Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Yes yes! Forgot to say.
    Please test these two files benczeb. I'm hoping it balances the Vandals

descr_strat file:
    IB2\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

export_descr_buildings file
    IB2\data
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: IB2 VANDALORVM II DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK

it worked what did you do? can you tell me briefly?

Icon1 Re: IB2 VANDALORVM II DISCUSSION/FEEDBACK

it worked what did you do? can you tell me briefly?
    Yes I added Vandal Warrior hold or palaces and cattle farming in their settlements thus increasing law (in the strat file). I revised the negative aspects of the governors palace . Reduced negative happiness and increased law but kept depopulation by way of the wall system and increased law through the governors Palaces in the EDB. Just a more or better historical approach

Thanks.
    Um, i added the free upkeep in forts tweak to the descr_strat, but the free upkeep in the cities only work for Heriban, the only kind of troops that can be recruited from the original Roman type barracks in almost all the Vandal occupied cities. So in forts anything can get free upkeep but in cities only the Heriban (a.k.a. Levy Infantry i guess).

I updated the Downloads thread adjusting the patch with the new additions. I can continue tweaking the patch without adding a new link in the future

I just downloaded the mod and loved immediately, the units are beautifully made (i like the dirt effect on some of them) and the map is quite detailed. However im having fps problems. Current configuration is set to ultra with huge unit size. My specs : Nvidia 770 gtx 4gb
    Intel 4770k 4.4 ghz
    16 Gb Ram
    Windows 8.1 64 bits

I should not have a problem in this regard given that I also Play Stainless Steel (with SSHP sub mod) and everything runs fine. I suspect it has something to do with the permanent arrows effect but i dont know how to disable it. Could anyone help?.Thanks.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past, but I got to point this out. I'm sure you're aware of it or perhaps it was an oversight.

The Berber Mauri faction has access to units labelled as "Arabian" such as "Arab Spearmen" and "Arab Chieftain."

According to my knowledge, no Arabian folk were present in North Africa until after the advent and spread of Islam.
    The Berbers were not Arabized until the 1100's.

Beyond the words used, however, it seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past, but I got to point this out. I'm sure you're aware of it or perhaps it was an oversight.

The Berber Mauri faction has access to units labelled as "Arabian" such as "Arab Spearmen" and "Arab Chieftain."

According to my knowledge, no Arabian folk were present in North Africa until after the advent and spread of Islam.
    The Berbers were not Arabized until the 1100's.

Beyond the words used, however, it seems fine.
    Good observation I will change it ASP

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

I knew about that, but never taught of changing it mainly because the Mauri faction have to many Romanized units and few provincial units. In reality the Mauri Berber kingdom of North Africa build their Empire of what the Romans left, but a few nomadic units may have been included like the Tuareg and the Musalami tribes.

Cheers

Yeah blah blah, like nobody could throw a spear or hold a sword if it wasn't for the Romans lol ...

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah blah blah, like nobody could throw a spear or hold a sword if it wasn't for the Romans lol ...
    Yes, it was like that. The Romans had the weapons to fight the war, but not the money to pay for those willing to use them. The North African Mauri, where Romanized, but not fully conquered by the Romans. When the Vandals swept North Africa, Roman power was gone. The Berber Warlords armed their men with Roman weapons and equipment and fought the Vandals until Belisarius arrived, a 100 years later.

Cheers

All I was saying is that you could and probably should change the units labelled as "Arab" to things like "Tuareg" and so on.

Okay, no worries, i understand. I only wanted to express my doubts about these things.
    There are always more men capable of fight than the number of the soldiers of the local legion(s). Plus when the Vandals came, the Romans were defeated. The Vandals didn't hand the defeated legion's equipment over the Mauri warlords. The fleeing colonials and the remainder of the defeated local Roman army could not continue to be the backbone of the Mauri army.

I believe the Romanized Berber troops are exactly that - Romanized Berbers.
    They probably existed regardless of what happened to the supposed "legions" of Africa.

As you've said "Yeah blah blah, like nobody could throw a spear or hold a sword if it wasn't for the Romans lol ...",
    I will say: The Mauri could have easily made this Romanized equipment themselves.

All that is required for this faction to be believable is for the Romans to have been present for some centuries in Morocco - and they were, strongly.
    It is undeniable that even if a culture may have had an art of war they considered superior to Rome's, all cultures touched by it were affected by it.

Epistemology of History I will name the thread and move this discussion

Topic moved to this thread. Please link click below
    Epistemology of History Discussion
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 05, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

So in my recent Roman campaign the Ostrogoths have appeared and they bring 20 stacks with them. Anyone knows how to handle this invasion? i was able to halt the Huns at the cost of losing pannonia and Dalmatia, but that kind of invasion seems hard to destroy. As of now the i have 4 full field armies in Illyria led by magister militum Flavius Aetius, they are mostly 10 heavy infantry (6 Auxilia Palatina or 3 Domesticorum pedites and 3 Auxilia Palatine Seniores for Aetius`s personal Army, 2 Legio Palatinae, 2 legio comitatenses, 2 bucellari or 2 light calvalry, 4 sagittari graves,, and 4 heavy cavalry (equites promoti with sarmatian cataphract or bucellarius heavy calvalry). I managed to Expel the visigoths from Gaul and the Iberian western coast , and forced the Burgundi into horde mode after taking all of their settlements. In Africa i managed to hold Carthage and push the vandals towards central North Africa while the Mauri take their Eastern Settlements. The Alemanni are my allies and recently started to fight the visigoths in their remaining settlements in Hispania. However i cant afford to transfer troops to Illyria to fight the ostrogoths and seems quite impossible to defeat those stacks mostly composed of heavy infantry, elite Archers and Heavy calvalry without losing Illyria and even Aquilea.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    So in my recent Roman campaign the Ostrogoths have appeared and they bring 20 stacks with them. Anyone knows how to handle this invasion? i was able to halt the Huns at the cost of losing pannonia and Dalmatia, but that kind of invasion seems hard to destroy. As of now the i have 4 full field armies in Illyria led by magister militum Flavius Aetius, they are mostly 10 heavy infantry (6 Auxilia Palatina or 3 Domesticorum pedites and 3 Auxilia Palatine Seniores for Aetius`s personal Army, 2 Legio Palatinae, 2 legio comitatenses, 2 bucellari or 2 light calvalry, 4 sagittari graves,, and 4 heavy cavalry (equites promoti with sarmatian cataphract or bucellarius heavy calvalry). I managed to Expel the visigoths from Gaul and the Iberian western coast , and forced the Burgundi into horde mode after taking all of their settlements. In Africa i managed to hold Carthage and push the vandals towards central North Africa while the Mauri take their Eastern Settlements. The Alemanni are my allies and recently started to fight the visigoths in their remaining settlements in Hispania. However i cant afford to transfer troops to Illyria to fight the ostrogoths and seems quite impossible to defeat those stacks mostly composed of heavy infantry, elite Archers and Heavy calvalry without losing Illyria and even Aquilea.
    The invasion represents the Ostrogoth invasion after the Hunnic yoke was overthrown. Hopefully some good advice will come your way and..Good luck...

i say quantity vs quality in this case. you don't stand a chance, need to start from scratch.
    disband all the 500+ upkeep units and build your own army. if your economy gets stronger, you can always recruit expensive units, like 2 for each stack. I prefer auxilia indigenae germani because they throw a LOT of javelins, they are good last stand units to fill in gaps.
    in CB (not Vandalorum) i recruit Mercenary Inf. as cannon fodder, Romano Limitanei as the backbone and second line, Sagittarii indigenae germani as archers (levy archers are the main garrison units, but i put 1 or 2 of them in my stacks, they are good emergency cannon fodder, when i want to defend my sagittarii indigenae germani archers from f.e. a flanking enemy cavalry), equites sagittari and equites light auxilia as cavalry. this way i'm able to have lots of stacks to stop the enemy advance and able to keep up a fair production rate. i set my minimum money to 10000, and spend more only when there's emergency.
    recruitment cost is meaningless. remember, always check upkeep costs.
    Last edited by benczeb90; January 09, 2015 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks Benczeb, but the ostrogoth armies that appear are truly elite forces. They normally have 4 heavy ostrogothic spearmen, 4 Vetaran infantry, 4 elite archers, and 8 heavy calvalry including at least 3 saijones, 1 warlord, and 4 Heavy Cnihte. With that i would have to keep retraining cheap forces thus emptying their slots. As of now with my elite forces i may be able to destroy 12 armies, but afer that it would take 6-8 turns to recover which would give the remaining 8 armies enough time to conquer Illyria and to enter into Italy, which would mean a trobling situation for my capital in Ravenna.
    Last edited by juanplay; January 09, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Lots of cheaper archers (20/8) will kill half of them and the rest will be killed by your cheap infantry.