Hi y'all,

There are alot of noobs (and others) that are stoked about modding this new game. If what CA tells us is true, their tools will allow much easier modding this time around. Until then, we have been tootin' along trying to figure out how the game runs to enable modding possibilities. Since I suck at modding in general, I have thought of a way to contribute using what I do know how to do; databases & table relationships!

So, in the spirit of helping one another I have created an Excel spreadsheet that lists many (soon to be all) of the DB tables in Main.pack (or patch.pack) and their relationships to each other (taken from Lt's Pack File Manager v.07). Trouble is Lt is updating the PFM faster than I can update this spreadsheet!

So, I have attached what I have to this post and now ask if I can get a helping hand from the community to keep it updated. Yes, I realize that after CA releases the tools for modding then this will no longer be needed but it should be a good buffer between now then.

Here are some things you need to know to understand the spreadsheet:

1. There are tabs for the different types of tables. Make sure to check each worksheet when searching for things

2. The Yellow highlights are unknown columns that I had no idea what it was by looking at the data in them. All other blanks still need filling but as I said, I fell behind and got too tired to input everything.

3. When adding a new unit to a table (as talked about HERE) you must make sure that the data you put in that table is also in the tables that relate to the table you are adding to (see columns "Field Source" & "Linked To" on the spreadsheet). Your game might be working now but if you don't fill in all the tables when the missing instance is met in the game, you'll get a crash.

If you'd like to help:

1. please dl my spreadsheet,
2. check my work and make corrections as needed (highlight your fixes)
2. add your updates, highlight them something besides yellow,
3. then attach them to your reply. I will update as I receive them.

If I don't get help, you'll all be at the mercy of my slow updating speed!