Thread: Religious agents not spawning

Default Religious agents not spawning

I've built 2 or 3 churches in India and developed them a level, and none of them are spawning any Protestant missionaries. Been waiting a fair few turns. It's a bit of a pain as I have quite a bit of religious unrest across my Indian regions. Anyone else had this problem, and any way to get around it short of building a church in every region to quell the unrest?

Default Re: Religious agents not spawning

My church folk (and other agents) spawn just fine. Just give it time. I think it helps to upgrade the churches some but its not necessary. Soon enough you'll have too many of them runnin around. The church itself also helps conversion. Hope this helps!

I was just about to post the same complaint. I only had one Missionary and I'm pretty sure that he came at the start of the game. He died a little while ago and I now have several churches but no missionaries I have stacks of rakes and gentlemen though. Is there perhaps a cheat code to get a missionary because surely the game is bugged right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyphos View Post
    My church folk (and other agents) spawn just fine. Just give it time. I think it helps to upgrade the churches some but its not necessary. Soon enough you'll have too many of them runnin around. The church itself also helps conversion. Hope this helps!
    Unless they take hugely longer to spawn than rakes and gentlemen (both of which I've had no problem with), I don't think it's a matter of giving it time, I'm afraid.

Yeah I'm up to 1724 and have not sprawned one missionary. My only one was with me at the start of the game.

If you have captured that region during your campaign check to make sure there are no conflicting religious buildings still in that region. Make sure you check in the region capital city too. I had that issue once and as soon as I destroyed and rebuilt the religious building in the regional capital, my other religious buildings started to work properly and spawn normally.

-E-

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasio View Post
    If you have captured that region during your campaign check to make sure there are no conflicting religious buildings still in that region. Make sure you check in the region capital city too. I had that issue once and as soon as I destroyed and rebuilt the religious building in the regional capital, my other religious buildings started to work properly and spawn normally.

-E-
    Just had a check through the building browser at the regions in question, and the only thing I can see (that isn't financial or military in nature) is the Subadar's palace, but that isn't a religious building either, is it? Unless it is that, I don't think a conflict is the explanation...

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Just had a check through the building browser at the regions in question, and the only thing I can see (that isn't financial or military in nature) is the Subadar's palace, but that isn't a religious building either, is it? Unless it is that, I don't think a conflict is the explanation...
    Well pull it down and replace it with a building from you own faction/religion. It might help although it is might not, you do not have much to lose. Please post the result

-E-

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstasio View Post
    Well pull it down and replace it with a building from you own faction/religion. It might help although it is might not, you do not have much to lose. Please post the result

-E-
    It worked. Seems a bit unintuitive, though. Why should a palace in the capital stop churches elsewhere in the region (my region, after all) producing missionaries? Still, great to have it resolved.

i have the same problem in my russian campaign. i have 4 churces,2 maxed out, but my only priest died 3 turns ago.i had no priests ever since, even if i am in yearr 1737

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

usefull to know ! thank you both, one to have asked and the other to have replied ciAO

denmark is pretty notorious about not spawning priests, and in several campaigns i waited ~32 years, but eventually they spawn
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....