Thread: Monarchy/Oligarchy/Democracy

Default Monarchy/Oligarchy/Democracy

1.) Is there any difference in the three regime formes - beside from public order/happiness?

2.) When my faction (f.e. Parsa) is a monarchy, does it make any sence to build oligarchic buildings when they are available in the province and i have an oligarchistic governor/family member?
    Normally I only build monarchistic buildings and convert the provinces to monarchy - but is this the right decision?

3.) Are there any other factions, aside from the greeks, who have an oligarchic regime?
    The playable ones are all monarchies but maybe Skythia or Baktria - as they seem to consist of different tribes were the nobles elect their king.

Default Re: Monarchy/Oligarchy/Democracy

@1: At the moment there isn't, but we're working on an expansion of the system which does make a difference between the types.

@2: You can choose as you like at the moment, but if you have one oligarchic city, it will get public order penalties because it's not the same as the state government. Guideline: If you have many family members of one government type, it's smartest to use their government type throughout your empire.

@3: At the start of the game only the greeks are oligarchic, with Athens having a tendency towards democracy and Kyrene tending to monarchy later on. In theory though, any faction that has an oligarchic family member can become entirely oligarchic, by making the oligarch the faction heir --> faction leader. It will take time, but it's possible
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

@1: At the moment there isn't, but we're working on an expansion of the system which does make a difference between the types.
    Good to hear that - sounds promising

@3: At the start of the game only the greeks are oligarchic, with Athens having a tendency towards democracy and Kyrene tending to monarchy later on. In theory though, any faction that has an oligarchic family member can become entirely oligarchic, by making the oligarch the faction heir --> faction leader. It will take time, but it's possible
    But with the unrest following this, it wouldn´t be a wise decision, I guess ...

Back to my question - would Skythia (as a tribe confederation) be also a candidate for an oligarchic regime?
    Last edited by Xerrop; March 23, 2009 at 03:39 AM.

Yes, it would be a sensible choice, we'll most likely do that in the next version.

Lead developer of:

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Hello

For the government systems, did you used the BI religion system?

Yes that's correct, it's fully working in RTW 1.5 too.

Lead developer of:

Why i cannot build monarchist buildings. It says that you need monarch gathering but i don't understand what it means.

You need to activate the background script, please check this description:

Gameplay Guide: 4tpy mod
    We have implemented the 4tpy mod into our campaign, to stretch the number of turns available to build your empire, which is now more or less comparable to vanilla RTW rather than half the turns. There are three summer seasons, representing spring, summer and autumn respectively, and the winter season. As in any other mod, 4tpy has to be activated when starting a campaign or loading a save game.
    On campaig start, the popup shown below will appear automatically. When clicking the Show-me-how button, the script is loaded.
    When loading a save game though, you will have to click on a settement owned by your faction, and then open the advisor and click the show-me-how button, as is shown in the screenshot.

Lead developer of: