Thread: Historical Innacuracies...

Icon8 Historical Innacuracies...

I just started Episode II of Road to Independence and noticed that Fort Niagara is listed as being in Algonquin territory. This is not so. Having lived in the area all my life and actually visiting Fort Niagara numerous times(and its alleged ghosts, but that is for another forum), I can tell you that the Niagara Territory was in Seneca Territory, one of the tribes of the Five Nations(Mohawk, Oneida, Onandaga, Cayuga and Seneca, later adding Tuscarora to become Six Nations), or belonging to the Iroqouis Confederacy and NOT the Algonquin.

In fact, the French, while holding the fort had to appease the Senecas by not building anything that appeared to be a fort that could be used for warring purposes or any type of military fortifications. What they did was to build the Great House(or French Castle), which they told the Senecas was a peaceful longhouse, or a place that people from all over could come and meet and trade goods at. They went so far to conceal this by making it appear that it had no military defenses, but it had many, including inpenetrable stone walls and overhanging or "machicolated" dormers, which could be used to fire down upon incoming enemies.

The Senecas did not heaviliy populate the area during the mid 1700's but it was in fact Seneca Territory, and in NO WAY part of Algonquin territory whatsoever. This is 100% false and someone should correct this in a mod or CA should issue a patch to address the issue. If need be the French should have a small piece of land with Fort Niagara on it, encircled by Seneca territory(or Iroquois COnfederacy the Senecas were a part of)...

Just wanted to point out some inaccuracies of an other pretty cool game...

Default Re: Historical Innacuracies...

Circassian Cavalry: Mess with the best die like the rest!