Thread: Interesting/Unorthodox Tactics

Default Interesting/Unorthodox Tactics

Earlier today I played my first multiplayer match. I am new to MP, so I decided to try an unorthodox trick to see if it would work.

I picked Poland-Lithuania. My allies were Ottomans, French, and Swedes. My army basically consisted of 1 General's bodyguard, 6 Polish Winged Hussars, and 1 Light Infantry (all fully upgraded). My enemies were Americans, French, Persia (???), and British.

The battle began with my French ally marching straight into the enemy French/American line. My ally had only Line Infantry, and it was a very bloody fight. Despite being totally outnumbered, my ally inflicted heavy casualties.

Meanwhile, the Persians made a front line of Hindu Infantry a little ways infront of my Ottoman ally (who was doing nothing). I sent my LI into the woods to raid his guys, when all of the sudden he sent some Cavalry (Apahis or something) into the woods. I sent 1 unit of Hussars into the woods. His British ally (who was cheating by using one unit of artillery) sent troops (Guards I think), and the battle became a slugfest.

Up north, my Swede ally had pretty well crushed most of the enemy French army (the Swedes were basically a balanced army), while the Ottomans still did nothing. I threw all my cavalry into the fight, and I would say I took down many of his troops, including the British Guards and a huge clump of Persian cavalry.

Then the Ottomans advance, just as my entire army begins to flee. Ironically enough, his (largely infantry with 3 cavalry units) army completely mops the floor with the British-Persian army, and swings around to hit the weakened French-American force up north.

Then my game crashed .

Would you say my tactic is of any value? I am currently trying different things (never cheap tricks like Mortar Spamming though), and want to see if I can find a tactic that works well.

Also, how did that guy manage to select Persia? If I knew he could select minors, I would have tried to get the Cherokee (if you have ever tried their army before, you will know why I would want them).

Finally, do any of you have unorthodox tactics that you have tried?
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Default Re: Interesting/Unorthodox Tactics

For a 4v4 itīs hard to say for a 1v1 it wouldnīt be much seeing they get shot too pieces.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

search for all factions unlock, but it doesnt have indians as a playable choice, theres very few new units in it and almost all the factions are clones of already playable ones persia for example is very very close to maratha confed.

and yes he's right theres only a few units in the game worth putting exp on.
    the simple fact of the matter is there is no defense skill agianst a bullet, so if your not meleeing your going to be destroyed because you cant even get close to matching the volume of fire being put out by the opponent.

cav you'll also learn are fairly weak in this game, there only really fairly good against skirmishers, or 60 man units that sort of thing. even if they hit from behind and engage in melee they still wont beat a unit of linemen, admittedly yours might but they cost so much its hardly worth it, and you cant reform to charge unless you want to risk being shot in the back.

cav you'll also learn are fairly weak in this game, there only really fairly good against skirmishers, or 60 man units that sort of thing. even if they hit from behind and engage in melee they still wont beat a unit of linemen
    Just learn to use them and they can decimate line troops - at least when deployed in line. The key is that lovely 'charge bonus', as well as paying attention to what the easiest way to go is once you hit a unit in line formation.

I think it would be interesting to have a massive number of upgraded long rifle men in a 4v4 considering they can walk invisibly

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

You should try massively upgraded grenzers, its incredible how fast they shoot, it's almost like automatic weaponsfire lol.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Actually, next I am going to try a zerg-rush with the Marathas (composing of elephants, swordsmen, etc)

Does anyone here know how to play as the minors in multiplayer?
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"