Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Rock dead?

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

is it true? has rock died now?? :sad is there any chance of seeing a new Jimi Hendrix or anything like that?

Libertus

Rock hasnt died dude it just takes some time to raze another legend
    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
    C. S. Lewis

Just because there are a lot of those white kids that act black that everyone makes fun of now doesn't mean rock is dead. If you think its dead you definately do not go to a high school or college.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

In my opinion ... good rock is dead.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

music is really boring right now, especially on the mainstream channels, nothing but cheesy rmb and rap "stars"... would also be interesting if someone came along to break the current trend and make his/her own music independant from MTV.

Metallica Megadeth Iron Maiden. Guns N' Roses, ACDC, we have some good one's left to listen to listen to while we're waiting for the Second Coming.
    Unto you I commend my justice.

Rock will never die!!! Cause it's just the ULTIMATE music style....

Earn Cash 100% Free by just doing offers!

isnt punk rock? dont matter punk sucks lol, cant beat elvis and the beatles w00t
    <span style='color:green'>C</span><span style='color:gray'>o</span><span style='color:red'>s</span><span style='color:green'>a</span> <span style='color:gray'>N</span><span style='color:red'>o</span><span style='color:green'>s</span><span style='color:gray'>t</span><span style='color:red'>r</span><span style='color:green'>a</span> <span style='color:gray'>T</span><span style='color:red'>i</span><span style='color:green'>l</span><span style='color:gray'>l</span> <span style='color:red'>I</span> <span style='color:green'>D</span><span style='color:gray'>i</span><span style='color:red'>e</span>

<span style='color:green'>The</span> <span style='color:gray'>Sicilian</span> <span style='color:red'>Warrior</span>

Ardeur's Avatar Chattering in Chinese

Rock &#39;n Roll has been done away with. The metal head thinks he&#39;s rock, but so does the boy band, so does the diva, so does the punk band. Unfortunately what was once Rock &#39;n Roll has been split apart into many different genres. The days of Elvis Presley are over.

Elvis was okay, not a big fan. Metallica rules me, I&#39;m 14 and I can&#39;t believe what our society has found they want to listen to. Rap&#33; Hip Hop&#33; All garbage.
    Unto you I commend my justice.

Stop watching mtv. There is loads of great music around, new as well, just look for it.

dEUS
    MClusky
    The Frames
    Bright eyes
    Kings of leon
    and so on, theres always someone talikng about the death of something. its all media nonsense
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Yes it has. All that there is left now are Pearl Jam/Nirvana impressionists. Rock now has integrated itself into the "pop culture". That&#39;s not what rock needs. Bring back the good ideas and stop with the bad writing, bad chord changes, just bad everything.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

The funny thing is that hiphop actually wasn&#39;t that bad in the good ol&#39; days (that&#39;s ten years when you&#39;re talking about hiphop). It&#39;s that mainstream, commercial shite of today that fouls it all up. It&#39;s practically the same with all music genres which young kids listen to, a good and enthusiastic start, but when people find out they can make money out of it things start going down hill...damned capitalism&#33;

Rock is not dead, Rock is just not totally mainstream. And I&#39;m quite happy about it.
    Look at the great rock festivals, there are tens of thousand of people. Great atmosphere, good music and lots of beer. :w00t

Ardeur's Avatar Chattering in Chinese

Look at the great rock festivals, there are tens of thousand of people. Great atmosphere, good music and lots of beer.
    :lol Indeed. That is what it takes to enjoy most of what is being passed off as rock these days, intoxication, and lots of it&#33;

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

Rock is not dead, Rock is just not totally mainstream. And I&#39;m quite happy about it.
    Look at the great rock festivals, there are tens of thousand of people. Great atmosphere, good music and lots of beer.
    Sure there are good underground bands... maybe it&#39;s just me, but I haven&#39;t heard anything "great&#33;" yet... that&#39;s all.

Decanus

Edited by Carsomyr. Forgot I logged on with my old account.

Justinian @ Apr 28 2005, 01:54 PM)
    In my opinion ... good rock is dead.

Totally agree. The vast majority of present day rock just can&#39;t even compare to the older schtuff I listen to. Right now I&#39;m currently listening to some Boston with The Moody Blues about to start any minute. It is hard to catch me listening to some of the new crap of today&#39;s standard. Only time you will catch me is if the song really is a good song and actually stands out amongst the rest in its own league (like Pulp -- Like a Friend. I actually happen to like Pulp a lot. Don&#39;t know why.).

Marcus AureliusVI: Elvis was okay, not a big fan. Metallica rules me, I&#39;m 14 and I can&#39;t believe what our society has found they want to listen to. Rap&#33; Hip Hop&#33; All garbage

Elvis takes some time to get use to. I like remixes of his songs, too; especially remixes involving techno or electronica. Like this, for example.

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

rock is not dead. good rock is not dead. i am a commity member of one of the lesser hears of festivals in britain called the uxfest. i get to listen to hundreds of demos from rock bands across the country. just because most of these bands are unheard of, does not make them any less great. the spirit, the music, the lifestyle is still there, although there is way too much chav influenced TV and radio these days to cover it all up.

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

i am a commity member of one of the lesser hears of festivals in britain called the uxfest. i get to listen to hundreds of demos from rock bands across the country. just because most of these bands are unheard of, does not make them any less great. the spirit, the music, the lifestyle is still there,
    That seems like a fun job... I listen to underground bands but it&#39;s hard to find them, maybe I should get a job like the one you got to get acces to more demos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast