Thread: La guerra de la Independencia-Peninsular war mod for ETW

Icon6 La guerra de la Independencia-Peninsular war mod for ETW

"Españoles, la patria está en peligro. Madrid perece víctima de la perfidia francesa, acudamos a salvarla"
    Andrés Torrejón, alcalde de Móstoles, Mayo 1808
    --------------------------------------

ABOUT THIS MOD

This is intended to reflect the war in 6 years that was one of the biggest mistakes of Napoleon and he had to leave as garrison about 200,000 men veterans in Spain trying to crush the spirit of an entire people while the Spaniards with the help of the late English and Portuguese started the fight for independence and freedom.

FEATURES

-6 years of war for indepence
    -12 turnos/year
    -Full detailed map of Spain and South Europe and Americas where soon the independence of emergents will begin.
    -Spanish guerrilla´s full scale with leaders as Spoz y Mina, Cura Merino, Empecinado, etc
    -Historical reinforcements of France, England and historical retreats (for France) becouse wars in Austria or Russia.
    -Historical Battles: Bailén, Zaragoza, Vitoria, San Marcial, etc.
    -Historical leaders for all armies
    -Full Realistic uniforms for all armies.
    - And more, more, more...
    History:

When Napoleon ended the war against Prussia and Russia, forced the Spaniards to ally with him against Portugal that was allied with England and traded and therefore ordered the French army led by his friend, General Junot occupied Lisbon but leaving garrisons in places that had nothing to do with the Portuguese like Barcelona or Madrid.

While in Spain a palace conspiracy had ended the reign of Charles IV and his strong man, Manuel Godoy, who was hated by most people. This helped to ascend to the throne Ferdinand VII with great popular support.

Aware of these intrigues Napoleon forced the contenders Fernando and Carlos (Godoy included) to meet with the French city of Bayonne where they both took the throne and gave it to his brother Joseph I called later by the Spanish "Pepe Botella".

Meanwhile in Madrid, the people realized that they were forcing the entire royal family in France and the rebellion broke against the garrison of French soldiers in the capital who were led by the famous and infamous Marshal Murat.

No fewer than 150 French soldiers, part of the famous includes Mamluks, were murdered by the people of Madrid, led by officers and Daoiz and Lt. Velarde Ruiz, but the French killed some 3,000 people between the fight and shot later.

Then, the Mayor of town of Mostoles, near of Madrid cries for help to all Spain to save Madrid and Independence of Spain. And all Spain joined and fought as one man...

Direction, design, history, etc.

ME

But of Course, all help for make this mod possible will be welcome and appreciated
    Last edited by peregrino; March 16, 2009 at 07:28 AM.
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Pukin's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: La guerra de la Independencia-Peninsular war mod for ETW

No es mala idea....

Is not bad idea...

Guardianes de Iberia
    El Tercio viejo de Iberia

Nack's Avatar Biarchus

Is the map gonna include south america?

Que bueno, si se lleva bien podría ser un gran mod.
    ''Los infantes españoles prefieren la muerte a la derrota''

Man.. this sounds nice. I like the 12 turns a year part. Maybe you should checkout what some people are trying to do with attrition and things like that? I'm pretty sure I've seen people talking about modding in differences in seasons and such, would make a lot of sense for a 1 month / turn thing.

-Gracias por los animos me lo tomo muy en serio
    Thanks for support guys.

-YES from California to Cape of Hornos included .revolutions and wars against my homeland, spain, included

-I don´t know 12 months/12 turns? i don´t know
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Basic images of playground:

This will be strategic map. Spanish America and South of France, Spain and Portugal.

The factions playable will be:

France: Napoleon I (Burdeos as Capital)
    Loyalist Spain: Junta Central (Cadiz as Capital)
    Afrancesados -Spain occupied-: Jose I (Madrid as Capital)
    Portugal: Don Juan VI (Sao Paulo as Capital)
    England: George III (Gibraltar as provincial capital)
    United States: (Washington as capital)
    Barbary pirates: (Oran as capital)
    Protectorate of Mexico: (Mexico as Capital)
    Protectorate of Nueva granada-Colombia: (Cartagena de Indias as Capital)
    Protectorate of Perú: (Lima as Capital)

If any wish to help in this mod please say
    Last edited by peregrino; March 17, 2009 at 07:26 AM.
    Napoleon 1º

Napoleon I

Pukin's Avatar Foederatus

Te podria ayudar en el mod, pero limitadamente pues estoy en otro proyecto, si quieres mi msn un mp .

I can help you in the mod but i am limited because i am working in a other proyect.

Guardianes de Iberia
    El Tercio viejo de Iberia