Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

DeadlyBlowfish's Avatar Tiro

Icon4 --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

Dear All,

I've been scouting around the mod releases areas and the discussion forums and have failed to find a streamlined version of the Grand Campaign, including only working factions (i.e. no emergents, causing crashes to desk top). After a few requests I decided that I'd upload the files I used, thus I've decided to release one.

What is it?: A modification for Empire Total War, using the files from the original Grand Campaign and some intelligent Hex Editing

Features:

• Expanded playability- Take part in the grand campaign as factions such as Portugal, the Pirates and the Barbary States!
    • The same quality gameplay you'd expect from major factions.
    • And More....

Installation Instructions:

1. Backup your current /campaigns/ directory.

2. Extract the rar or zip file into the /data/ directory and merge it with the current campaigns folder.

3. Play, enjoy.

Known Issues: The FOW bug (in which buildings that faction owns at the start seem to lack a line of sight) for various factions seems to plague the situation at the moment. --- Solution: Move your military units on the first turn and use your list scrolls to navigate in the FOW. It should go away after a while if you just play normally. Similarly, if the game is saved and loaded, the problem usually goes away.

Acknowlegements: Everyone here at the ETW modding forums at TW center, particularly those who eventually delved into the esf files. Especially: Scanian, who first uncovered the correct fields to edit.

File Mirrors:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/20996068...d_campaign.rar [No Wait time] [Rar]
    http://rapidshare.com/files/20996302...d_campaign.zip [No Wait time] [Zip]

Regards,

DB
    Last edited by DeadlyBlowfish; March 17, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

Default Re: --- The Great Campaign Expanded--- Faction Inclusion Mod

[Unique feature] [Beta] ADDITION:

This mod, as standard, has trouble with American Protectorates (their standard coding in scripting.lua forbids their handover. Removing this code will alter the game as it should be played for the worse. Fortunately, I've managed to code an alternative: the American Protectorates Fix, which Enables the playability of protectorates without changing gameplay as usual.

Clarification:

Essentially, this allows you to play a protectorate faction in the campaign, while enabling the standard functionality of these protectorates if you choose not to play as them.

http://commentmagazine.info/scripting.lua

Please feedback on this :-)

Developments: Currently in development, various issues at the moment, current version annuls the npf (non playable faction) takeover of protectorates, but still allows them to be taken over by completing a mission.
    Last edited by DeadlyBlowfish; March 21, 2009 at 08:11 AM.
    IMPORTANT:
    If you wish to use, modify, build on or do just about anything to or with any of my mods, feel free to do whatever you want. All I ask is to have my name in the credits somewhere :-)

[Reserved]
    IMPORTANT:

I'd love to know the "and more!" since I'm assuming it's different than just the "unlock all factions" mod
    Sometimes I live in the country.
    Sometimes I live in the town.
    Sometimes I get this great notion
    To jump in the river and drown.

The "and more" is mostly being added dynamically. One such example is the part I'm beta'ing atm, which circumvents the need for sacrificing gameplay for unlocking the American Protectorates.

But yah, take a look for yourself
    IMPORTANT:

Is there anyway to get this into a patch.pack for easy install?

A couple of questions. Is this with or without Emergent states? As I am looking for a mod like this with only the normal Major/Minor states really. And do the added states have full functionality, as in victory goals and such? Good work though!

Unit065's Avatar Libertus

Grand work yet again! Cheers!

Is it just me, or do the other factions not have any win-conditions?

At the selection screen, the win-conditions of the last major faction i clicked are displayed and in-game it just says "Hold 0 Regions by the end of year 0".

Has anybody found out yet how to Edit/Add those?
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; March 17, 2009 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy_knight View Post
    Is it just me, or do the other factions not have any win-conditions?

At the selection screen, the win-conditions of the last major faction i clicked are displayed and in-game it just says "Hold 0 Regions by the end of year 0".

Has anybody found out yet how to Edit/Add those?
    There exists at least one thread about this somewhere, but I can not remember where.

Wonder work buddy!
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Is the protecterate fix in yet?
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you F___ with me, I'll kill you all.
    - Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Nostalgia aint as good as it used to be

Pickle_mole: I'm uploading a combo file at the moment It's passed the beta testing.

Megalos: No need for patch.pack

zowrath: There are no emergents, adding them in would be pointless as they would not even exist at the start of the game, probably causing a CTD. This is one of the key differences between this and the files so-far uploaded.

There are indeed no goals/etc... for unlocked factions but I always figured people didn't really care about the goals, rather about the game. I could do some research on how to add them... but at the moment it's rather difficult.
    Last edited by DeadlyBlowfish; March 17, 2009 at 09:41 AM.
    IMPORTANT:

I get a CTD. How to fix this?

SO what do we need to download to get this to work? Just the original links in the first post, or also a separate file for the protectorate scripting problems?

get CTD too... other Mods (late campaign for example) work fine....

What factions are you using freitach, tishar?

Toussaint L'ouverture: The protectorate scripting file is only necessary if you wish to play as an American protectorate faction. I recommend using it anyway, however, as it is due to be integrated with the mod itself.
    IMPORTANT:

Can Pirates recruit the artillrey and cavarly now
    or just 6 pirates swordsman MAX

Still just the swordsmen, they're a naval power.
    IMPORTANT:

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyBlowfish View Post
    There are indeed no goals/etc... for unlocked factions but I always figured people didn't really care about the goals, rather about the game. I could do some research on how to add them... but at the moment it's rather difficult.
    I might be only talking about myself here but I, personally, cannot play without a victory condition. I need something to work towards.

Going to see if I can find the thread about it,

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast