Thread: Sabaeans?

John-117's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Sabaeans?

Hey EB team,

I was just playing my campaign as (I'll try to get this right) As Sabyn Wal Jau, and wsa wondering if they will still be in EB 2? I love them to death, and am not even partly done. i love that they have such reliable infantry, plus the bowmen/spearmen unit. thanx guys
    Save a stripper, read a Playboy!
    Upon the invention of the internet, the Earth's rotation has been propelled solely by English teachers rolling in their graves.

Icon3 Re: Sabaeans?

According to the FAQ, none of the current EB1 factions will be removed. I suspect some may be given an overhaul, though.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Sabaeans?

Why would they kick out a faction? If any other would've been more important according to the EB team, then the Saba wouldn't have made it into EB 1 in the first place.

Because they changed their mind? The Yuezhi were removed from EB1 for the Saka, and the Iberians changed into the Lusitanians.

EB1's faction list is certainly not the only possible one, even when applying the same criteria. For example, you can argue that the inclusion of the Suebi is stretch, because it may not have existed or been particularly powerful at EB's starting date. Also, the Germans of EB's time-frame probably lacked the political sophistication to build empires. Instead, you could replace them with Pergamon: a wealthy city state that at some point looked poised to establish itself as a major successor kingdom. The EB team chose to go for the Germans rather than the Pergamene, probably because they felt that the Greeks were already well represented, while the Germans otherwise would have nothing.

Pergamon = Troy ?
    or is it near Troy?

i think it was ebuilt on top of troy, but i could be wrong
    Upon the invention of the internet, the Earth's rotation has been propelled solely by English teachers rolling in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_purpus View Post
    Pergamon = Troy ?
    or is it near Troy?
    Nope, Pergamon was further south, to the East of Lesbos. Troy covered the entrance of the Bosphorus. In EB's time, the nearest town would be Sigeum. Check these maps: (Athenian empire, Oxford map of classical Greece). Troy is indicated as Ilium.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Nope, Pergamon was further south, to the East of Lesbos. Troy covered the entrance of the Bosphorus. In EB's time, the nearest town would be Sigeum. Check these maps: (Athenian empire, Oxford map of classical Greece). Troy is indicated as Ilium.
    ohh thanks...
    i was always intrigued to know if Pergamon was Troy... as Pergamon is a rich city in RTW ...
    thankx

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Troy should be marked on the map. In the Pergamon province, northwest of Pergamon, there should be a ring of white stones. This marker represents the location of Troy.

oh really? cool. ill try finding it tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Troy should be marked on the map. In the Pergamon province, northwest of Pergamon, there should be a ring of white stones. This marker represents the location of Troy.
    i fhinkz ive seen it ...

yeah i have seen it
    Last edited by eddy_purpus; March 18, 2009 at 09:33 PM.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Romans get a special message when they conquer that region (Pergamum) saying they reclaimed their ancestors lands.

really? thats pretty cool.

oh speaking of romans, i have a weird glitch or something. when a unit routs, it has the EB picture on it, but it says they flee like "feeble romans" no matter what faction i play (as the sabaeans i probably would've never heard of the romans yet historically). and then when i kill an enemy captain/general it says that it would "strenghten carthage". whats wrong with these messages?!

delra's Avatar Praepositus

Maybe an installation error. Reinstall from scratch, make sure you do it properly and get back to us.