Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

I have that problem too I think I can't check or uncheck the mods

cool.....

Hmm... whenever I try to download this it closes my window. Help Please?

Hello i need help with mod manager.When i open the manager it says that cannot find the pathe automatically to empire.exe.
    What can i do and how can i fix it?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm afraid that I cannot help with mod manager - I couldn't make it work either, which is a shame as it sounds like a very useful thing to have.

For what it's worth, I can suggest two ways of working around this problem:-

- open mods with Pack File Manager and right-click to change them to 'Movie' type so they work automatically without needing to be activated by Mod Manager. This works for some mods but not others; for example, it doesn't work for the Additional Units Mod. Various versions of Pack File Manager are available to download. I use PFM 1.5.3. which is available with HusserlTW's EasyDB software and PFM 3.1.8, which I found online by searching for Pack File Manager; other version are available. I think that some more recent versions - since 3.1.8 - only work if you have Rome 2 Total War.

- using a script file to activate mods; I've explained how to do this and made a sample script file available to download in a post on the Mod Recommendations & Queries thread (link to page - scroll down to see my reply to Hidole555).

! Cannot execute "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.323\ModManager.exe"
    any tips on how to fix it? Wont let me open from winRAR

So is this considered a dead program? Seems like no one can get it to work anymore.

is there a mac download for this

In order for your mod manager to work in 1.5 do this. Open the .zip and extract all files to the main directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war

Seriously ?? I use Mod Manager for ETW almost everytime I play, and for NTW as well. I haven't had many problems with either. The secret is in the order of files and the removal of the scripts. When ever you start a new campaign, make sure the scripts are deleted, load up Mod Manager, place your mods in order ( rule of thumb was always Sound files first, then game changes, like extra cannons or animations mods. Then any unit mods and main ones last like AUM. ) then start. Sometimes I have to play around a couple times to get things working right, but thats the game being finicky not MM. Mod Manager works as supposed too, the game does not cooperate however. If you keep getting bad loading or ctd's then you have a bad mod, or conflicting mod. remove all mods and add them slowly and in smaller numbers until you find the culprits.

Wish I could say more, but yea !!

Push on, brave York volunteers

modmanager 1.5 want work

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I can't get it to work in Win 7 64 bit, but it worked on 32 bit 7 ..

The NTW version works on 64bit but seems to finish badly every file newly created as a pack, because it crashes the game. Only files previously edited (on 32 bit ?) work ....?!!??

Also can I use NTW pack file for SHO2 because that one also doesn't work.

any chance of a Linux version of Mod Manager?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by MADDSNIPER View Post
    any chance of a Linux version of Mod Manager?
    I would go for a multiple OS installation. Since you can have a few Windowses guess you can have one Linux and one Windows too. Just not to be on one and the same drive.

The users of Planetary Annihilation have made a cross platform mod manager for thier game using the Atom shell framework instead of .net, you might want to look into that.

i get an error while i try to Run Mod Manager, unable start correctly 0xc00007b

i dont have check list on the left of the mods? How can i fix this? Please my eyes are melting when i try to read

Just trying my luck here.

I have this error - see attached image. Could someone please guide me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

Sorry double post, can't edit. the first attachment was wrong. Though they have the same error please see attched image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

how does one get this to work for napoleon?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!