Thread: XVII century better than XVIII?

Icon3 XVII century better than XVIII?

XVIII was an epic time with decissive episodes to occidental history. But, in terms of most enjoyable play time i think XVII was better than XVIII. In the Empire period politics were bipolar between french or brittish alliances for the world dominance. But, in XVII still Austria, Spain like Russian or Ottomans were 1st order powers. Sweden was in their best time in all his history and we still have possibility to enjoy with North america colonization; dutch-portugueese wars; eighty years war final period and 30 years war; the rise of brandemburg (Prussian base); or the very enjoyable disputs between Poland, Denmark, Russia and Sweden. We can`t forget cossaks uprising; Palatinate conflict; Mantua`s sucession problem; Louis XIV ambitions; catalonian and portugueese rebelions in Spain... thinking in a game like total war in this time... it could be only the better in my life (hope my gilfriend don`t read this...).
    Empire is a great game but if it would start in 1640 what a great game we would play (for me) the most interesting period in european history.

Default Re: XVII century better than XVIII?

I agree with you, the game should've been XVII-XVIII imo. The colonial age to the imperial age (like britain)
    XVII was the new age and would be alot more interesting to play.
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Default Re: XVII century better than XVIII?

Especially since the Dutch humiliated the English navy twice and then invaded their country.