Thread: Removing ships from nations

Default Removing ships from nations

First of all, Galleys? Light or not. Why are these in the game really? Point is, that some AI just recruit too many of them and maybe one Brig or Sloop.

So, I wish to pretty much remove them from the nations that has them. But is there any easy way to do this? Or do I have to find the files that control shipyards?

Default Re: Removing ships from nations

i'd say just crank the cost of them up to an unreasonable amount like 1 mil per and see how that works out.

I found out in the end last night, and removed all the Galleys from the game and added Sloops and Brigs to Barbary States instead. Now naval warfare with them is at least a tad more exciting

Y, A full stack of galleys is fairly nasty to deal with and it adds variety not just the same main shape of ships over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart View Post
    Y, A full stack of galleys is fairly nasty to deal with and it adds variety not just the same main shape of ships over and over again.
    You got to be kidding me? I guess you are yanking my chain, 'cause every time I attack a fleet that has a big stack of Galleys I always sigh as 5 minutes later they have all surrendered. There is no challenge. It's just, daft. They left out the Lugger, and they could have left out the Galley as well. For people new to this kind of game, perhaps they pose a challenge, somewhat.

For me, I prefer challenge to variety. Both if I can have them, but with Galleys that is not possible.
    Last edited by zowrath; March 18, 2009 at 06:11 AM.

i think what you are doing here is actually reducing challenge if you will give them sloops instead of galleys..

but its your game, do it the way you like

If you want to make your game more interesting, why not make the cost of first rates and rocket ships drop down to the value of galleys........ Total Naval War

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    i think what you are doing here is actually reducing challenge if you will give them sloops instead of galleys..

but its your game, do it the way you like

Actually no. Battles last longer because Sloops and Brigs have higher morale. You could argue that I could raise the morale for the Galleys, but they are made of paper anyhow. And even they have few but big guns, Sloops and Brigs do more damage to my fleet which is what I want.

I have played with this for a while now, and the Barbary states actually makes a more varied fleet with Sloops and Brigs included. Before they had mainly just Galleys, but now they have 5th Rates and whatnot and so make up up a better challenge imho.

To give them Sloops didn't result in them recruiting them en masse like they did with Galleys.