Thread: Range - Ammo

Default Range - Ammo

Right. So I finally figured out how to change range on weapons, atleast I think I have. For anyone who is curious, its in the Patch.Pack/DB/Projectile_Tables/Projectile.

This also lets me change base reload speed, which is nice, because basically I am trying to make a 1 Man Unit Machine Gun with the Line Infantry as my base (Because I am lazy and cant be assed making my own Unit). My newest problem is now that he runs out of ammo in no time at all. Anyone see how you push a units total ammo right up?

EDIT: And in no time at all after posting this I see it in the Unit table. I guess I will leave this up incase anyone doesnt know how to change weapon ranges. But my question is answered.

EDIT2: Yay, it does work. I have a fun sniper unit that reloads fast. Unfortunatly the reload is currently limited by the Musket Reload animation. Is there anyway I can kill this/cut it down alot? It pushes the reload quite high, and I want a bullet a second.
    Last edited by Morbis; March 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Default Re: Range - Ammo

i know nothing abt the ammo part
    but regarding the animations part i tried it out before.
    due to the barrel loading there is cap on the maximum speed
    wat i did wat that i changed the unit musket to the weapon used by the fugerson rifle man.
    they use a screw rifle which have different animations and will be a ton faster then those maskets

I tried deleting the reload animation all together (A crap fix, but its better than nothing) but I cant seem to actually find the animation files. Atleast none of the ones I have deleted was the right one so far

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morbis View Post
    Right. So I finally figured out how to change range on weapons, atleast I think I have. For anyone who is curious, its in the Patch.Pack/DB/Projectile_Tables/Projectile.

This also lets me change base reload speed, which is nice, because basically I am trying to make a 1 Man Unit Machine Gun with the Line Infantry as my base (Because I am lazy and cant be assed making my own Unit). My newest problem is now that he runs out of ammo in no time at all. Anyone see how you push a units total ammo right up?

EDIT: And in no time at all after posting this I see it in the Unit table. I guess I will leave this up incase anyone doesnt know how to change weapon ranges. But my question is answered.

EDIT2: Yay, it does work. I have a fun sniper unit that reloads fast. Unfortunatly the reload is currently limited by the Musket Reload animation. Is there anyway I can kill this/cut it down alot? It pushes the reload quite high, and I want a bullet a second.
    Ok this is how you get more ammo:

1. open up patch.pack in pack file manager (make backup of file as well!!)
    2. go to db\unit_stat_land_tables\unit_stat_lands
    3. you should have a screen now on the right hand side with units and numbers etc..scroll along to the right and look for "ammo" column
    4. find the unit you are changing highlight box and change the number to what you want (1-999)
    5. go to file and save
    6. start game, hey presto unlimited ammo!!

Make sure that you have changed preferences in preferences.empire_script.txt line as well to true for limitless_ammo?

My method is a trial run as when Steam update patch comes out you will have to re do all the above as patch file is automatically overwritten, or if you are like me i have my game switched off for updates.

Yeah, I figured out Ammo, stuck on getting rid of the reload animation either in favour of no animation, or a much much shorter one. Thats the only thing stopping me from having my machine guns.