Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CA, plz correct it: The ranking system is totally worthless

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default CA, plz correct it: The ranking system is totally worthless

In term of the existing ranking list and statistic for the player I have clearly now to say what is written as headline!

I will also tell the reasons now:

1.) Ranking list – no possibility for any real comparing

Until now the complete background of the ranking list is totally unclear! Until now, there is nowhere any place where is an official ranking list of all ETW online / multiplayer guys who ever fought a ranking battle! Nowhere you can see on which place in term of points you stand and where the others are! NOWHERE!!!

Also it is until now only with a detour and only maybe if you have luck possible to see the stars and points of the other players. Stars could in the moment only be seen in the battle list when the other player makes a game open – nowhere else!
    Points are only visible when you have fought the guy in the results after the battle – nowhere else!

So all the nice things with given points and stars and how many ranking and other battles lost and won is at least only for the own pleasure of the player himself so long, what is finally totally worthless for making any ranking battles!!!

2.) The assign system of points and stars is worthless

All players who I know and this are a lot of mates, have earned in the first dozen battles sometimes about a few thousand points for one battle, also they as I earned plus points even when we lost the battle. Even when you have reached a limit “X” inside the 30.000 area you will always earn a few hundred points from now on or loose them, if battle was lost. Also it is silly, because the battles and their results are not even otherwise as before, when you got sometimes a few thousand points. So it is obvious that there is something like brakes installed in later term, where you never get much points as before, no matter how genial someone has won or lost! This is fact at about 14 players I asked in chat and it is strange that there

3.) Quitters + other reasons of game crashes and their dammed effects

If a quitter is crashing the ranking game with alt+tab in term when he is loosing, the game will crash, because steam makes an auto kicking of him with following crash of the game. What ever the reason is why it is not made, that the CPU take over the unit controls for normal ending the battle, also in non rating it as ranking battle, only as normal mp battle, such dammed guys make problems!
    The same stuff is, if there are really technical reasons of the game crash, which are of course also possible, including a crash made by Steam self (server update or what ever).

In both cases the host and also the team mates if more than 1v1 battle has in 80% of the battles as result a defeat! However Steam / ETW is rating such a defeat, it is clear ****!!!
    Not only that a battle is rated as lost, also the loosing host is loosing points and also possible stars of it!

The totally worst case, which made me writing this thread, I had yesterday:
    Together wit a mate from my clan and 2 friends from Kings clan was a 4v4 sea battle – host was one of the kings. During the deployment –the clock was still running down- the game suddenly crashed of unknown reason with the message of a crushing defeat for us.
    I don’t know if there was quitter working or it was of technical reason and it doesn’t matter at least. The first result was, that nearly all were kicked to the main menu of ETW. For me was the totally shock, when I took the secure look in the playerstats:

I LOST HERE WITH THAT DAMMED ******* REASON NEARLY 5.000 POINTS AND 1 STAR!!!

Under this circumstances I must clear say, that the ranking stuff is totally and truly worthless at all and without any exception!
    Until this all is not minimum 150% cleared and runs perfect, my decision is clear, that I never fought again any ranking battle.

Also, if it won’t be cleared a.s.a.p. by CA and Steam or become more terrible, I will delete all my points and stars by extra loosing battles with crushing result etc.

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

I totally agree. CA promised a lot for multiplayer and they didnt deliver at all. There is supposed to be a patch out this week and still no news on that... I am hoping they have it up by tomorrow.

Ladders, leagues etc were promised features but who knows how long we have to wait now.

Norrmannen's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: CA, plz correct it: The ranking system is totally worthless

I agree to 100%. CA should make a multiplayer patch. And I mean, a BIG multiplayer patch.
    And I want to add something that i find very disturbing. Some of players (mostly mates of their) make games and add only a specific units (like as only riflemen/ imagine a full stack of riflemens advancing against you, you are dead). That's not realistic and shouldn't be allowed to recruit only a specific unit in ranked battles (Most of us want serious and fair battle with well balanced armies in ranked battle).

I agree with the op, but not Normenn.. This game will not be catered to what you want like that. Can't believe anyone would complain about a full rifleman disposition.. There's tactics to it, no matter what. Relying on too much arty on auto fire is however boring. Ultimately that will not be changed. The biggest changes needed are to scoring system, maps, scenarios and crashes.

I think the ranking system should be reset after this patch. Simply becuase many have abused this unbalanced multiplayer system with unfair rules, units and maps that we have today.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

The ranking system is flawed because the maps aren't fair at all. So I wouldn't put too much stock in what the "skill ratings" say.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

"I think the ranking system should be reset after this patch. Simply becuase many have abused this unbalanced multiplayer system with unfair rules, units and maps that we have today."

100% agree

been stating this since day one...

rank should be only used with automatch... and automatch should match ppl up with who most closely is skilled with em... instead we have a bunch of noob bashers.

with auto match, balance can be instilled... randomness in factions can be instilled... and true rank can be established

rank reset + maybe add increasing cost if you buy too many of a specific unit like in medieval (only for art,cav and riflemen + elite inf), make fairer maps or randomize starting position.

Just make crashers and disconnectors -points problem solved.
    And Quickmatches destroys 90% of the game seeing selecting units is highly important.
    Reset of mp points is ofc not rly realistic your saying all the high players got there by cheating?.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Well,

beside a new "map discussion" here, because there are own threads for it, the made propsals given are sounding partly good.

I'm personally also for a reset of the complete ranking system and points with a patch to do so. My reason is, that there are beside some cheaters with changed unit costs and also other stuff who earned their ranks and points with it, more technical reasons as in my opening post of that thread named.
    But to reset the things is only sensible when also the following things are at minimum corrected:

- Making of an official ranking list sheet, which is for all cisible (without it, a ranking stuff has no worth when it is for own pleasure only)
    - launch of the "admitt defeat button" for the host (the host should never be placed under disability, when the next points work!)
    - an auto handling by CPU / AI of the army of a kicked player (This works only in non ranking games in moment!!!)
    - auto changing in such a case of a kicked player from ranked game to unranked game (will prevent "smart" guys to kick their enemy after start to get an easy CPU enemy for the ranking game)
    - If a game crashed at least, totally no rating of a result! (this will prevent any anger with it infuture!)
    - During the choosing situation a place where the name of the map is given (concession to the flat pool table map faction, but also helpfull for all)

I'm sure, that there are of course guys who will not have any rest of the stars and points. Beside the guys who have earned them with cheats and unfair ules etc. are of course guys who say, that they have earned them only fair and they won't play again 75 hours to become the same status as before.

In term of of the rules and whjo earmed his points and stars by unfair rules which give only him an advantage, there could never be an accepteble solution made by CA!
    Much more better is the simple using of the brain of each player to prevent each others against them and so finally to bann them out of the communitiy until they change their behavior.

Normally all guys who want to do so as unfair jack*** will host the game, because only here they can make their stupid rules. So if entering a foreign hosted game, ask for the rules and if they are ****, then leave the game (with or without comment) and everything is fine! If many do so, the unfair guy will have to get games where he can make his ****!
    Also is of course the possibility that such a guy enters a foreign game it is possible, that he cheats the fair rules. If the host has the possibility to kick him outr also during the battle, when he detect it, this guy will also not have any fun and no possibility to reach his goal!

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlan View Post
    Just make crashers and disconnectors -points problem solved.
    And Quickmatches destroys 90% of the game seeing selecting units is highly important.
    Reset of mp points is ofc not rly realistic your saying all the high players got there by cheating?.
    No, but many got there in the way you did - On a hill with mortars.

Quote Originally Posted by Norpheus View Post
    No, but many got there in the way you did - On a hill with mortars.
    And many didn't.

Plus, it's only once you get up in the high stars that you realise how difficult it can be to hold them.

I lost 3200 skill points in 1 defeat last night, and talking to metalhead he lost two games at over 5k a piece.

Once... IF mortars are changed, Mortar users will have to adapt fast if they expect to hold onto their rank.

It doesnt matter, too many have gained their rank trough this mortar war and to many has gained it trough other ways (money and stats cheat). Beside that also consider all the unfair maps out there.
    I know that some has really fought for their rank but considering the skill they have gained I think they would survive it.

True enough i spose, but would still smart to have all my records wiped knowing i've worked hard to get them... But i'm also pretty happy to smash my way across the battlefield to get them again.

Quick warning: Seems to me the STEAM UK & Ire network goes down at 10:50pm ish GMT each night, closing all games.

Last night it cost me a loss and over 5k skill points, so for those who really wanna hold onto them while they can, keep an eye on this.

Norpeus and what kind of backup do you have i got them unfair?
    I save replays of all my games for analystic use on how to improve my army so i can clearly say i also win 20 games in a row in non fixed artillery allowed.

Please norpheus if you go around insulting people be so nice too atleast give a backing up argument.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; March 20, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
    A legend is only a legend when alot of people talks about him. So far no one meets this requirement except Zyphlan
    ~PrimeChaosVC

Zyphlan is a legend, you don't need to be popular to be legendary .

They say real legends never die, and if screen shots can be believed, it would appear he has arisen to revisit unspeakable horrors on all who would oppose him!

Zyphlan if u read any of ure previous posts, its clear to see that u are guilty of exploiting more than one of the factors mentioned above...

Please and i mean it... dnt defend ureself lol >.<

I think my signature pretty much answer your question Zyphlan

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Ask what the rules are and if you don’t like them leave. I asked the host what the rules are and the answer came back, “you die and I win”. I don’t have time for idiots like that so I left.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Karhedron View Post
    And many didn't.

Plus, it's only once you get up in the high stars that you realise how difficult it can be to hold them.

I lost 3200 skill points in 1 defeat last night, and talking to metalhead he lost two games at over 5k a piece.
    Yep, I dropped below 5 stars after being there since my 3rd match, losing something like 3k in one fight. Then I recouped it all winning 4k by beating someone who was around 45k rating.

Rather erratic. I was going to work on that 6th star, but with the rampant cheating in MP (edit unit costs, editing unit stats, allowing the selection of any armies units, I have replays of matches against all these people) I'm not bothering.

I know folks that have gotten to the 45k-50k mark by never using mortars, but they do other things like only play Early matches. Totally fair, whatever works for you.

Still, who cares about rating when you can cheat? And you cannot report these people?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast