Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    you have to declare war on your host nation to break the protectorate status. after this everything should work. usually you can make peace the next turn.
    that didn't work. I still got frozen at Frances turn while i play their colony protectorate 14 turns in.

Foederatus

I, too, am having it freeze on GB's turn when playing as the 13 Colonies. I have the new .lua and .esf files and I've broken protectorate It was freezing on summer->winter 1707 turn so I reverted to the original files, started the game and got the vanilla faction selections, then reinstalled the GC files. Now it freezes on spring->winter '04. I dont know if this happens to other people, but after the first time it hung on GB I've been able to access the esc menu and load a game or quit or whatever every time it does that.

Ok this isnt working for me. I have Vista. I DL'd 7zip and i tried to extract. I couldnt find any file called "Data". It said it was just extracting it into C:\Users\Dillon\Downloads\grand_campaign\

What am i doing wrong

EDIT: Nevermind! I figured it out =p
    Last edited by luv_is_real6644; March 22, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Hi can anyone put this file somewhere else. i cant download this file from rapidshare

Quote Originally Posted by Only None View Post
    I, too, am having it freeze on GB's turn when playing as the 13 Colonies. I have the new .lua and .esf files and I've broken protectorate It was freezing on summer->winter 1707 turn so I reverted to the original files, started the game and got the vanilla faction selections, then reinstalled the GC files. Now it freezes on spring->winter '04. I dont know if this happens to other people, but after the first time it hung on GB I've been able to access the esc menu and load a game or quit or whatever every time it does that.
    its a hit or miss thing it seems. They are trying to fix it and it will take time. I am sure we will see a nice stable mod out of this group soon enough.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    its a hit or miss thing it seems. They are trying to fix it and it will take time. I am sure we will see a nice stable mod out of this group soon enough.
    thats pretty much it when it comes to Louisina, New Spain and the 13 colonies. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

I got the Freeze of death while playing Louisiana in 1707 on France's turn... too bad... I really wanted to play them! I declared war twice before then, so the protectorate status was definitely broken.

Thanks for the effort...

Cant wait till they fix that.

Heartfire's Avatar Ordinarius

Can anyone confirm that they were actually AT WAR with their home faction when the freeze up occured? I am just spitballing here but maybe the game somehow thinks that if, for example, Louisiana is at peace with France it MUST be a protectorate, whether or not it shows up as being so.

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Heartfire View Post
    Can anyone confirm that they were actually AT WAR with their home faction when the freeze up occured? I am just spitballing here but maybe the game somehow thinks that if, for example, Louisiana is at peace with France it MUST be a protectorate, whether or not it shows up as being so.
    The scripting doesn't discriminate based on diplomatic relations of the colonial faction and its European overlord when it comes to scripted assimilation.

I've uploaded a temporary and messy stop-gap measure to Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/212543558/scripting.lua

Replace your current campaigns/main/scripting.lua file with this one. The upside is that it will prevent the freezes caused by colonial handovers to European "owner" nations in the cases of New Spain, Louisiana, and the Thirteen Colonies when you are playing one of those factions. The downside is that it will also prevent colonial handovers when you aren't playing those factions. With this file, France will never assimilate Louisiana, Spain will not assimilate New Spain, and Britain will not assimilate the Thirteen Colonies, not matter what faction you're playing as. Obviously, if it annoys you that they assimilate their colonies to begin with, this won't be a problem for you.

Hope that works for people who are getting the freeze problem. It should be save-game compatible, but if it's not, at least the problem is early enough in the campaign that starting over won't kill you.

Cheers.

Edit: I've also spoken with someone from CA about the "Human Switch" that I was hoping to use to change the Thirteen Colonies to the United States. Unfortunately, "it's not possible currently to change the human faction through a script command", although this may be something that gets added down the road. For the time being, though, I'm afraid we're out of luck on that front.
    Last edited by Landwalker; March 23, 2009 at 08:15 AM.

is it not possible to separate the two campaigns? i dont want the mod replacing the early campaign

Thanks for the update Landwalker I don't mind at all that the America's colonies cant be assimilated

Does this mod allow these factions to be played in multiplayer?

Thanks ahead of time for answer.

Cheers

Carrack's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    Hi can anyone put this file somewhere else. i cant download this file from rapidshare
    Yeah, a re-upload somewhere else would be nice, rapidshare link seems to just take forever and then do nothing..

has anyone solved the problem with FOW sofar?? cant play as pirates, its pretty annoying.... can someone help? or maybe its been discussed befor?

great mod

currently i have modded my game so it removes the FoW completely. that helps but it is alil bit cheating.

the FoW issue has been covered many times in this thread. Press L and get the lists. Select an army and move it. No more problem with FoW.

Groove74's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Ok I skimmed over this large thread. I have one simple question. As I think I missed the answer in the thread or it has not been asked.

If I use this one or the the other Mod to unlock all factions. Will the unlocked factions be as complete as the original, as in to say have all there unite types and be able to go through Government change and Revalution?
    Monitor 23 in Widescreen HD Gateway 1680X1050
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    CPU AMD Phenom quad core 920 2.8 Ghz
    Graphics Radeon HD 5770 HD 1Gig..Ram HD
    Ram 4gig DDR2 1066 OCZ Fatality
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

no. most of the minor factions dont have the necessary buildings required to research alot of tech. Especially military wise. It makes it alot more challenging but can be annoying as i am in my 10th turn in my Dagestan campaign and i cant research anything besides some agriculture and government. Bavaria is the only minor faction i have played that gave me almost the full tech tree options.

Groove74's Avatar Miles

I see well ok then guess I will wait till a faction mod is released that has all the factions working correctly. thanks
    Monitor 23 in Widescreen HD Gateway 1680X1050
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    CPU AMD Phenom quad core 920 2.8 Ghz
    Graphics Radeon HD 5770 HD 1Gig..Ram HD
    Ram 4gig DDR2 1066 OCZ Fatality
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM