Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westeros Total War is recruiting (again)

Default Westeros Total War is recruiting (again)

So, as it nears April, I'm going to start and try drawing a team together again after the riduculous failure of the last team, and the falling apart of the original. Anyone wanna join?

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

monsterfurby's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Westeros Total War is recruiting (again)

As written in the other post, I would like to contribute. My skills are not really focused, but I can confidently claim to know a little bit of most things - depending on what is needed. (Working as creative director for a German game developer does that to you )
    Resident radical moderate.

What kinds of skills are you guys looking for?

Orko's Avatar Praeses

I know a little about mapping if it helps you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Everything. Basically. A whole team.

"Five had been his brothers. Oswell Whent and Jon Darry. Lewyn Martell, a prince of Dorne. The White Bull, Gerold Hightower. Ser Arthur Dayne, Sword of the Morning. And beside them, crowned in mist and grief with his long hair streaming behind him, rode Rhaegar Targaryen, Prince of Dragonstone and rightful heir to the Iron Throne."

I'm still here and still writing. I'm busy, but I can keep working on flavour text as needed. I've got all the biographies done now, too, so that's one job out of the way.

ok, post them in the dev group.

I'm here to do writing and flavor-text.
    Last edited by daddytorgo; March 25, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

id like to do research if thats what u need, just tell me what to research and ill do it

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

I think this is an awesome mod and would like to put myself forward for recruitment, however I have to finish a college course so I wont be capable of any serious contribution until the end of June.

I do not have any previous Medieval II modding experience, but I shold be capable of picking it up quickly enough; I have modded other games before. I am available for pretty much any work needed, unless it's too arty.

And, for a bonus, my college course is Software Development.

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

I PM'd stormbringer stating my interest as well. I've mostly been a lurker on these forums but I'm a huge fan of this series and what you guys have done with the mod so far. I'd definitely like to help out and have some ideas kicking around already.

First and foremost (and I might be in the minority on this) I think we should make the effort to upgrade to Kingdoms. I know this is no small task but I think the benefits of additional commands, more AI available (XAI, etc), permanent stone forts, etc would be well worth it. I also think it would help to generate more interest for WTW since the Kingdoms mod forum seems to have a lot more traffic.

I'd be willing to take the lead on this since it's something I'm probably going to attempt for my own use anyways, regardless of whether I'm added to the team or not.

We could do, but Condo doesn't have Kingdoms, and I'm not sure about the other half of our mod team either . I'll ask them internally again. Also, look at your PM.

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringer951 View Post
    We could do, but Condo doesn't have Kingdoms, and I'm not sure about the other half of our mod team either . I'll ask them internally again. Also, look at your PM.
    Gotcha. I wasn't sure who on the team was still active or not. If we do decide to move to Kingdoms, I have a working version converted from 0.51 using GED's barebones mod.

I didn't migrate any of the AI settings and all the recruit_priority_offset's in the EDU are set to 0 but it at least provides a foundation to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by camulos View Post
    I've mostly been a lurker on these forums but I'm a huge fan of this series and what you guys have done with the mod so far. I'd definitely like to help out and have some ideas kicking around already.

First and foremost (and I might be in the minority on this) I think we should make the effort to upgrade to Kingdoms.
    QFT, my feelings exactly. I am attempting to understand modeling and skinning, but would much rather work with Kingdoms if I was involved.

I'll get a team decision once I've actually got this team assembled . I will, honest *shifty eyes*

I've never worked on a mod before but I am a big fan of the series. (both total war and the a song of ice and fire) So if you have any use for me I'd be happy to help.

I do program for a living though if that's anything.

Helps. I'm still waiting on my current team to see who still wants to have a go at it.

Hey, I can do unit balancing, some scripting/coding and I could get great unit concepts for any modeler or skinner. Im also learning myself how to model atm.

Ok, PM me with example of work? And do you have extra time to contribute. Because the mod team actually needs to get off the ground

Also, "welcome to Rivendell, Mr Anderson"

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

I really wish I could help you guys. I have no real modding skills to speak of, but I'm a quick learner and am creative, full of ideas. I'm a decent writer and could help with unit, buildings, trait, ancillary,event etc descriptions and especially proofreading/editing. I've read all of the books, so I'm educated on that end. If you feel you need that I am 100% willing to help.

I've always wanted to learn to skin, and if I can find some time to learn (I'm already fairly decent with the GIMP/photoshop), I'd be more than happy to help on that end. But if I can find the time to try it out.

This is by far my favorite series of books and really needs to have justice done upon it in game form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast