Thread: Modding music?

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Default Modding music?

So with Pack file Manager I changed and made custom music, but the problem is both land and sea battle music - seems it's set on some sort of loop (and it's reseting to the beggining of the song at specified time) I think it's described in this file "sound_events_music" from data/sounds.pack.
    Can anybody explain how to remove the loop and maybe find how to add more tracks?
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Default Re: Modding music?

Hm...could be the same as with the load screens. I found the script in "db" that controls what and when the load screens are loaded etc. I guess you have to dig deeper and find something similar for the music. The script for the load screens in "db" are called "Main.Pack/db/loading_screens_tables"

Maybe try to see if you can find something like "Music_tables" or something of that sort. Might have a look later, but I am currently sort a deep in to the load screen thang :p.

Default Re: Modding music?

sound_events_music.csv, sounds.pack (sounds\events\) contains data on which music file plays during which event. It looked like this would be the one to change but I haven't been able to make it work. Let me know if you make any progress.

I tried indicating different files to play during the load screens, files I had added to sounds_music.pack, but it kept playing the previous files - until I removed those from the pack, and then it didn't play anything. Same for when I directed the indian battle music events to another file - same old files playing. I don't know, in this case it seems that replacing the .csv in the sounds.pack file doesn't work.