Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does Austria have more

Default Why does Austria have more

People in their line infantry units?

And Jaegers : \

Default Re: Why does Austria have more

I realise this too, now a days more and more people are playing austria because of this including me.

Same reason why Sweden has more in their Dragoons...variety and faction uniqueness.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by YellowMelon View Post
    Same reason why Sweden has more in their Dragoons...variety and faction uniqueness.
    This!

For god sakes people, don't make the game anymore lame than it allready is by having them take away faction uniqueness.

Battleroar's Avatar Libertus

yeah it's pretty random. but i don't remember the Austrian line to have very good stats, well. In the battles where i was up against or playing as austria, it was very balanced even though of greater numbers.

Why doesn't Russia have this uniqueness instead of Austria?

There's no such thing as destiny. There are only different choices. Some choices are easy, some aren't. Those are the really important ones, the ones that define us as people.

why dont Dutch have higher morale in sea battles?

why does a bear in the woods?
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

Austria line has poor melee stats, is slower to reload, and is less accurate than other normal line units.

I love facing Austrian line units. Quite a few 2v2s last night i had Austria as my opponent, while my ally ended up with Prussia or Britain or someone.

Made me look a right studmuffin on the end of game stats after I annhilate the Austrian lines, and then get to help my ally with his guy as well.

Personally i think Austrian numbers are of FAR more use in early period rather than late, where in reality their infantry is generally outclassed.

But by all means, PLEASE keep playing them people.

The austrian line has worse stats than others and is more expensive.

Nice battle yesterday, Karhedron, played yesterday against you and duke of wellington together with RTKAbu, took forever with the art duel, the battle was very fun, I was austria, and your french line raped me(it outnumbered me too, but I had guards also) looking that battle, austrian line inf is not very good, their stats are bad, and don't start about morale.

Verstorbene's Avatar Civis

Most line infantry units vary in statistics. Austria is the only one that varies greatly, and not in a good way. Therefore, they packed the units full. ^.^

I believe British Line Infantry have the best statistics, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo
    This!

For god sakes people, don't make the game anymore lame than it allready is by having them take away faction uniqueness.
    Who said to remove it? Jumping the gun a bit, man.

Quote Originally Posted by [COJOT]Alpha-Lupus View Post
    The austrian line has worse stats than others and is more expensive.

Nice battle yesterday, Karhedron, played yesterday against you and duke of wellington together with RTKAbu, took forever with the art duel, the battle was very fun, I was austria, and your french line raped me(it outnumbered me too, but I had guards also) looking that battle, austrian line inf is not very good, their stats are bad, and don't start about morale.

Ahh, see those are my favourite battles. Played the way they're MEANT to be as far as i'm concerned. Artillery and light infantry duke it out until one army feels it has an advantage, and then moves in with the line troops.

Yeah, I've played Brits for ages, but i'm currently rather enjoying French line troops. For ages people have gone on about the brits being particularly good line infantry, but I'm finding I have FAR more troops left standing when i play France rather than Britain.

Perhaps to do with their ability in melee, as sooner or later line units end up fighting hand-to-hand in most battles.

I almost play only Austria and have to say its more than a advantage than a disadvantage that austrian infantery is so numberous, they can with their numbers easiliy take on prussian or english infantery, but they arent overpowerd because of lower moral and melee stats, etc.

As long as you don't melee, you have an advantage as far as I've seen.

For most powerful line infantry, it looks like on top are: English and Ottoman late line infantries, special are france and austria, where austria has low stats, but high numbers, and france has medium stats, but a very high attack rating. I didn't include prussian line, because it fully in all stats is worse than british, where ottoman has own potentials, like high morale.

Why do u think ottoman late line are so good...

Because they have the best morale (11) of any normal line inf, cost a little less than other lines, their defence is only 2 points less than british, 1 less than prussia, also a minor thing they are resistant to heat fatigue.
    I said the reason I didn't include prussia was because it in all ways had worse stats than british.

Nah, sorry but austrian are cheap cannon fooder, I have defeated them today badly.

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

Austria can be very powerful in combination with another unit, the extra men are very handy as extra cannonfodder.
    Go guess what the other unit is.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Vienna Fancy Boy brigade?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast