Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 VANDALORVM II DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK

Default Re: INVASIO BARBRORUM 2 RELEASED BETA DISCUSSION

The main problem I have with battles is that units seem to stand far back from the fighting and slowly move towards the enemy. It doesn't seem to happen in BC so it seems fixable.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Ι am ammased about the strat_map models of the cities,the ships and some unique building cards!
    What i would like to see is some new unit cards M2TW style!
    The varity of Roman unit is also ammasing!
    Congratulations to all of the IBII team!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

MMM I see the Auxilia Illyricani,in this game is a poor infantry unit,and his main weapons is missile.Now,I know that the Roman Empire bring his best soldiers from Balkans,the Illyricum,and I ask:maybe this troops should be stronger and like Auxilia palatinae or Auxilia Cohors?

Phunkracy's Avatar Senator

I dunno why, but the campaign map runs terribly slow (1-5fps), and loading battles takes good few minutes. I've got pretty decent computer, I had no such problems with other mods (SS runs very smoothly, with XVII century mod I even managed to run a battle with 12000 troops with average of 25fps). Also, I've noticed a bug: when you upgrade manubalistae's armour, they loose their crossows and get shields and javelins instead... Also, their purpose is to damage enemy walls (if I understood well), yet they cannot attack walls.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

First of all, congratulations guys! Thats how a late anitquity mod has to look like. The units are looking amazing(rome: clone war is over), and like i know you, you will improve them with time even more. Details like mud on the shields and palatine units' faces looking more germanic or auxilia infantry wearing simple cloths or at some point a lorica hamata, make the mod a great experience.
    The romans( i only played them yet ) are now not that killing machines they used to be in ib(which makes the battles more of a challenge). Some auxillia cohors can not just kick goth veterans' asses, at least not that easy.
    Actually i didn't think you could improve the cav. I now know i was wrong.
    Hell yeah, they don't spread around the map like freakin maniacs like in other mods.
    I can't even imagine how the mod will look like when u release it with a big europe map and the other factions, but what is already there on the strat map makes me smile.
    My question is, do u plan to include a voice mod or sth like it? I'm only asking because i play the german version of medieval 2 and the voice there are disgusting. Whats also on my mind is, whether u will restrict the recruitment of heavy units like comis and palatine ones, or heavy cav for some cities and whether you plan to give roman units from different regions of the empire different appearance?

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    The main problem I have with battles is that units seem to stand far back from the fighting and slowly move towards the enemy. It doesn't seem to happen in BC so it seems fixable.
    that seems to be a common thing in mtw2 though I herd some moders have fixed it the common thought is it is hard coded.

I hate it in all campaigns of mtw2 becuse my troops seem to slowly back away from the fighting.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

i have fight a couple off battles and it was something else then the medieval battles almost all infantry are in skirmish mode when i start the battle i just put mine infantry on one line and put skirmish off and put fire at will on then the enemy comes too me but they can not attack me because they are in skirmish mod and always run away from me and then come back this all the battle the same till they are exhausted and mostly they run away fleeeing and the battle is over .

Daeger's Avatar Semisalis

Just downloaded the mod.

Im so excited to play this! The First mod with the romans for m2tw. Simply awesome.

Are you guys going to release patches for the Beta 'till it's full version or will you release the newer versions as a whole?

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

The Western Empire seems a bit overpowered. With a bit of micromanaging I had the Roman economy rolling - and therefore the Roman military machine. I haven't gotten to far into the campaign yet, so I'll know more soon. Also, the Barbarian factions could use more units - the impressive Roman unit selection was why I tried that faction first. I thought I was playing Rome TW because of the map and the city/unit card styles. That was a cool feeling.

Good Job guys!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Daeger View Post
    Just downloaded the mod.

Im so excited to play this! The First mod with the romans for m2tw. Simply awesome.

Are you guys going to release patches for the Beta 'till it's full version or will you release the newer versions as a whole?
    I am working on new additions to the mod and I know other members are also working on it. Ramon is the team leader and it will be his decision if there will be patches or a new beta release.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    I want to add to what Rio is saying about the config files in your main IB2 folder. Someone PMed me about the green arrow markers you see when a unit is chosen. Right now they are disabled but it is very easy to have them display. In your main IB2folder look for the file IB2.cfg. Open this file with a text editor. Look for the line that says -- disable_arrow_markers = true

change this line to disable_arrow_markers = false

this will give you back the green arrow markers when you select a unit

Please pardon my tech ignorance, but-
    How does one find/download a text editor program that allows one to even OPEN IB2.cfg ?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Scott View Post
    Please pardon my tech ignorance, but-
    How does one find/download a text editor program that allows one to even OPEN IB2.cfg ?

notepad that comes with windows works fine. That is what I use.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Great work so far, guys

I'll dl it for sure if you have provided the settlement-conversion, i guess that's also the plan for the future build?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

My initial impressions of the beta:

The un-uniformed look should almost certainly be kept for lower tiers of units, but as they get progressively higher less and less unit variety should be allowed. For example, your average comitatenses or psuedo-comitatenses should *all* be armored, with a few maybe making do with bare heads or caps while a Palatine unit would be completely crisp as far as equipment payload goes. Sure, there can be different varieties of helmets, but I really don't want to see a guy in the Palatine Guard who looks like they just pulled him off the farm, you know?

Whenever I looked at my legionaries it just bothered me seeing one or two guys completely lacking armor - I feel like yelling at them and demoting them to auxilia. I think that's the general consensus, though so hopefully those changes will be forthcoming.

Secondly, alot of depth is lost in the game now that the BI named legion system is presumably axed. Every effort should be made to, where possible, add variety to the types of legionaries. Possibly even to the level of Roma Surrectum, if there are models and unit slots to spare.

All of that said congrats on another job well done, and I am truly looking forward to the release of this great mod. My interest in the late Roman-period was basically nil until I played this mod, and now its probably one of my favorite in history. That my friends, is a big compliment to your work.

i used to have about 120 infantry, 60 cavalry, and 150 spearmen in each unit, but because of downloading this, i now am back to vanilla numbers.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kingman1337 View Post

i used to have about 120 infantry, 60 cavalry, and 150 spearmen in each unit, but because of downloading this, i now am back to vanilla numbers.

With the patch, on average you should get approx 180 inf, 90 cav and 225 spear with huge settings.

I have just downloaded the beta version but for some reason the shortcut doesn't seem to work, what would i have to rename the path to, or is there an issue with it? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmc View Post
    I have just downloaded the beta version but for some reason the shortcut doesn't seem to work, what would i have to rename the path to, or is there an issue with it? Thanks

Hi andrewmc,

Short cut start up:

Target:
    "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2\IB2.bat"

Start In:
    "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2"

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

The more I play- the more I love this mod!!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Seleukos Megas's Avatar Foederatus

Congratulations to all developers, impressive work - my favored timeframe is now on Kingdoms TW engine, impressive battles, excellent textures of late roman army and barbarians. Keep up the good work!