Thread: Rank fire for Light Infantry?

Default Rank fire for Light Infantry?

Is it possible to edit the files to allow a light infantry unit to use rank fire?
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Rank fire for Light Infantry?

I've given a short description of how to change these abilities here;

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239642

--

I can give more details when I get home, until then, there are some guides by Phenom for creating units that cover how to add abilities.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

When trying to import the TSV file back in with the changes made, I get an Unhandled exception error from the pack file manager.
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

In that case;

You'll have to extract your patch.pack then open the patch.pack inside FPM and make your changes (do not export to TSV, add the lines inside the FPM.)

You may also want to make sure your extracted TSV that is giving you the errors has no extra spacing.

Then you'll extract JUST the unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions to the unpacked folder for patch.pack (make sure you extract it to it's correct folder in the patch.pack directory structure.)

Once you have the file extracted in the proper place with the changes, use the repacker to pack your patch.pack back up.

This method does not create a patch file, so you will want to make sure to BACK UP patch.pack.
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; March 19, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

That worked. Thanks a bunch. Hehe, rank firing Grenzers to the rescue!

hey all i was just wondering about these TSV files. I dont know how to export a part of the patch.pack file to one of these. Im just trying to add a unit and the PFM wont let me open the units table. It gives me an error about the unhandled exception. I want to add the entry for the new unit im making. Any help pros?