Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Up to 4294967295 turns per year! - Editor v1.01 released

Default Up to 4294967295 turns per year! - Editor v1.01 released

NEW Editor now supports starting season. In odd turns per year the starting season lasts 1 turn shorter than the other season. E.g. 3 turns per year with winter start = winter, summer, summer.

Editor application available. Simply start the Turns Editor, open a save game or a campaign file, enter the number of turns you want and press save.

The application requires that Microsoft .Net 3.5 framework is installed. If you don't have it get it here

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Open up startpos.esf (the one in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main ) in your favorite hex editor.
    Then go to the following location: 569104 ( in hex it is 0008af10 ) (you can use the go to function (usually ctrl-g) to go there without scrolling).
    Right there it should say 02 00 00 00, this is the amount of turns per year. For changes up to 9 turns per year you can simply change the 2 to the required number.

If you want more you'll have to start thinking in hex. This only works on the grand campaign, not on the road to independence.

For the 4 billion turns per year change 02 00 00 00 to FF FF FF FF.
    Last edited by just; June 19, 2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added source code

Default Re: Up to 4294967295 turns per year!

aieee, i was just going to ask if anybody had figured this out yet. does it keep switching back from summer to winter though? one of the main reasons i want this is so that only 1 out of 4 turns involves snow. god i hate fighting in snow.

thanks!

Tassen's Avatar Decanus

Four turns per year would be perfect. One for each of the four seasons, but i agree with solecist if it was possible to have only one turn as winter, and the other three as I suppose spring, summer and fall, that would be optimal. Maybe this is a little too much to ask for though?

No, first half of the year is summer, the second half is winter. If you set the amount of turns per year very high you'll never encounter winter, but there also won't be inventions and triggers that set of at a specific year.

Holy crap !

Does this work? Can I finally have 4 turns per year?! Any side effects?

Tassen's Avatar Decanus

Ok, 2 turns of summer, followed by two turns of winter, followed by two turns of summer and so on and so forth, works for me. Better than every other being winter. That would be like having two winter seasons per year, not very realistic at all. Better then with a long winter followed by an equally long summer. Good find!

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

nice!

Cogito Ergo Vicco

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

does this mess up the aging of character and the years in which events happens?

Senator

som1 should release this as a mod.

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

He says that inventions are keyed to year, not turn, so I presume other events are the same. Really cool!

Cogito Ergo Vicco

Quote Originally Posted by SimonB1er View Post
    does this mess up the aging of character and the years in which events happens?

I have now tested it on 4 turns per year. Works perfectly, characters still age correctly (1 year per actual year) , construction still happens at the correct times, as do events. On 4 turns per year you get 2 turns of summer and 2 turns of winter, which is fine with me.

Excellent news indeed, with the smoke/blood/sfx/music/camera/graphics mods I already have, plus this mod, the game is really now beginning to become what I wanted. Now if the AI can just get tweaked I will be ecstatic.

+rep to the OP

EDIT : Oh, I should add that it does not work on saved games, I had to start a new campaign in order to get the effect
    Last edited by Snapshot; March 20, 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    I have now tested it on 4 turns per year. Works perfectly, characters still age correctly (1 year per actual year) , construction still happens at the correct times, as do events. On 4 turns per year you get 2 turns of summer and 2 turns of winter, which is fine with me.

Excellent news indeed, with the smoke/blood/sfx/music/camera/graphics mods I already have, plus this mod, the game is really now beginning to become what I wanted. Now if the AI can just get tweaked I will be ecstatic.

+rep to the OP

EDIT : Oh, I should add that it does now work on saved games, I had to start a new campaign in order to get the effect
    How do you installed it?

Just use a hex editor to edit the file the OP mentions, and change that 02 to whatever number of turns per year you want, then simply save the file. (good idea to back up the original file somewhere first)

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Was this done on a startpos.esf that has been modified, say for more factions in the grand campaign?

I'm using the vanilla startpos.esf and I cannot find this offset looking as it should when I get there.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    Was this done on a startpos.esf that has been modified, say for more factions in the grand campaign?

I'm using the vanilla startpos.esf and I cannot find this offset looking as it should when I get there.
    I did it on the vanilla startpos.esf

Haha!

Was using the go-to function and moving to that offset in Hex not in regular decimal.

Make sure your go-to is set to move to that offset in decimal not hexidecimal.

--

Works like a charm. Someone rep this guy for me!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; March 20, 2009 at 05:00 PM.

Ok, just tried it (4 turns a years). Worked fine exept for the events triggering two time in a row(the same event will trigger in each summer turn than the winter event will pop up two times in the winter turns, etc.) but it isn't that annoying. You just ignore it the second time.

Awesome! Been waiting for something like this. Is it save-game compatible too?

It is NOT savegame compatible. Might be is an auto converter is made, but that is pure speculation.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast