Thread: Technology and buildings bug, possibly fixed

Default Technology and buildings bug, possibly fixed

I made this thread cause I was having the bug where you can't build buildings with minor factions even after researching the required technology, and first I wrote it as a question to see if someone had fixed this problem, but after looking over some files I managed to fix it myself, although I'm not sure it's already been fixed. This is how I did it:

Make a backup of your main.pack file, as I haven't tested if it causes any problems with the campaign yet.

First, I opened Packfilemanager, then I opened main.pack and went to "factions_tables". After opening factions, I located "Portugal" which is the faction I played. After that I did two things, so I can't be sure what exactly fixed it. Anyway, I replaced the "non_expantionist" and "minor" tags with "playable", every single one of them. Then I enabled "Late Availability" and "Early Availability" for all non-emergent factions, after that I just saved, started the game, but none had changed, so I changed turn, and voila! I could build the buildings. I hope this works for you too.
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; March 18, 2009 at 02:59 PM.