Thread: personalizing units

Default personalizing units

Hi all...
    I'm not sure if this is the place for suggestions but I was wondering
    if it's at all possible to have the units more personalized..

Like say after an amount of kills get a strip on a buckle or something..
    Or have traits like the generals.

Or have a mention if a unit had done something amazing in a big battle.

You get what I mean .
    Peace out and thanks for all the work you are doing and have done!.

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

Default Re: personalizing units

Well I think that this would add some awesome gameplay. I was thinking the other day how much better it would be if units gained abilities as they progressed in experience.

Like line should not be resistant to moral shock their first time in battle. But once they gain that first chevron they get the ability.

Some other cool things like a line unit that has, lets say four cause that is awfully hard to get in the campaign, the inspire ability.

It would really make veteran's worth something more than just a faster reload and better accuracy.
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bongfu View Post
    Well I think that this would add some awesome gameplay. I was thinking the other day how much better it would be if units gained abilities as they progressed in experience.

Like line should not be resistant to moral shock their first time in battle. But once they gain that first chevron they get the ability.

Some other cool things like a line unit that has, lets say four cause that is awfully hard to get in the campaign, the inspire ability.

It would really make veteran's worth something more than just a faster reload and better accuracy.
    Hell yeah now were talking .
    I lack an imagination due to sleep deprivation .
    So your offers are what my post needs .

SCGavin's Avatar Libertus

If I'm not mistaken the British regiments had own flags on witch there was a mention of their famous battles and campaigns. Also I believe a regiment carried the Kings Colours (Union Jack) and a regimental ensign (different for every unit). Maybe that could be implemented in form of different flags for different types of units and the number of a specific unit (e.g. for the 1. Regiment of Foot a "1" shown in the corner or middle of the Union Jack).

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

This would help with immersion.

Along with different faces and wound textures.

It would be cool if the flags could pick up battle damage like on the campaign map too.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

If Prisoners are ever implemented, i think capturing the enemies colours should give a reletivly large boost to that units experience. As in 18th century warfare, a regiments colours were everything to them. Essentially if the colours were lost, the regiment was lost.

No to the pretenders of the British Throne! Jacobite Till I Die

SCGavin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian-Prince View Post
    If Prisoners are ever implemented, i think capturing the enemies colours should give a reletivly large boost to that units experience. As in 18th century warfare, a regiments colours were everything to them. Essentially if the colours were lost, the regiment was lost.
    And if they loose their own colours they would have to suffer a decrease in experience and morale, until they prove themselves again.

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

Someone's got to do this if it's poss' ... Making the flag something u must defend at all costs would be great!

soooooo...
    Any head way?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

the very experienced units, like those with at least one star could give an inspiration bonus to other troops because they have seen so much battle. I certainly know that I would feel better if I where a new recruit and stood next to a regiment of highly experienced veterans.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I fear without access to proper modding tools these things,while excellent and possibly even much needed,may be well out of reach