• Absolutely yes!!!

13 65.00%
  • I think it's a good idea...

5 25.00%
  • I think it's a bad idea...

1 5.00%
  • Absolutely no!!!

0 0%
  • Couldn't care less...it's all the same...

1 5.00%

Thread: Spartan provincial campaign in the Pyrrhic Wars map?

Default Spartan provincial campaign in the Pyrrhic Wars map?

I think the Pyrrhic Wars map is perfect for a Spartan provincial...but I don't want to do something people don't care of! So....what do you guys think? Is it worth to be included in the next release?

And...Sparta alone or in a League with...someone?

Default Re: Spartan provincial campaign in the Pyrrhic Wars map?

At current I now hold 100% of the vote yeahhhh!
    I think it's a good idea and I'd definitely play it, bringing Sparta back to power and dominating Greece and beyond, will be a challenge as well no doubt. Sparta isn't my favourite city state, not a Spartan fanboi (omg 300!!!!!) but still would play it
    Hmm who would you propose in the league with? Would Sparta get their own specific units or not, apart from SRG?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal20 View Post
    At current I now hold 100% of the vote yeahhhh!
    I think it's a good idea and I'd definitely play it, bringing Sparta back to power and dominating Greece and beyond, will be a challenge as well no doubt. Sparta isn't my favourite city state, not a Spartan fanboi (omg 300!!!!!) but still would play it
    Hmm who would you propose in the league with? Would Sparta get their own specific units or not, apart from SRG?
    Spartan Royal Guard and Spartiate Hoplites, obviously...

For the League I'd propose Athens, as they were allied ten years later in the Chremonidean War. We could cheat history a bit...

Any other option isn't very realistic...Messenians, Argives and Arcadians hated Sparta with all their heart...

what a question is that, Spartan?! I think you know the answer.

Hehehe...just wanted to know what people think about it!

Of course, if you just extend the spartan rooster a bit (Spartan Thorakitai and Spartan Hypaspists would be great, or some spartan cavalry instead of one of these)
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

AoR units cover this already, I think. At this point in history, Sparta was dependent on mercanaries.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

if you just extend the spartan rooster a bit
    Rooster? I'd rather have flying pigs, but I guess that's a good idea also.

The question would rather be: Will the Sparta provincial campaign be replaced with the Pyrrhic Wars campaign, where the Greek League has 1 settlement: Sparta (+perhaps Athens).
    I believe that was what Spartan 666 was trying to ask with this thread. If this idea is bad, then an independent campaign will be used instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Rooster? I'd rather have flying pigs, but I guess that's a good idea also.

The question would rather be: Will the Sparta provincial campaign be replaced with the Pyrrhic Wars campaign, where the Greek League has 1 settlement: Sparta (+perhaps Athens).
    I believe that was what Spartan 666 was trying to ask with this thread. If this idea is bad, then an independent campaign will be used instead.
    Ha ha RedFox you are merciless!

Yes, that's exactly what I meant to say. Instead of having a separate campaign, we could use a faction to represent the greeks and another to represent Sparta (and some greek cities given to slave)...

I think we should use the Independent Greek Cities (germans), since they are unplayable in the main campaign and they do introduce a few new units into the game, rather more classical and such.

ummm id rather like an athenian provincial campaign over a spartan one.

why not just full out recreate the peloponnesian wars with athens allied to the delian league and sparta allied to the peloponnesian league. i think we have syracuse on the map.

ofc, if this is too much work id rather you guys leave it out and release the next version a few weeks earlier and then go around to creating a scenario later on after the rosters have been updated a bit.

Athens was not a major player during this time period. I'm not going to bother with anything pre-Diadochi.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm for either adding it in with the available factions for the Pyrrhic Wars campaign, or making it its own campaign.

But as long as it plays on the excellent Pyrrhic Wars map, I'll be a happy little Sparta and DTW fanboy. (lol I can't believe I just admitted to being a fanboy for something...)
    Last edited by Spartan198; March 18, 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: dumb @$$ spelling error

Oh, that evil Spartan 666 . I would love to see Phyrric Wars campaign first: map is more than appropriate and Epirus is a faction in all rights.

Building a Spartan prov. campaign on Phyrric Wars map would be great. At the same time, you could add more depth to Sparta within Phyrric Wars campaign already.

@RedFox: I thought the same thing, germans are more appropriate...

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Equitum View Post
    Oh, that evil Spartan 666 . I would love to see Phyrric Wars campaign first: map is more than appropriate and Epirus is a faction in all rights.

Building a Spartan prov. campaign on Phyrric Wars map would be great. At the same time, you could add more depth to Sparta within Phyrric Wars campaign already.
    Sorry mate but I don't see your point (maybe because I just woke up!)...

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    Spartan, I forgot to quote this post by RedFox. This would make my comments clearer, I guess. So, if you meant to replace Pyrrhic Wars with Spartan prov. campaign in next release, then you're evil, and I would say - no. But, I agree Pyrrhic Wars map is certainly appropriate for a Spartan campaign (as Greek cities). I'd leave the details to you and other Sparta fans though. Whatever you decide, guys
    Last edited by Stilgar CG; March 18, 2009 at 04:12 AM.

Oh, now I understand...no, you misunderstood what I said...One can play both the Pyrrhic Wars and the Spartan provincial on the same map with the same files. Said otherwise, in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign Sparta is an independent faction, and I think to use the germans faction.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; March 24, 2009 at 12:40 PM.