Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dork View Post
    I can't find the /campaigns/ directory. Anyone know where it is? I'm such a noob
    \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Sorry

Is it only me or playing Lousiana I cannot have any other building than the governors palace? I cannot build the cannon foundry, and therefore the whole weaponry tree is disabled.

Landwalker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ignasigh View Post
    Sorry

Is it only me or playing Lousiana I cannot have any other building than the governors palace? I cannot build the cannon foundry, and therefore the whole weaponry tree is disabled.
    That isn't you, nor is it a bug. Louisiana doesn't have access to any "four-slot" or "five-slot" cities (like Philadelphia, Boston, or Quebec), which are the only places you can build a barracks or artillery depot, etc.

In order to get access to these buildings and the tech branches, you'll need to capture such a city. There's one in Mexico (Mexico City), one in South America (I don't remember the name of this one), Philadelphia, Boston, and Quebec. Those are the only ones in the American theatre, so unless you plan on heading over to India or Europe and grabbing something there, it'll have to be one of those five cities.

Of course, capturing a large city with no military technology might not be a very appealing prospect. You can try stealing technology (there will usually be a college or two around the New France / New England area) if you're up to it. Aside from that, your best bet might be going after Mexico City before Spain assimilates New Spain (unless you're using the scripting.lua that disables all of that), so that you'll at least be beating up on somebody who starts out equally disadvantaged technologically.

Cheers.

ignasigh's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Landwalker View Post
    That isn't you, nor is it a bug. Louisiana doesn't have access to any "four-slot" or "five-slot" cities (like Philadelphia, Boston, or Quebec), which are the only places you can build a barracks or artillery depot, etc.

In order to get access to these buildings and the tech branches, you'll need to capture such a city. There's one in Mexico (Mexico City), one in South America (I don't remember the name of this one), Philadelphia, Boston, and Quebec. Those are the only ones in the American theatre, so unless you plan on heading over to India or Europe and grabbing something there, it'll have to be one of those five cities.

Of course, capturing a large city with no military technology might not be a very appealing prospect. You can try stealing technology (there will usually be a college or two around the New France / New England area) if you're up to it. Aside from that, your best bet might be going after Mexico City before Spain assimilates New Spain (unless you're using the scripting.lua that disables all of that), so that you'll at least be beating up on somebody who starts out equally disadvantaged technologically.

Cheers.
    Cannot be better explained

Does this campaign use 4 turns per year?

Quote Originally Posted by django333 View Post
    Playing as Georgia, my gentlemen can't duel. Probably a known issue but I just started using this mod. If it is known, is there a fix?
    Who are you trying to duel? Keep in mind that Eastern Scholars will not duel, so challenging one to a duel with your Gentleman is not going to work. Try it against a Western power, and see if that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike99mm View Post
    Does this campaign use 4 turns per year?
    I am sure that is in a coming update if enough people ask. speaking of how is the next update coming? I know it will be done when its done but i am just curious how its going.

I'm still getting that "Stuck on Britain" bug when playing 13 Colonies. I put the scripting file into the campaigns folder, which im not sure if thats even where it goes, i didnt find a very good explanation for that in this thread. Then i tried setting those values from 6, 15 to 999, 1000

f conditions.FactionName("britain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("britain", context) and not conditions.FactionIsHuman("thirteen_colonies", context) then
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 999, 1000, context)

But still no dice, it still freezes on Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by luv_is_real6644 View Post
    I'm still getting that "Stuck on Britain" bug when playing 13 Colonies. I put the scripting file into the campaigns folder, which im not sure if thats even where it goes
    That's not where it goes, which would explain why it hasn't been working. It should go in the campaigns/main folder (you'll know it's the right place because there will already be a scripting.lua file there for you to replace).

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Landwalker View Post
    That's not where it goes, which would explain why it hasn't been working. It should go in the campaigns/main folder (you'll know it's the right place because there will already be a scripting.lua file there for you to replace).

Cheers.
    thank you

Would be nice in the future, if all towns were able to become large city's, it seems silly that they can't, like Ireland, has like 3.1 million people, but is still considered a small town, thats retarded.

though awesome work, I'm really looking forward to the American campaign, to be just as viable and unique as the rest of the main campaigns, they already have a descent set of units and what not, but def need some cosmetic work as far as the campaign.

Anyways just wanted to say ty for the great work, really appreciate the mod.

Groove74's Avatar Miles

after reading a few pages. I have but a simple question.I am interested in unlocking all factions but I am wondering are the modders getting close to working out how to get the unlocked factions to work fully as the default ones do. I want more then anything to play as the US from 1700 and on and have the full working faction. Anyone know of a way this is possable as of now or is it a matter of waiting for someone to figure out the code?

I as because I am cluless when it comes to programming I am simply a fan of good mod work?

Thanks all and sorry if this has been asked
    Monitor 23 in Widescreen HD Gateway 1680X1050
    OS Windows 7 64 bit.
    CPU AMD Phenom quad core 920 2.8 Ghz
    Graphics Radeon HD 5770 HD 1Gig..Ram HD
    Ram 4gig DDR2 1066 OCZ Fatality
    HDD 500Gig WD 7200RPM
    Mainboard Asus M3N78-VM

I have a question: I installed this mod and started playing as the Barbary States.
    Quite quickly I conquered Morocco and was able to recruit units there.
    A bit after that I conquered Naples(south Italy), but wasn't able to recruit units there, I could retrain units to full strength but not recruit new ones. I also got the Rome region from Italian States but the same problem there.
    Am I missing something to be able to recruit units there or is it a problem because it wasn't ment to be a playable faction?

Here are some screenies were you can see I miss the recruitment tab:

Naples:

Rome:
    Last edited by Damius; March 30, 2009 at 09:26 AM. Reason: added screenies

Quote Originally Posted by Groove74 View Post
    after reading a few pages. I have but a simple question.I am interested in unlocking all factions but I am wondering are the modders getting close to working out how to get the unlocked factions to work fully as the default ones do. I want more then anything to play as the US from 1700 and on and have the full working faction. Anyone know of a way this is possable as of now or is it a matter of waiting for someone to figure out the code?

I as because I am cluless when it comes to programming I am simply a fan of good mod work?

Thanks all and sorry if this has been asked
    play as the 13 colonies and there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    play as the 13 colonies and there ya go.
    Unfortunately the 13 Colonies have the British unit roster, not the American one (or their own), so playing as them as a sort of substitution for the United States is pretty unfulfilling.

Cheers.

Legionario's Avatar Semisalis

I have a question: I installed this mod and started playing as the Barbary States.
    Quite quickly I conquered Morocco and was able to recruit units there.
    A bit after that I conquered Naples(south Italy), but wasn't able to recruit units there, I could retrain units to full strength but not recruit new ones. I also got the Rome region from Italian States but the same problem there.
    Barbary States have only a limited unit roster,as the Pirates,and perhaps someone else of the minor countries.
    E fra chi lo ascoltò,alcuni erano buoni
    molti erano malvagi,
    e molti non erano niente,
    come tutti gli uomini...in qualsiasi luogo....

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if it has I haven't seen it. Is the point of this mod to partially "balance" the factions (minor and emergent) that you unlock? For instance, the Mughals have no soldiers which can equip bayonets (no professional soldiers). Would you be giving them some? Also, minor nations tend to have inferior swordsmen. Would that also be corrected?
    Last edited by Quirl; April 01, 2009 at 03:12 PM.

[Bug]
    When Defeating a nation on the Campaign Map the normal announcement that the nation has been defeated do not occur unlike Vanila

Quote Originally Posted by Legionario View Post
    Barbary States have only a limited unit roster,as the Pirates,and perhaps someone else of the minor countries.
    But doesn't capturing another country open up the units that are available to be recruited there? I can recruit Pandours as Prussia because I captured Galicia (in Galicia)...have recently tried this mod and am playing as the Knights of St. John, but I won't continue if I'm forever limited to militia and line infantry.

Both links seems not working?
    And also will this mod conflict with other mods like Darthmod?

Cheers

edit* -
    Sorry they are working now. Must be something wrong on my end.
    BTW whats the difference between this mod and All Campaign Factions Unlocked (Including Emergent)?
    Last edited by angusian; April 02, 2009 at 11:58 AM.