Thread: Campaign battle records (request)

Default Campaign battle records (request)

This is a request to the modding community, as Ive zero background in or talent for modding.

Someone over in the General Discussion section posted a thread lamenting the lack of the old crossed swords icons on the campaign map that signify a heroic battle took place there. I gather E:TW no longer has this old feature of TW titles.

This got me thinking ... I would love a mod that tracked every battle fought during the campaign and this list could be called up while playing your campaign and reviewed. It would list every battle, the date fought, the nations involved, and the outcome (win/loss, minor victory, heroic victory, etc.), and would have a notes field where you could enter a brief comment or name for the battle. A sort of 'Battle History Sheet.'

Perhaps the mod would even place the crossed swords icon on the campaign map for victories you flag as important - and if moused over and clicked the 'Battle History Sheet' would pop up.

Any thoughts on the feasibility of such a mod? Anyone interested in producing such a thing?

Cheers,

Gora sahib
    Last edited by Gora sahib; March 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

tuore's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Campaign battle records (request)

This would be a nice idea for a mod!

Default Re: Campaign battle records (request)

Actually, this should have been implemented a long time ago, as it was with the x swords. We have a game that focuses on epic battles and well.... you got practically no record of those epic battles aside from the replay (which is cool and all, but a lesser version of it could have been used also).
    So thumbs up for whoever decides to do this.