Thread: God Save the King: A medieval RPG

Default God Save the King: A medieval RPG

Good day, AAR readers and RPGers.

As you may be aware, God Save The King! (GSTK) was an RPG using Medieval 2: Toal War. Set in the early 13th Century, players were able to choose between a life as a Knight or a Priest as they worked their way up the social ladder in Feudal England. Sadly, GSTK was shut down due to inactivity not long ago under order from its Local Moderators. This indeed was a unhappy time as GSTK was one of the most popular RPGs in this forum. Nevertheless, a recent upheaval from the still loyal members of the game have now unearthed GSTK in hopes of restoring the old girl to her former glory. Thus, we have decided to re-establish ourselves and build her back up with new characters and new opportunities for all.

As it currently stands, we have about 6-8 dedicated players who are willing to support the new incarnation of the community's favourite Medieval RPG. We at GSTK are humbly asking the Forum for any of you who are interested in the Medieval Period, Medieval 2: Total War or any other RPGs to have a look us up here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=266. The game itself is still being organised before a codified collection of the rules, regulations and duties is posted and God Save The King is once more ignited. Any help or ideas are more than welcome and will be considered by the player base as a whole.

Though I cannot yet reveal the mod which will be used, I can say that the time period will be the late 14th or early 15th Century, still from the perspective of England.

At any rate, to stop myself rambling I will end here by saying this: GSTK is a fantastic opportunity to interact with other members of the forum as well as Medieval 2: Total War and History enthusiasts. Please do not hesitate to post in the GSTK forum, in this thread or even drop me a PM if you have any questions about the game.

Once more into the breach, dear friends, once more!

Thank you for your time.

-Dune
    Last edited by RVFVS; March 18, 2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Default Re: God Save the King: A medieval RPG

Your name isn't Dune!

Aw, but I was going to be the one to bring GSTK back once the E:TW insanity was over.

I wonder if my old story is in the archives there...

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Jeb View Post
    Your name isn't Dune!

Aw, but I was going to be the one to bring GSTK back once the E:TW insanity was over.

I wonder if my old story is in the archives there...
    Yep it is still there. You should come back mate.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Good times...but I never actually played the game. What mod are you using by the way?

I dont really know. We are in the 100Years war era.

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

If you're going to copy+paste my work, at least give me credit

I did and I got a few pms saying I was impersonating you

Djûn's Avatar ॐमणिपद्मेहूँ

Good evening once more members of TWC,

I can now confirm that the game will be using the mod 'La Guerre de Cent Ans - The Hundred Years' War', which can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=205709.

The game starts in the year 1337 and ends in 1453; there are two turns per year (Summer and Winter). It evidently contains mainly the French and English, though the inclusion of the Savoy, Aragonese and HRE are still present to an extent - as well as a couple other minor kingdoms and duchies of France. Though the scope is lessened, the land size has actually increased with now 113 provinces and a more diverse and accurate range of units for each faction.

WHAT! NO SCOTLAND?!? FOR SHAME!!

Domesticus

we tried it and it failed
    Sometimes both sides are wrong. Unfortunately most people do not understand this and argue endlessly.