Thread: [ETW AAR] The rebirth of the Portuguese empire

Icon10 [ETW AAR] The rebirth of the Portuguese empire

The year is 1700....

Portuguese empire is in decline, after the disastrous union with spain the kingdom have lost territories and spent decades in war against spain, wars of independence was a success but the economy was in ruins.

King Pedro II is living a hard time, seeking alliances, develop trade routes and seeking new partners and start building two brand new fleets (atlantic fleet and arabic sea fleet), merchant fleets was sent to east indias,africa coast, brazil coast, and increase the wealth of the kingdom.

On this journey new allies have appeared (UK,Venice,knights st john, austria, georgia, german states (hannover, etc), russia,denmark..)

Portugal wasn't anymore isolated on the european diplomatic channels, but the economy was issue and bankrupcy was in risk, costs of the two fleets, recruitment to face the risk of invasion in portugal and in goa, was draining all the money.

Something was need, than Pedro II have launch invasion of Marroco, artillery,line inf, cavalry and irish brigade have took tangier by storm.

After the annexation of marroco, bad news arrived.War was spreading among our continent and allies have call us to help, sweden and prussia have start a new war.

France and Spain quickly moved their fleet and start raiding our ports and fleets, but after a miraculous defeat with ratio 3:1 our diplomats accepted peace treaty with both nations, our enemies have fall with our bluff, our victorious but crimple navy and tiny land army can now live to to fight another day.

But bad news arrive more faster.....

"theres only need 1 man to make war, but to make peace we need 2..."

well this is the start of my AAR the first i started in years stay tunned and sorry for my bad english
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Default Re: [ETW AAR] The rebirth of the Portuguese empire

Nice start but how about lowering the gamma/brightness?
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Orko's Avatar Praeses

cool! eager for next part!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    Nice start but how about lowering the gamma/brightness?
    well i've just noticed that when i've used my laptop (wich i use for internet) , because for gamming i use another computer wich have a more darker "image" thats why that gamma/brightness

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    cool! eager for next part!
    well next part will be a dark chapter for the empire a very very very bad moments

cool pictures

Chapter II

Fallowing the conquest of tangier and algiers, our King with his "royal pride" have subestimate the native peoples of his new domains, and started a new building program.

So faster his conquests are going, so quickly the order and popularity was dropping, all over the empire riots are on course (goa) but was north africa is the hot spot for two open rebbelions against the invaders.

Empire have no money 0, opposition and low class demanding the King's head, the king knowing his days are ending, but he would not give up without a glorious moment.

The provincial military commanders have received the order to fight to the last men, and die but never retreat.

Only true patriots did what they did, small armies, but more brave than huge ones...

The Rebbelions are now over, Portugal have pacified this lands and granted the access to the mediterranic sea.

The news of this victories have spread quickly and soon the Mighty Ottoman sultan have signed a peace treaty, our Kingdom have now earned some respect among the Big Powers.

Pedro II was now dead, like he predicted he would die in glory for his conquests and repressed rebbelions on africa.

His Sucessor is Joao V, disregarding the peace living on the kingdom and colonies his life was short and died under misterious ways, a external enemy or his own Daughter ??

The King is dead, Long live the Queen...

Now was time to make our position on India sub-continent, using the on-going war between marathas and mughals we've start a offensive against both.

Both we need money, no money = no armies , so our queen have sacrificed our arabic sea fleet to raise two new armies, using granadiers and colonial troops.

Marathas have a solid position on south so we've lunch a surprise attack on north on Gujarat province.

After a quick victory, the second army landed on Sindh province and caught the Mughals off-guard...

Last edited by Ataegina; March 21, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

nice!

CheekyKiwi's Avatar Libertus

very cool
    "Mercy is not a revolutionary sentiment" General Wesstermann commander of Government in forces in Vendee

"I Dont kiss and tell, instead i 'em and brag" Pegz, true aussie Gangsta

"Victory till i Die"
    "Standing with my mates in the Southern Terrace"
    "We are Champions"
    Me, or my split football hooligan personality anyway

Roloc's Avatar Biarchus

Very good, keep it up