Thread: Modding election mechanics

Default Modding election mechanics

I'm slightly irritated with the term limits with the republic system of government, because it seems that a nation's ruler will not be retained for more than 2 elections (8 years). This seems awfully arbitrary and doesn't have much basis in anything: Napoleon's consulship lasted for 10 years (and then life) and the USA did not implement term limits until the 1940s. I can't speak for Venice, Genoa, and the UP.

It does seem like something that should be easily moddable, as should the length of time between elections. I can't seem to find anything in the db folder that would relate to that, though.

Default Re: Modding election mechanics

I'd like this aswell. The AI also seems to keep all of my current ministers, some of which are 3-4 stars, while there are 5-6 stars candidates. Or do you elect them yourself? Not sure but it seems a little weird.

It'd be cool if they actually voted more for people who had high boosts to happiness or something you know? That way the people seem to pick the person who they like the best. And then maybe after a few terms if the people the've been choosing suck, they start to go for the higher management instead.

I just had a cabinet full of mostly 4-5 star people replaced by 2-3 star people. I almost wonder whether the electioneering system is pure random chance.

I don't mind the randomness of the election results. The bad management elected I think show's when corrupt officials get in place. It at least gives some sort of drawback to republics without making them useless.

But fleshing out the government options in general would be a great thing. Combined with the rebel system you could have amazing civil wars simulated for instance. With the victor group changing the style of your empire somehow. Like pro/anti slavery/serfdom/narcotics/universal suffrage etc. Politics in empire is probably the most needed expanded part of the game I think. Tons of possibilities that could be used to spice up your campaign. And make your campaigns really have a chance to stand out and create unique situations.
    Last edited by Alexandrov; March 16, 2009 at 08:07 PM.