View Poll Results: Sudden Death vote. Vote now!!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submission 1 : Eulogy

3 60.00%
  • Submission 2 : A New Leonidas

1 20.00%
  • Submission 3 : Haze

1 20.00%

Thread: Sudden Death Vote - Tale of the week 30

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Sudden Death Vote - Tale of the week 30

Submission 1
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Eulogy

Twelve weeks. Blood and fire. I stand alone now, amidst a field of the fallen, looking down into the face of my friend. He is gone now. He rose from the ranks to become our leader. He led us, inspired us, drove us onward through every challenge until our fame spread across every hill and dale of Total War Center.

Through week after week, struggle after struggle, he remained ever the voice of reason, ever the leader of the charge. A new week, a new battle to the death. And now he has left us. . .

I find myself dazed, the hot glow of a blood-red sun beating down upon my armor. It seems too much to believe. Were it not for him, I would not stride this battlefield today. If not for him, many the glory would have been lost, many the warrior would lie forgotten upon the field of battle. If not for his bravery, heroes we would not be.

He wielded his pen as a flaming sword and called for others to follow trembling where he tread in might.

His name? I give it to you, the name of a fallen hero, of a new Achilles,a name for the ages--mollsomg!!!!!!

Submission 2
    A New Leonidas

Today is the day where we, Spartans worth the worship of the other Greeks. Are holding out against the Romans at Thermopylae, our last bastion of defense. Truth be told that we are only 300, against their huge army of 10.000 men! It is the day where we shall die....... WITH HONOR AND GLORY!!

Pausanias, a cowardly figure can only listen to these words of bravery, yet a presence touches him, both inside his heart and outside his bodies. It is the deceased Leonidas. Who holds the Persian with his 300 soldiers, including himself here in this place where stains of blood has not been cleaned yet. Perhaps it is time he changes for the better.

There, the Romans are at us. Hold them at bay, I, Pausanias, sees them throwing their javelins, which they called pilum, if in plural is pila. I see 30 of my hardy fellows fall down. With blood coming out of their mouth, their face, their body, and lastly, their legs.

The Romans have all but one flaw, I know they are powerful, disciplined, an army worh our respect. But there is one and one only. Their leaders are in an internal strife. Soon, after we hold them out long enough they will fight themselves. I guarantee it.

The remaining 9.000 men of Rome has been demoralized by the Spartan moral. Their leaders, Publius and Cassius fights themselves. Soon enough they all crumble at each other's face to face of Rome's fights.

With Cassius dead to Publius' sword. Pausanias soon rushes at him, his sword has been blessed by the Sun. Cutting his head off his body.

Leonidas, know that I dedicate this victory to you.

Submission 3
    HAZE...

"I've walked this field before. The field littered with bodies of brave heroes and vile enemies. Ages before...And now I walk upon it today."

The lone Spartan straightens up and looks into the distance. His eyes gazing into distance, almost as if trying to see beyond the limits of time, somewhere where he used to burn with same passion, in some other age.
    It finally hits him...As the warm finally flushes the chill away from his tired body, he starts to feel the cold rim oh his helmet cutting into his skin just below the eyes...He remembers what made him live through the day...
    It wasn't the will to live, it wasn't the training he endured since the earliest days of infancy that he could remember...It was the words his "civilized" enemy spoke, while commanding savage slave tribes...
    "
    Surrender your weapons, Spartans!"
    He remembered the overbearing attitude of the foul fiend...The tingling feeling of rage burning up the last bits of his sanity...

He slowly kneels down, cutting a head off from one the dead savage slave, and lifts it up, having thrown his sword away, looking into it's empty eyes, almost as if looking for an answer...
    The lips cracking dry, open and unleash a thunderous shout, turning his face, just a mere moment ago an example of serenity, into beastly distorted face of terrors:

"
    MOLON LAVE!!!" *
    Now, with a limp, he looks into distance, the head of savage dangling by it's blond hair and whispers, almost tenderly:
    "
    Molon lave, tora..." **
    A late-day haze sets in the field of horrors as a Spartan Paean slowly sends a steady stream of welcome chill through his spine.
    Checking the weight of his shield on his left arm, he threads slowly towards his unit readying for the final charge at the bewildered remnants of Roman army now free of barbarian allies...

*Come and get them. =
    Free translated quote, you all are more or less familiar with, attributed to Leonidas at Thermopylae as an answer to Persian request to lay down their weapons.

**Come and get them, now...= Pay attention to the way it's spoken. "Tora" is modern greek, as I didn't manage to find ancient greek version of "now" term.

Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: Sudden Death Vote - Tale of the week 30

Voted. What day is this run-off over?
    Son of PW

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: Sudden Death Vote - Tale of the week 30

Tomorrow.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator