Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: R-Texture Project (GREAT BRITAIN IS NEXT!)

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default R-Texture Project (GREAT BRITAIN IS NEXT!)

DISCONTINUED!!!
    My Comp died at one point, and I lost all my work...

MODDERS MAY USE MY SKINS AS LONG AS PROPER CREDIT IS GIVEN! If proper credit isn't given, I'll come down on you like a hammer.
    Downloads for finished textures are at the bottom!
    ALL OF MY MODS ARE MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE! JUST DRAG, DROP, AND GO!

Spain Linemen
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Source Used: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...9&d=1237394499

British Redcoats

Source Used: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/201/4...e287235849.jpg

French Linemen

Source used: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7834/images39ij5.jpg

United Provinces Linemen

Honestly, this picture of the UP linemen really shows how retarded the default neon colors are. lol...
    Source Used: http://images.nypl.org/index.php?id=92348&t=w

Russia Linemen (Peter The Great) v2 Updated: 3/29/09 3:51PM

Source Used:
    http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/956...nfantryvr6.jpg

United States Linemen

Source Used:
    http://www.britishbattles.com/tim-re...ontinental.jpg

Ottomans Full Retexture v3 Updated: April 18th 2009 FINISHED

Spoiler for Units
    Spoiler for Generals Bodyguard

Spoiler for Isarelys

Spoiler for Nizam-I Cedit Infantry

Spoiler for Nizam-I Cedit Light Infantry

Spoiler for Nizam-I Cedit Rifles

Spoiler for Artillery

Spoiler for Azzars

Spoiler for Beylik Janissary Grenadiers

Spoiler for Beylik Janissary Musketeers

Spoiler for Bashi-Bazouks

Spoiler for Cemaat Janissary Grenadiers

Spoiler for Cemaat Janissaries

Spoiler for Deli Horsemen

Spoiler for Sipahis

Spoiler for Muselims

Spoiler for Semenys
    Spoiler for Unit Cards

Prussian Full Retexture v1

Spoiler for Units

Spoiler for Line Infantry

Spoiler for Light Infantry

Spoiler for Regiment of Horse

Spoiler for Uhlans

Spoiler for Cuirassiers

Spoiler for Dragoons

Spoiler for Light Dragoons

Spoiler for Foot Artillery

Spoiler for Horse Artillery

Spoiler for Gendarmerie

Spoiler for Grenadiers

Spoiler for Guards

Spoiler for Household Cavalry

Spoiler for Hussars

Spoiler for Prussian Jaegers

Spoiler for Militia

Austrian Full Retexture v1

Spoiler for Units
    Spoiler for Line Infantry

Spoiler for Guards

Spoiler for Grenzers

Spoiler for WB Jaegers

Spoiler for Grenadiers

Spoiler for Jaegers

Spoiler for Horse Artillery

Spoiler for Foot Artillery

Spoiler for Carbineer

Spoiler for Hungarian Hussars

Spoiler for Uhlans

Spoiler for Light Dragoons

Spoiler for Curassiers

Spoiler for Household Cavalry

If anyone has any suggestions, resources, or information that could be usefull, by all means leave them in this thread. I will need all the help I can get.

Contributors:
    Jarnomiedema: http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...itle_id=269277
    Épaminondas The "Oblique": http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...ntry_Regiments
    Bocah_Bali: For taking much better screenshots than I am willing to do.
    King Louise Assurbanipal: Lots of stuff
    ToonTotalWar: For helping me find the icons.
    Last edited by Remo; July 29, 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Default Re: R-Texture Project

Yes yes yes I love you, when will you have Spanish finished ? are you going to update prussian and austrians too ?

No me saques sin raçon, no me enbaines sin honor

Quote Originally Posted by ashesh View Post
    Yes yes yes I love you, when will you have Spanish finished ? are you going to update prussian and austrians too ?
    Gotta find the time to. I'm working as hard as I can but it does take a while to do each texture. Then I have to go ingame and check them, and you know how the loading time is.

I'm going to do each Linemen textures first as teasers, then I'll just do a full faction. The first full faction I do is defenently going to be spain.
    Last edited by Remo; March 19, 2009 at 06:32 AM.

awesome textures. Keep up a good work, mate

Nice job man

Got a request tough.
    Could you alter the dutch as well?

Here is a picture:

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

What period are you basing the skins, if its the 7 year war I think your Redcoats are wrong, as good as they look
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

also i think maybe french should have those... eeee... "socks" white too, not blue as they are now

Quote Originally Posted by Arose View Post
    also i think maybe french should have those... eeee... "socks" white too, not blue as they are now
    I'll be posting what sources I used for each of my alterations. If you think they should be different by all means post a picture for me to use in remaking them.

New spain retextures added.
    Last edited by Remo; March 19, 2009 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I'll be posting what sources I used for each of my alterations. If you think they should be different by all means post a picture for me to use in remaking them.

i think these could be good example:

http://www.uniformology.com/page3/pa..._image_0_1.png

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?im...nfrenchtx9.jpg

http://pic.leech.it/pic.php?id=b5d1efrankreich.jpg

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

So I must extract the files Tome Empire total war/data folder?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Well, french troops did wear colored socks usually of the same color than the facing/undercoat/pants, but they also used white gaiters above, especially from the middle of the century.

Here are some pics of french troops.

What would be nice would be to use the facings color on the pants/undercoat too (like in most of the exemples for the line infantry below) since full white uniforms with just colored facings weren't adopted until late in the game (under Louis XVI (and as shown on the illustrations of the american war of independance units shown by arose).

Household/guards troops should use the royal livery (blue with red facings and white lace, like the drummers) to represent the "french guards"

Here are a few illustrations i posted a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    Some french ancien régime uniforms i found.

The two first plate show typical french line infantry uniforms of the era with a greyish/white coat and colored facings and vests.
    The drummers (with a few exceptions) wear the royal "livrée" iirc.

The "gendarmes" (men-at-arms) of the other plates however should not be confused with the "gendarmerie" who assured order in the rural areas of the kingdom, these ones are the inheritors of the formers "compagnie d'ordonances" of the late medieval era and constitute heavy cavalry. They may even be reserved to the nobility, although i am not sure about that.

EDIT

Or maybe THEY are the "gendarmerie" unlike the "gendarmes" of the others plates...
    I am not quite sure there.

Yet, another typicals french line infantry uniforms.
    The drummer wear a different uniforms than the one of the previous plates because his regiment was (or is, at least theorically) owned by the queen.
    The other regiment is the property of the king (wich mean its colonel should be the king himself and the actual commander is just "lieutenant colonel") wich is why there is "royal" in his name (obviously) and why there are lilies on the white cross.

The white flag is the Bourbon's dynasty flag, the lilies are the symbols of the king of france and the white cross present on most french regimental flags is typical of the french army since the hundred years war (wich started with the french wearing red cross and the english white ones and ended the other way around :hmmm

Those plates show the household troops.
    First the infantry, with the french guards, recruited among french commoners to guard the entries of the royal palaces and other important places and the swiss guards (recruited among, swiss, surprisingly enough. ), those two regiments constitutes both at the same time a ceremonial unit and a military one, often deployed in the field.

The grenadiers are a kind of multipurpose unit, second only to the bodyguards in the honorifical hierarchy of the french army, able to fight mounted, on foot, to do engineer style works, guard the king etc.
    I have nothing of note to say about the "light horse" however excepted that they were "light" in the medieval era, compared to the "gendarmes", they aren't a real light cavalry unit.

Yet another series of plates about the royal household troops.
    This time they are cermonial units however.
    (Although the bodyguards and musketeers could be deployed as heavy cavalry in the field from time to time).

The hundred swiss guard the king's appartments and other important places and some of them are always following him wherever he goes.
    The bodyguards (or lifeguards) are composed only of nobles and are the most senior unit of the french army and of the household troops.
    Their closeness with the king and their recruitment explain this position.
    The musketeers are recruited among the lesser nobility or cadets and often constitute the entry into a military career since serving some time under arms is required to advance, they chose to serve in an elite and honorific unit (although a junior one compared to the bodyguards).

The household again, this time the one of Louis XVI toward the end of the ETW timeframe.
    Notice the black musician of the french guards.

Because of the french west indies and slave trading, blacks weren't totally unheard of in metropolitan france by the end of the XVIIIth century, despite the fact that the "code noir" (black code, the corpus of laws regarding slave ownership, relations between master and slave and freed slaves) forbade the ownership of slaves in France proper...
    As freed slaves were considered (theorically at least) as normal french citizen, some of them served in the navy or the army, others came to work in France and some were recruited as "exotic" servants by the upper classes.

There was even at least one black colonel iirc (although in his case, being in the entourage of the king, paternalism and the spice of exotism played probably more in his nomination than anything else)

Two others line regiments but this time their gear might indicate that they are deployed in north america (especially the axe/tomahawk or the summer/fatigue dress of the soldiers of the Sarre regiment)

The last plates are about french units of the AWI, including one of the irish regiment in french service (who wear redcoats like the british infantry).
    I have no idea about what is the "royal deux ponts" (royal two bridge ?), maybe a unit composed of former sailors or naval infantry ?

If people are interested i have other plates.

Some french ancien régime uniforms i found.

The two first plate show typical french line infantry uniforms of the era with a greyish/white coat and colored facings and vests.
    The drummers (with a few exceptions) wear the royal "livrée" iirc.

The "gendarmes" (men-at-arms) of the other plates however should not be confused with the "gendarmerie" who assured order in the rural areas of the kingdom, these ones are the inheritors of the formers "compagnie d'ordonances" of the late medieval era and constitute heavy cavalry. They may even be reserved to the nobility, although i am not sure about that.

EDIT

Or maybe THEY are the "gendarmerie" unlike the "gendarmes" of the others plates...
    I am not quite sure there.

Yet, another typicals french line infantry uniforms.
    The drummer wear a different uniforms than the one of the previous plates because his regiment was (or is, at least theorically) owned by the queen.
    The other regiment is the property of the king (wich mean its colonel should be the king himself and the actual commander is just "lieutenant colonel") wich is why there is "royal" in his name (obviously) and why there are lilies on the white cross.

The white flag is the Bourbon's dynasty flag, the lilies are the symbols of the king of france and the white cross present on most french regimental flags is typical of the french army since the hundred years war (wich started with the french wearing red cross and the english white ones and ended the other way around :hmmm

Those plates show the household troops.
    First the infantry, with the french guards, recruited among french commoners to guard the entries of the royal palaces and other important places and the swiss guards (recruited among, swiss, surprisingly enough. ), those two regiments constitutes both at the same time a ceremonial unit and a military one, often deployed in the field.

The grenadiers are a kind of multipurpose unit, second only to the bodyguards in the honorifical hierarchy of the french army, able to fight mounted, on foot, to do engineer style works, guard the king etc.
    I have nothing of note to say about the "light horse" however excepted that they were "light" in the medieval era, compared to the "gendarmes", they aren't a real light cavalry unit.

Yet another series of plates about the royal household troops.
    This time they are cermonial units however.
    (Although the bodyguards and musketeers could be deployed as heavy cavalry in the field from time to time).

The hundred swiss guard the king's appartments and other important places and some of them are always following him wherever he goes.
    The bodyguards (or lifeguards) are composed only of nobles and are the most senior unit of the french army and of the household troops.
    Their closeness with the king and their recruitment explain this position.
    The musketeers are recruited among the lesser nobility or cadets and often constitute the entry into a military career since serving some time under arms is required to advance, they chose to serve in an elite and honorific unit (although a junior one compared to the bodyguards).

The household again, this time the one of Louis XVI toward the end of the ETW timeframe.
    Notice the black musician of the french guards.

Because of the french west indies and slave trading, blacks weren't totally unheard of in metropolitan france by the end of the XVIIIth century, despite the fact that the "code noir" (black code, the corpus of laws regarding slave ownership, relations between master and slave and freed slaves) forbade the ownership of slaves in France proper...
    As freed slaves were considered (theorically at least) as normal french citizen, some of them served in the navy or the army, others came to work in France and some were recruited as "exotic" servants by the upper classes.

There was even at least one black colonel iirc (although in his case, being in the entourage of the king, paternalism and the spice of exotism played probably more in his nomination than anything else)

Two others line regiments but this time their gear might indicate that they are deployed in north america (especially the axe/tomahawk or the summer/fatigue dress of the soldiers of the Sarre regiment)

The last plates are about french units of the AWI, including one of the irish regiment in french service (who wear redcoats like the british infantry).
    I have no idea about what is the "royal deux ponts" (royal two bridge ?), maybe a unit composed of former sailors or naval infantry ?

If people are interested i have other plates.
    Last edited by Keyser; March 19, 2009 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    So I must extract the files Tome Empire total war/data folder?
    Yuppers

Well, french troops did wear colored socks usually of the same color than the facing/undercoat/pants, but they also used white gaiters above, especially from the middle of the century.

Here are some pics of french troops.

What would be nice would be to use the facings color on the pants/undercoat too (like in most of the exemples for the line infantry below) since full white uniforms with just colored facings weren't adopted until late in the game (under Louis XVI (and as shown on the illustrations of the american war of independance units shown by arose).

Household/guards troops should use the royal livery (blue with red facings and white lace, like the drummers) to represent the "french guards"

Here are a few illustrations i posted a while ago.

Could you be more specific as to which picture your talking about. I would have a really hard time picking out which scheme to use.

yes, i'd agree about pants having the same color as facings

Quote Originally Posted by Arose View Post
    yes, i'd agree about pants having the same color as facings
    I'm not very uniform savy. Which part is the facings?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcquez View Post
    Nice job man

Got a request tough.
    Could you alter the dutch as well?
    As per request, new United provinces linemen added.

Senator

nice job man. just one thing. isnt the united provinces lines men color a bit too dark?

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

can you add pls the Prussian
    need some stuff
    hope you make it

Quote Originally Posted by lesterthenerd View Post
    nice job man. just one thing. isnt the united provinces lines men color a bit too dark?
    I pulled the color straight off of the picture. It's most likely the angle of the screenshot. It's the same color as the blue in their flag.

My graphics also are pretty low when i took this one. I usually turn them way down when playing multiplayer. I take crap screenshots regardless though.

Senator

I pulled the color straight off of the picture. It's most likely the angle of the screenshot. It's the same color as the blue in their flag.

My graphics also are pretty low when i took this one. I usually turn them way down when playing multiplayer. I take crap screenshots regardless though.
    yeah i tried them ingame and man it looks incredible! just more thing. do you think you could ever make a tutorial on how to change their colors using photoshop or whatever program u used to change their colors. i know we have to open the dds files but i dont know how to change their colors when selecting the different channels

i could help you out a lot since i have too much free time (no lifer lol)

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast