Default 8 Star General

I don't know how Im getting these.

Default Re: 8 Star General

Maybe its the mortars?

Just made my 7th with infantry and some with cannon but none with mortar

Oh yeh i forgot everyone is under the delusion that stars mean something xD

Yes what's the point of ranks when the game is so unstable. I have played about 15 matches and all 3 of my losses were due to crashing.

Haha, I got 32000++ for 1 day of gaming, then it goes down to 29200 because of a couple of crashes, and I am finally back t 32000++ after a week of gaming. Funny how the stars and score system works.

How do you check your score?

yes barret, im at 34k now, lost 8 k to crashes lol...
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

Im on 8 stars but it means absolutely nothing to me as the games can be so easily manipulated. When these "almighty" high rankers do well in tournaments i might show an interest.

Hi RTK Barret, I am the guy that keeps coming back after repeatedly beaten by your elephants rush technique, what is your take with regards to taking more than one elephants and how would you counter it with a balance army?

Hi prime, elephants in this game are incredible weak when compared to their ancestors from medieval and rome... there are simple methods to ensure they die before they touch u.

First thing is to try and make it so that you channel the elephants into one particular area, stakes work for this but so does positioning of infantry. A few volleys will almost certainly rout or even kill off the whole unit and if they get close square formation does the trick... u might suffer quite a few casualties at first but soon ull find ureself having no trouble against them.

My 2v2 partner insisted on bringing them a number of times to try them in as many situations as possible, hes killed alot of my own men with them in the process lol >.<

Yeah I guess I wasn't prepared to take on infantry + elephant assualt because my line was usually not settled and readied to fire at any thing. By the way well played, I learned alot from you guys.

Feel free to join again any time

Lol elephants have always been bullcrap in total war, they are like those oliphants in the lord of the rings. Seriously elephants have never been reputed in warfare, romans, greecs, dealt with them easily. In medieval II Pike formation did nothing to them, I wouldn't be suprised if in Empire they'd just run over your troops like grass.

Btw I'm 9 stars, never used mortar, or artillery. Always been on the offensive 101 victories ( lots of guys disconnecting unfortunatly also ) and 7 defeats ! I think I'd have my chances in tournaments

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RTKBarrett View Post
    Hi prime, elephants in this game are incredible weak when compared to their ancestors from medieval and rome... there are simple methods to ensure they die before they touch u.

First thing is to try and make it so that you channel the elephants into one particular area, stakes work for this but so does positioning of infantry. A few volleys will almost certainly rout or even kill off the whole unit and if they get close square formation does the trick... u might suffer quite a few casualties at first but soon ull find ureself having no trouble against them.

My 2v2 partner insisted on bringing them a number of times to try them in as many situations as possible, hes killed alot of my own men with them in the process lol >.<
    Or just throw a single unit of light infantry their way. One volley, maybe two is enough to remove them from the equation. I actually smile with glee when my opponent fields them
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Mmm. I wiped an elephant army to other day without so much as a single casualty in 2v2. The guy ran right into stakes, and those that survived got shot to hell. Then his partner disconnected.

I didn't realise crashing cost you a loss. I've CTDd a couple of times and not had a loss on my ranks for it... Or does it not apply in ranked games?

101 victories? wow... Are there enough hours in the day? 3 days of heavy gaming and I'm on 31-3... spose i started rather late.

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Well,

back to the theme here....

I'm finally in moment a 5 Star guy and had 35.000 points, but because of crashes with enemys and their "banana - Internetconnections" and also fair to say of some losses down on 32.000 in moment. I didn't much care about it - also not so long the cheating possibility will be killed by an auto-detector to prevent it like it is in GameSpy.

So long so good, but what does all this stuff finally mean at least? Will there be an official ranking list, open visible for everyone and so on, like it is in other online games too?
    I heard only rumors of something like this, but never ever any fact and clear answer ...

But also the complete thing is in the moment a little bit stupid.
    So long as i know, searched and saw by myself is it like this:

The actual stars could for other guys only be visible if you make the host, on no other place in steam / ETW.
    The actual points are only visible if they have played with you a battle in the results after it. On no other place they are for anyone else visible!

In the profile of players are only the Icons visible, which he reached / earned (f.e. "win 10 mp battles" and all the other ones fpr mp and campaigns). Nothing is wrote here about the points and stars.
    But also realy a look on a foreign profile you can only make, if you add them as friend etc. ...

So what is the further mine of all these stuff at least, when it is only for yourself really and complete visible?
    Last edited by ♔Mandelus♔; March 16, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Stars are not important.

In fact, the best players are allways the least ranked. When you are really good at something, and I mean REALLY good, you don't care enough to gloat.

It's getting really tiresome reading all the e-peen swingers in this section of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead1986 View Post
    Lol elephants have always been bullcrap in total war, they are like those oliphants in the lord of the rings. Seriously elephants have never been reputed in warfare, romans, greecs, dealt with them easily. In medieval II Pike formation did nothing to them, I wouldn't be suprised if in Empire they'd just run over your troops like grass.

Btw I'm 9 stars, never used mortar, or artillery. Always been on the offensive 101 victories ( lots of guys disconnecting unfortunatly also ) and 7 defeats ! I think I'd have my chances in tournaments
    In rome and medieval they would more than 50 percent of the time decide a 3v3...

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Stars are not important.

In fact, the best players are allways the least ranked. When you are really good at something, and I mean REALLY good, you don't care enough to gloat.

It's getting really tiresome reading all the e-peen swingers in this section of the forums.
    I agree 100%
    I personally always play quick battles because I want to learn the game properly which involves taking defeats and trying different stuff

Now even if I tried I doubt if I would ever be a 10 star general (or even a 1) but thats not important it's all about enjoying and learning the game and I feel that all this command stars business is bad for the game and is ruining multiplayer by making games too important instead of what they should be FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Karhedron View Post
    Mmm. I wiped an elephant army to other day without so much as a single casualty in 2v2. The guy ran right into stakes, and those that survived got shot to hell. Then his partner disconnected.

I didn't realise crashing cost you a loss. I've CTDd a couple of times and not had a loss on my ranks for it... Or does it not apply in ranked games?

101 victories? wow... Are there enough hours in the day? 3 days of heavy gaming and I'm on 31-3... spose i started rather late.
    So far I have I think 50 hours of play. which means I think really less because when the game is open it taken in account. I only played online and ranked games so maybe that's why I had the chance to play so many Plus the game usually don't last long when you are really agressive. 15 20 minutes is the average.

lol@ e-peen, made me laugh a lot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast