Thread: R-Texture Project

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default R-Texture Project

I have fiddled with allot of things. Being that I am one of the few people to use Spain online and I'm sure in the campaign, I am upset with their current uniforms.

I want everyone to please keep in mind one thing. This is not a texture mod for only Spain. This will be for every single faction that I can touch. So I will do them all, for the sake of everything looking spiffy, and to of course hinder to my OCD.

I will start with Spain, and work my way down.

Here we go!

Spain Linemen Updated!

British Redcoats Finished

French Linemen Finished

If anyone has any suggestions, resources, or information that could be usefull, by all means leave them in this thread. I will need all the help I can get.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, NO TEXTURES ARE FINISHED UNTILL LABLED FINISHED!
    Last edited by Remo; March 19, 2009 at 04:57 AM.

Default Re: R-Texture Project

Space saved for later

guerra's Avatar Biarchus

Big improvement on the Spanish.

+Rep

Thanks for your dedication on Spain, Remo, i will tray to help you as far as i can with your work.

I will start with the attached files where you have line infantry, Royal guard=Wallon Guard, and piquemen.

You have better pics on my blog: http://minisworks.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by Christ11118; March 18, 2009 at 11:59 AM.
    Si en el frente os encontráis a un soldado mal afeitado, sucio, con las botas rotas y el uniforme desabrochado,
    cuadráos ante él, es un héroe, es un español.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Christ11118 View Post
    Thanks for your dedication on Spain, Remo, i will tray to help you as far as i can with your work.

I will start with the attached files where you have line infantry, Royal guard=Wallon Guard, and piquemen.

You have better pics on my blog: http://minisworks.blogspot.com/
    Thanks so much for your help!

Remo that color overlay you mention that is mostly the blue area you have modified? I have done that too and also edited the normal map.

Currently I have two Prussian cuirassier regiments finished and plan to retexture the whole Prussian army

I hope we can have the cannons colored in their correct color too. I have already recolored one artillery piece.

Here is the newly Prussian Cuirassier Regiment No 2 Prinz Heinrich

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus72 View Post
    Remo that color overlay you mention that is mostly the blue area you have modified? I have done that too and also edited the normal map.

Currently I have two Prussian cuirassier regiments finished and plan to retexture the whole Prussian army

I hope we can have the cannons colored in their correct color too. I have already recolored one artillery piece.

Here is the newly Prussian Cuirassier Regiment No 2 Prinz Heinrich

Yea I have found a way around the gloss map. It no longer affects anything.

Nice work!

Thanks Remo your Spanish looks really good.

Hey man, nice textures! Great to see people getting in to retexturing properly -_-. You can see my quick and dirty retexture here if you're interested. Can I ask how you got around the gloss maps? I am interested to know how you did it, maybe it's a better way than I used, which was editing factions.db -_-. Makes the install a bit fiddly updating patch.pack.
    I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse. -Charles V

My Mods- PipMod, LeatherUI, Spain Retexture+flag swap
    My website

Quote Originally Posted by waronmars View Post
    Hey man, nice textures! Great to see people getting in to retexturing properly -_-. You can see my quick and dirty retexture here if you're interested. Can I ask how you got around the gloss maps? I am interested to know how you did it, maybe it's a better way than I used, which was editing factions.db -_-. Makes the install a bit fiddly updating patch.pack.
    Heres what you do.

Every texture diffuse.dds has a gloss_map.dds that goes along with it. Normally these are for every texture of the same file. However you can edit the file then assign it to a specific faction through renaming the file.

First you take the gloss_map.dds file and open it in Photoshop. We will be using the Euro Line file for this example.

You open euro_line_infantry_gloss_map.dds in adobe photoshop.

Click on the Channels tab. The bottom channel is called Alpha 1. DELETE this channel. Use the create a new channel button to create anew blank channel. This channel will automatically be named Alpha 1. Save and exit adobe.

Now with your new edited euro_line_infantry_gloss_map.dds, take it and rename it to euro_line_infantry_britain_gloss_map.dds, OR whatever faction you happen to be editing at the time.

Now you only need two files in your patch file. For britain it would be these two.

euro_line_infantry_britain_gloss_map.dds (The edited one you made, but renamed)
    euro_line_infantry_britain_diffuse.dds (The one you edited to add new textures to)

Thats all you need in your patch file. There is a basic gloss_map.dds file for every texture. Just edit it like we did the line one, save and reuse it for every faction.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps!

Edit: New textures added.
    Last edited by Remo; March 19, 2009 at 04:58 AM.

This thread is useless now. I'm actually releasing the patch files now so this is the new one. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...52#post4729352