Thread: File first?

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default File first?

Well I experienced something weird today. It appears that some files are taken from the filesystem first even if they are in one of the pack files, I can definitely confirm that for export_triggers.lua

Please keep an eye open for this, it's a probable source of errors.
    Last edited by alpaca; March 18, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Default Re: File first?

Yes, way back when I noticed that the ui\portraits\(culturetype)\cards\(charactertype)\###.tga get loaded regardless of whether they're in packs or not, but the nearby ui\portraits\(culturetype)\info\(charactertype)\###.jpg will not get loaded.

It's also a matter of when the files were modified. After changing ui.pack, the tgas stopped working and would only work if I saved them again (thereby given them a more recent modified date).

It's odd.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Using the date/time of latest file modification makes sense, in a way. Isn't that how patch.pack's contents replace the ones from the other packs? Simply by being the newer files?
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Yeah I noticed that the timestamp counts for the export_triggers as well. And no it isn't like that for the packs, it seems to be more complicated (or I just screwed). It still needs to be tested but for me sometimes changes worked and sometimes they didn't when I added them to an additional pack file, and I wasn't screwing with patch.pack at the time so I didn't change its timestamp.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.