nice if they had some other units.

Anyway the real problem I have is that it will only let you have a certain number of pirate units i.e. 5 or 6. Because I would like to play an extensive game I would appreciate a few more units to play with than that. Anyone have any idea where the code is for the maximum number of units allowed to create is?

Also if someone would like to work on a mod encorporating a more extensive pirate faction then I for one would appreciate it.

Default Re: Playing as pirates

I was just gonna post about exactly the same thing

Yeah I recently tried to build a pirate army but the limit of units build really ruined the experience

Okay, this is what to do.

Using Packer 1.9999(whatever the latest version of it is) go into the patch.pack-->db-->units_tables-->units scroll down Unit ID until you find pirate, and then scroll across the values until you see unit count (its inbetween RegionIDRef and MP Category) the number should be "6". Change the value to 0 for unlimited ground pirate units.

Hope that helps

To the person who is using/used my TATW signature - who are you? You never left a name with the rep comment, and I'm really curious

That worked, thank you so much.

Any idea how to make it so that other units are available to the pirates?

General A. Skywalker's Avatar Primicerius
    currently Coruscant, but born on Tatooine

You guys seriously want to play as pirates (note: pirates are really boring in ETW... limited units and ugly looking units!), when there are nations to choose like Great Britain, Prussia, Austria, France...? (No offense!!! )

Its all about opinion!

Making new units for Pirates would be cool. The Pirates also shouldn't be in formation. They should me more of a mob. (Same with Natives)

hey, remember that you can still buy generals for the Buccaneers. I have to admit that I'm playing on easy, but hey, I only have Generals and 6 buccaneers in my empire!

I just conquered Ireland and conquered most of North america.
    I conquered Ireland with 2 full armies of Generals. then, I've made more 3 armies, full of generals to conquer great Britain!

besides, NO ONE wants to talk with a pirate...
    so you can't even ask for a cease fire!
    just because they have a skull in their flag?

so bad that pirates can't revolt. so I can't be a republic. my goal was to do a "Pirate Republic",full of good and honest ministers and presidents, seeking for liberty and peace.

btw I'm new here! Hi!

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I made a randomed spawned Davvy Jones unit with 100 hit points and 600 defence enough pirate for ya.

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    I made a randomed spawned Davvy Jones unit with 100 hit points and 600 defence enough pirate for ya.
    can you upload it for me and tell where to unpack :p
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Go go to the unit data folder in your main ETW data folder and edit there stats, money, etc...

LawL_LawL's Avatar Ducenarius

They need to change faction interface into more of a M2TW faction board, cuz right now, since its a list going down the page, the amount of factions is really limited, and so you must swap patch.pack files for different factions. They really need to just make the factions board, and then standardize the patch.pack files so everyone can play with any faction they want to. Oh and also, besides pirates, what about natives? they all seem to have the same crap, why dont they mix it up, and i doubt inuit would have cav so far up north, isolated from trade and all, plus lack of horse feed.

you can make unlimited generals bodyguards to help out the 300 spartans erm pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo Merrychap View Post
    Has anyone tried using one of the play as all factions mods and played as pirates? Difficult stuff. For starters the only ground unit they have are normal pirates. I made my peace with that (you can't expect non-player factions to have as much depth as player ones) however it would be nice if they had some other units.

Anyway the real problem I have is that it will only let you have a certain number of pirate units i.e. 5 or 6. Because I would like to play an extensive game I would appreciate a few more units to play with than that. Anyone have any idea where the code is for the maximum number of units allowed to create is?

Also if someone would like to work on a mod encorporating a more extensive pirate faction then I for one would appreciate it.
    where can you get this mod of yours so I can play all factions ?

I tried to mod the patch file with the patch file manager, I changed the value from 6 to 0 but nothing changed.
    Can someone give more specific information on how to to it? I just opened the patch.pack with the Patch File Manager, changed the number and then saved it.