Thread: Extending The Line (Infantry)

Default Extending The Line (Infantry)

I'm full of ideas but I dont know how to mod and im probably the furthest thing from a realist you may find but here is an idea of my:

In ETW Vannila, The common line infrantry (On Ultra Scale) has about 160 men, with the exception of the Austrians, who had 200 men. Some people beleived Russia should also get this boost, seeing as the Russian line seemed rather weak in comparison...

I was wondering if it was possible to make the number of men in the Line Infantry coorelate with the population of the country... the bigger the population of the Country (in terms of theatre) the bigger the Line.

Russia, Austria and Ottoman lines would be large in comparison with other European strengths... their population concentrated in the European Theatre. Britian, Prussia and Sweden would have smaller lines in comparison but this could be made up in stats, being tht the fewer men are easier to train. France, well perhaps they could have some sort of alternative line... the normal line being about average in numbers and strength, but their large line being max size (though, this would likely be late game stuff, representing conscription ect. ect.)

Meanwhile, in India, Britian could support larger lines, being made up of the Indian Population rather then British (Though, the small lines would remain)... the same being possible in America.

Furthermore, this change can be reflected in as the population of the country expands, the diffrent line sizes become available (it would be an awesome feature to have a little dragger to choose the ideal size per theatre ) It sounds realistic in my head...

Any thoughts? Interests? Ect?

Edit: Possible Correlations...

Population / Line Size /
    Small / 100 /
    Growing / 140 /
    Average / 160 /
    Vast / 180 /
    Divine / 200 /

and possibly some alternatives:
    Famine (-) / 80 /

or, if the players wants a challenger, they could bring the dragger to 80 and feild some extroadinary troops, without the having to have a country on the brink or starvation!
    Last edited by Behind The Mask; March 18, 2009 at 03:14 AM.
    NOTICE: In reference to my avatar, the blue and gold sickle and hammer represent a variation of 'red' communism, my variation with its blue, standing for nuetriality and peace, and gold, for prosperity through cooperation, is a system my own... I am not evil. Thank you.

Default Re: Extending The Line (Infantry)

hmm possibly also try to work out how to extend a unit on the battle map past the limit. When you have unit sizes of 400 the lines at their thinnest are still 4 or 5 ranks deep