Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager 1.5 (fixed download link)

Default Re: Mod Manager 1.0.1

Shouldn't putting a Mod (Mod A) before another (Mod B), make any edits A has supersede what B edits?

I've got two mods, one which is Quixote's combat overhall in mod form, and a testing Mod version of mine which edits Hindu Musketeers. When I run only my mod, the edit goes through, but no matter how I order the mod's to load, Quixote's mod always supersedes the edits in my Mod.

Miles

man this guy works fast.. haha i haven't even played my first game this afternoon and you have already made a program... excellent lol
    Slovenic by birth, Christian by the Grace of God.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Thanks a lot LT, major street +rep.

And I want to know the answer to Ahiga's question.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Shouldn't putting a Mod (Mod A) before another (Mod B), make any edits A has supersede what B edits?

I've got two mods, one which is Quixote's combat overhall in mod form, and a testing Mod version of mine which edits Hindu Musketeers. When I run only my mod, the edit goes through, but no matter how I order the mod's to load, Quixote's mod always supersedes the edits in my Mod.
    I suspect one of the mods overwrites the entire vanilla file and the other has a new db fragment that just overwrites a single row. Is that accurate? But you have the order backward, I think the mods that are loaded last will supercede mods loaded before.

Miles

That's because those are some "old" mods that wasn't build using the proper mecanics.
    Most of those mods are just overwriting whole natives files each time they load.
    You'll just have to wait until they rework them to be "thrue" mod and not just a pach turned into a mod

Edit: BTW LTChambers has it been confirmed that the text file rules the loading order or is this just a guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by LtChambers View Post
    I suspect one of the mods overwrites the entire vanilla file and the other has a new db fragment that just overwrites a single row. Is that accurate? But you have the order backward, I think the mods that are loaded last will supercede mods loaded before.
    I'm pretty sure you're right, thanks for the correction.

I had this same problem. I got rid of the other mod for now. I suspect there is more to it than meets the eye.

EDIT: But the thing is, it does not work no matter what order the mods are listed.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Being Earnest View Post
    I had this same problem. I got rid of the other mod for now. I suspect there is more to it than meets the eye.

EDIT: But the thing is, it does not work no matter what order the mods are listed.
    I've been doing some testing with two small mods affecting the same thing, and I can confirm that the load order is working very well!

Check how your mods are done with the PFM, if the names of the files are the same than the vanilla that's the cause of it.
    Proper mods cannot be run this way.
    (those can not be called "mod" just because they have the mod flag on)

bessus's Avatar Civis

this is genius!!

God this program rocks! Waaah!
    I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse. -Charles V

My Mods- PipMod, LeatherUI, Spain Retexture+flag swap
    My website

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

nice tool, seems very useful. regarding what was said about mods containing files which match the name of the vanilla file, would it be possible then to have the program inspect the mod packs it finds to determine if any are directly overwriting the entire original file, and warn the user that it will likely affect other mods? Then again that would likely be a complicated process. Assuming im understanding this properly though, its a practice which should probably be discouraged.
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Yeah, it's working! Truly a genius, you are. Someone should sticky this right away!

I ran a mod through the Mod Manager, then later changed the name, but the original name AND the new name are appearing in the Mod Manager list. Is it possible to have MM check if mods already entered in the userdata config file actually have related .packs in the data folder?
    I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse. -Charles V

My Mods- PipMod, LeatherUI, Spain Retexture+flag swap
    My website

Spot on m8 - lovely utility and solved a major headache for me

My game crashes when I start the game with the manager. Anyone know what could be the cause?

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

Maybe you deleted a mod from your data map?
    I know I did, but in the mod manager the mod still showed up as being available, that's something that should be fixed, once a mod is added it stays there forever unless you clean the user.empirescript yourself.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

They go into the D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data folder right?

Not any of the unpacked submaps?

So, when I try to run this I launch empire, it starts to load then gives me a cannot be null error.

Any ideas?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Any help appreciated as i am trying to place all of my mods using Mod Manager as th new patch from CA is due next weeke and all mod files will be overwritten etc...?

I am trying on my first mod which is the Blood Only mod from Mech_Donald and i have downloaded the manager and placed in data folder the following files: the mod manager and common.dll file. I also see the user.empire_script.txt file in my folder with the existing file.

Next, i have changed the blood mod file to mod blood_only.pack and placed in data folder and changed file from patch to mod file using pack manager.
    i then go back into data folder and open mod manager and see the mod is in the manager and i also check the script file as well and see the mod in there as well.

i start game using the launch icon in mod manager and the blood mod does not appear in game anymore?? what am i doing wrong here?

EDIT: okay tried a second time got ten mods now installed in mod manager!all working 100% fantastic stuff LtChambers +rep
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; March 22, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

For patch mods like that I found if you add in a new unit, that will work. Like everyone else said modifying any existing unit will not get updated from your mod.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."