Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give us the ability to ban dammit!

Default Give us the ability to ban dammit!

Yes this is a direct message to CA (I know they read these forums) and not being able to ban people (cheaters, leavers, screamers etc) is one of the most stupid things ever with this multiplayer. How are we meant to defend ourselves when we cant even ban people?

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Give us the ability to ban dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Norpheus View Post
    Yes this is a direct message to CA (I know they read these forums) and not being able to ban people (cheaters, leavers, screamers etc) is one of the most stupid things ever with this multiplayer. How are we meant to defend ourselves when we cant even ban people?
    I think they should give us a button that can kick people in the nads IRL.

Agree 100%
    The ban and the mute buttons are the 2 most useful buttons on RTW
    Its even more needed here because of the ranking points system, where you can be forced to play cheaters/mortar spammers as you can't ban them/kick them from your games without loosing ranking points

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Even there is no open chat area and open playerslist who all is ETW online as in gamespy and I see black to get it in future, I will also agree here with it!

Of course I'm personally not missing the talking and all the wars between to goups or single players and their stupid insultings as in the lobby of GS, because its for me only boring and if I got insults it will go off on me like dirt on teflon.
    On the other hand is the chat lobby and playerslist and all the things of RTW / M2TW in gamesoy for any mp community very important. I'm also sure that these stuff is also part of the reason, why such an older game as RTW is still very alive (beside qualitiy of the game).

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

I think a more practical solution would be a way for us to flag players Steam accounts - not 'friend' them, not 'Enemy' them, but just flag their account with a simple rating system (perhaps color based red, yellow, green). The rating you give to a player is only visible to you.

So if you play with someone who cheats, or ignores host rules, or is just plain rude, you can pop over to your Steam, go to your list of players you've recently played and flag that account with a 'Red' label. That way, in future games, while in the lobby, you can just view those folks you are currently queued with and kick any 'red' named folks (or choose to just leave the match before it starts).

This of course would demand that Steam and not CW make this change ... something I dont think we'll see.

I don't think it's fair to ban leavers. A D/C, crash etc can't be helped and for them to then get banned would be terribly unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post
    I don't think it's fair to ban leavers. A D/C, crash etc can't be helped and for them to then get banned would be terribly unfair.
    Yes but ironically, people use to crash EXACTLY when I they are about to lose

Ban people? you mean like kick/ignore players right. Giving regular users the ability to ban other players doesn't seem like a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by lilming View Post
    Ban people? you mean like kick/ignore players right. Giving regular users the ability to ban other players doesn't seem like a smart move.
    You missed the point of the post , he meant that we should the ability like in Rome to forbid entrance to certain individuals into games we started. They get a little symbol next to their name that tells the server don't let them into games I made, but still allows them to join other games. Not you can't play anymore because I said so ...for we all know that would be horribly misused in seconds. We also had the ability to filter the chat from certain users, to aviod spam and people who are generally massive annoyances.

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."- Andrew Jackson

Maybe we could get a sticky started stating why we should kick certain people when we seem them join. Me and a few people i play with have names written down and the reasons why. Its a primitive system for the digital age buts its effective for us.

bessus's Avatar Civis

What I can't believe is that if someone leaves a ranked game theres no punishment at all! You would have thought that if you leave the match you should lose your ranking points as per normal. I think though that these things will be added soon.

The thing is that if you crash in a rank game you already lose your points, last night my hard earn points of 1 week drop by a 1000 because of a stupid crash.

I wish I can ban myself from games made by arrogant cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ríoga Ceannfort Lynch View Post
    Maybe we could get a sticky started stating why we should kick certain people when we seem them join. Me and a few people i play with have names written down and the reasons why. Its a primitive system for the digital age buts its effective for us.
    May work for you. But it's open to abuse if it's forum/community wide.

Say you utterly humiliated BigFrank with a massive victory over him in a match, as revenge he could get his mates to come here and say "Riga Ceannford Lynch is a cheater. Blah blah blah."

You'd then end up on the avoid list with a tarnished name.

It will happen. I've seen it with name and shame lists before in other games.
    Last edited by Vor; March 18, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

May work for you. But it's open to abuse if it's forum/community wide.

Say you utterly humiliated BigFrank with a massive victory over him in a match, as revenge he could get his mates to come here and say "Riga Ceannford Lynch is a cheater. Blah blah blah."

You'd then end up on the avoid list with a tarnished name.

It will happen. I've seen it with name and shame lists before in other games.
    Well you're an idiot if you take some strangers word that someone is a cheater, of course i won't add people on my "banlist" just cause someone said he cheats on this forum. I think this is desperatly needed as well, maybe something like banlist used on battlenet would be sufficient?

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

I totally agree that quitters are losers’ and that they are a plague.
    I had also some of them in my games and it was at least only a wasting of time.

Beside the fact, that the playerstat’s and the ranking thing with the stars and points earned is as it is in the moment finally totally worthless and only for own pleasure (where is an official open ranking list or where can u even see that stuff in a foreign profile?), it is fact that such quitters can earn victory’s with it in battle where they have lost or on the road of loosing it. This sucks really.

The main problem with it is, that there is no “admit the defeat” possibility in the game, beside the missing possibility to kick someone in the running game if needed. If someone sucks / lagged in GS in a game, he could and must be kicked by the host (what many times also not worked). Here in Stema he will be kicked by the program with no abilitiy to do so by the host.
    Maybe some of the dammed quitters are guys who quit the game because of it, maybe they are thinking it is worthless to play up to the end or for them a time wasting (so stupid this as reason is in the end).

But also we all must be aware of technical problems as reason for quitting a running game, even if loosing or winning. I had, for example before the 1. patch came sometimes a problem with a “crash to desktop” with the nice message “Windows has encountered a problem and must quit the program”. After the 1. patch came, the problem was only 1 time in a campaign battle.
    So this technical reason is maybe only 1% to 5% of the quitters given, but it could be, also a sucking banana connection or whatever.

The best solution is in my eyes to become it as it is in RTW, that the army of the quitters run after their leaving AI controlled. So the host gets his points etc. in a ranking game and everone is happy ....

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelus View Post

The best solution is in my eyes to become it as it is in RTW, that the army of the quitters run after their leaving AI controlled. So the host gets his points etc. in a ranking game and everone is happy ....
    I agree with you... or if not AI controlled, then make a allied player take control of his forces, etc so if he got open room the player will take control of them... idk how it would work in a total war game since of the 20 max unit per stack thing...

it is so damn frustraiting when a game ends because of one has lost his connection or game crashes..
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

Norrmannen's Avatar Laetus

Ignore or kick people are more fair cuz the D/C. Or a specific ban list for one self. Like as i ban "-some1noob" and the "-some1noob" can't join my (Only my game) games in further. But atleast max ban "time" like as 2 weeks and so.

It sounds great?

Quote Originally Posted by Norrmannen View Post
    Ignore or kick people are more fair cuz the D/C. Or a specific ban list for one self. Like as i ban "-some1noob" and the "-some1noob" can't join my (Only my game) games in further. But atleast max ban "time" like as 2 weeks and so.

It sounds great?
    Why would there be such a stupid limit?
    In every other game you can ban as many as you want from your games, I dont see why I should have a "limit" to my bans.

Its completely up to myself who I allow to be in my games and not.

Norrmannen's Avatar Laetus

Why would there be such a stupid limit?
    Cuz everybody is growing up during practicing and game expierience.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrmannen View Post
    Cuz everybody is growing up during practicing and game expierience.
    So you mean that I am only allowed to ban 2 cheaters/leavers/screamers per day becuase "they are growing up".

Sorry But I really dont like this Idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast