Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sample Mod Pack for those who want a starting point to mess about.

Default Re: Sample Mod Pack for those who want a starting point to mess about.

Great - that explains it to me... I did take notice of your mention earlier about unicode when dealing with the .loc tsv but I didn't realise how it was necessary elsewhere. Cheers m8

Updated, repacked and workaround for localisation.loc added.

Miles

Nice update, good work juniroxors

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Would you know how to make Highlanders and Clansmen available for Britain in custom mode?

I'm stumped with it

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Ok heres my problem
    To add the mod simply put user.empire_script.txt in your C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts (XP]
    at these part i cant find the file it said not accessible so can any one help me out

Laetus

Ok any help would be great! i've downloaded packfile manager 1.11 and i ended up in the db section units i've changed some of the values like accuracy,ammo rounds, price and saved them using the packfile manager. when i start the game nothing has changed! When i go back into the packfile manager the values i changed are still the same as the way i changed them but in game nothing is changed what am i doing wrong??????

Laetus

HHHMMMMM no one? I guess everyone else on here having the same problem with editing as i am?

Is this pack file updated for the 1.3 patch? So that I can change values for the new special units?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoferr View Post
    Is this pack file updated for the 1.3 patch? So that I can change values for the new special units?
    I don't believe this is updated.

Oh, damnit i really need those files updated I dont know how to create them myself.

LT McG's Avatar Laetus

Hey yall,
    I am completely lost when it comes to installing these mods. Honestly I am not that great of a computer guy and I apologize if my ignorance surprises you. If anyone could give me some kind of tutorial in the most dumb-downed language as possible, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by LT McG View Post
    Hey yall,
    I am completely lost when it comes to installing these mods. Honestly I am not that great of a computer guy and I apologize if my ignorance surprises you. If anyone could give me some kind of tutorial in the most dumb-downed language as possible, that would be great.
    Download the Mod Manager available in this forum and see if that helps you. If not, come back and post your questions in the Empire Mod Workshop > Miscellaneous forum. Good luck!

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: Sample Mod Pack for those who want a starting point to mess about.

Nice mod!

As You are a modder, i would like to ask You a little question regarding DB editor 1.8 that i have.

I would like to change units fire range and increase it to more historical accurate values.

How to convince a game to save this settings and use it?

I.E 12 lb cannons shot is 400 m and i would like to increase it to 1200 m.

I found a proper table called : "projectiles_tables" with all data from bows range to naval cannons range.

Please tell my step by step how to change the values in this table.

I'm using Mod Manager too, so no problem for me to launch a pack mod in ETW.

Which way is the best to make such changes in vanilla pack file?

Thanks in advance!

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: Sample Mod Pack for those who want a starting point to mess about.

Heh, You see i have the same problem as You have Matrix501!!

I changed some units fire range in projectiles_tables.pack table, but nothing happens!
    As You said the values are still vanilla, but in the table are the new one!

I even worked on vanilla original pack file with DB Editor, and i created a new pack file with the new values.

Whatever i do nothing happens in the game!!

I wonder if the load order make a difference, because Mod Manager automatically add a line to script user file when You launch a mod via MM.

I have a couple of mods i.e BSM 4.1 and all were recognized by ETW and are working without CTD!

If You have any ideas how to fix that post to my thread in Mod Workshop forum or i could help You with other problems as well!

I have some questions about this process. I have followed (I think) the steps described in the tutorial but am having difficulties getting changes to show in game.

Steps I have taken:
    1) Opened patch5.pack in PFM, and exported unit_stats_land table to data folder
    2) Created a new custom.pack file and changed it to a mod type pack.
    3) Saved new pack file to data folder
    4) Renamed the unit_stats_land table to custom_unit_stats_land
    5) Imported new table into my new pack file, deleted all rows except euro_line_infantry_britain
    6) Changed unit size for british line infantry to 200, save
    7) Added "mod custom.pack;" to the user.empire_script.txt file

When I start the game, british line infantry still show a size of 160. J
    I have successfully completed this process with a custom campaign and added that file to the script and it loads up all of the changes in the new campaign into the game. But for some reason this unit change isn't being incorporated. Any ideas why?

Quote Originally Posted by Helbent View Post
    When I start the game, british line infantry still show a size of 160.
    What you mean "still"? If you leave vanilla 160 you'll get in game 120 (3/4 of 160). When you enter 200 you should get 150 in game.

I started the game with no mods enabled (had DMUC installed previously but did a fresh install of ETW to make sure I didn't get any mix-and-match issues to run down). I have my unit size set to ultra, and when I boot the game the British line infantry show up with a size of 160. After going through the steps I described, and re-booting the game the British infantry in England still show a size of 160, and all of the tooltips, recruitment, etc... all still show them at 160.

I had a separate .pack file that I was using to store all of my campaign-related data, and I have been able to get that to load up correctly and all of the changes in the scripting.lua file show in game. I attempted to re-do the process to add the new unit_stats_land table into this .pack file and it still is not working. The scripting.lua changes and startpos.esf changes show correctly (which I am using alpaca's custom_campaign files added into my .pack to select, not modifying the vanilla files) but the unit size isn't changing.
    Last edited by Helbent; September 06, 2011 at 12:26 AM.

I didn't know that you had changed units size from game options (though 160 should had made me suspicious). Compress and upload your pack here to have a look.

No worries, it probably would have been useful information for me to put in my original post. In any case, attached is a rar with the pack file. There's really only this one change in it as I never moved on since I couldn't get this to work!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: forgot the attachment...

Your pack works fine:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The problem is with the starting armies which hold the unit size assigned already in startpos for every unit. If you recruit new Line Inf you'll get the 200 size. This happens when you have unit size in Ultra. If it is in Large then starting armies get also the new size (150 for 200 in pack). Do not ask me why this different behaviour because I always work with unit size in Large, so I cannot say.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast