Thread: Making the soldiers look professional...

Default Making the soldiers look professional...

I'm not really modder savy, just throwing this idea out to modders if they could somehow make it work.

One thing that bugs me about the game is how unprofessional the soldiers look. For example, while marching into battle, u have some just holding their musket at "port arms", while others are at right/left "shoulder shift" some even have the musket out like they are trying to do a balancing act on it.

Wondering if there is a way you could force all units to either hold weapon at shoulder shift, arms port, etc...etc...

just wondering

The Kahn's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Making the soldiers look professional...

Yeah, i know, that gets on my nerves too! i bet there's something you can do with animations perhaps but I'm not especially good with modding so I'm not sure.

Decanus

in db unit_stats_land find "training" string. Poorly_trained is for "port arms", and trained if for "soulder shift"

Highly interesting and useful find, HellFell.
    On a tangent, I am very irritated by soldiers slouching forward with their necks jut out as they march. Even the officers do this!

Well personally, that looks a lot more realistic to me than if they'd all be striking the same pose, like tin soldiers. I would expect them to behave in a less uniform way on the battlefield than on the parade ground. Have you ever been on a military march? I can tell you, after slogging a rifle and backpack for ten kilometres, comfort becomes concern number one. Another point to consider: Morale in 18th century armies was often very low, with regular desertions.