Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.6 {Update July 12}

Default Re: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.6 {Update July 12}

Awesome + rep

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPPPa View Post
    I updated the editor to be able to load the post-patch 1.2 naval file and I added the point of sail wind speed section of the data. I may add some more stuff later.
    Thank you ZaPPPa for your update! +rep

Hellow, I can't load files in Naval Units Editor (0.7) still there is "Error loading naval units" I have db directory with all needed files (gun_types, ship_names, units_stats_naval and/or directories unit_stats_naval_tables ... ). I tried (many times, diferent combinations) both main.pack with/without patch.pack, nothing works.
    Could be 0.7 verison not compactible with ETW1.0? or could be any problem with non-default location of ETW folder? Is there older version of Naval Units Editor availble anywhere?

Default Re: [WIP] Naval Units Editor v0.5 {Update Mar 16}

Do you know what all those 'unkown' stats are. I am very interested in stats related to campaign ships behavieour, like controll zone, speed in the campaign, piracy efficiency, sight zone. Are you or do you know of any one that is intereted in investigation and colaborate about it?

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Quote Originally Posted by asiJa View Post
    Could be 0.7 verison not compactible with ETW1.0? or could be any problem with non-default location of ETW folder? Is there older version of Naval Units Editor availble anywhere?
    Compatible with post 1.2/1.3 only, sorry.

@Bethencourt
    I wish I knew. A lot of variables are known, but I'd say at least 1/3 haven't been discovered yet.. of course CA promised us tools months ago that would 'make modding so much easier'... yeah, I love hex editing! ugh.

Montano5's Avatar Libertus

Thank you ZaPPPa, you made my dream becomes true

Default Re: [WIP] Naval Units Editor v0.5 {Update Mar 16}

I have .NET 3.5!
    Your program does not work! Optimize please under 3.5
    Best regards

my steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008033966
    Last edited by Sharp; August 18, 2009 at 08:33 AM.

now propose changes to the game ...
    change forces the ship sails to the wind ...
    red frame, the changes in the game

second images
    the direction of the ship at high speed

rose with such direction the ship, the ship will be able to cool swim at the enemy ...
    therefore added to the game a lot of tactics and maneuvers

Hi! Zapppa. Sharp and me are building a mod in the naval aspect of the game and now we want to change the battles speed system. We intended to use your editor, but previously I made a ship race in a custom battle betwen a sloop and a indiaman.The fastest ship against one of the slowest, that is what the cards say. You can see it here http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/60375?page=4 post #63. As you see there the British sloop in a course 90 º wind direction croses the T of the Austrian sloop wich has wind course and seems to be contradictory to the speed and wind scheme that is represented in the naval editor. Also when the sloop and the indiaman are going with the wind, the sloop does not perform as well as it does at 90º or 45 º. It seems that the game works much as Sharp has shown in his schemes as going with the wind is not the fastest course. I know that in single sail vessels or sport vesses it is, but as Sharp has told me in that course only the rear sail benefit of the wind and make as screen to the other sails of the ship. But in 45º you benefit in all sail extension of the jet effect that wind among the sails create and the whole surface of them.We are really interested in it to work properly and we would like to hear your opinion about this contradiction and colaborate to improve the editor if that was the case. Thank you in advance.

one thing guys, ships of the line didnt had only square rigid sails, but also fore-and-aft sails. one of the most important factors for SOL was how sharp it could sail against the wind - such a trait allowed battle line to be the most effective, as they could decide when to attack or retreat. Most of the battles of early 18.century were most of the time just a sailing duel how to get fleet sharpest against the wind, and then get close to the enemy. most of the time those battles resulted in draws because line formation was considered the most important thing, and anyone who broke the formation, was punished like for example Admiral Mathews after battle of Toulon.

This is also why 3-rate 74gun double-deckers were so popular - they were much better in sailing sharp against the wind than big 3-deckers.

Ducenarius
    Poland --> Upper Silesia region (pl=Górny Śląsk).

Icon5 Re: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.6 {Update July 12}

==========================================================================================================================

Is this tool compatible with ETW 1.5 version?

I have Framework 3.5 installed in my Windows Vista OS and i unpacked the naval unit stats table to the db folder on my desktop.

I have this error when i tried to load the extracted table into your editor: "Error loading naval units".

What is going on?

I tried to unpack this db table from main.pack and patch.pack --> nothing changes...

I had Land Unit Stats Editor earlier and it worked.

Any help will be appreciated!

==========================================================================================================================
    Last edited by p.jakub88; November 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Remember of the Alamo!

Icon11 Re: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.6 {Update July 12}

i want to edit ships or create them i try to install your tool it doesn't work i try everything i can't download framework 3.0 my pc it says that he can't install it please help me can i use the newest framework i don't know what to do i am a noob please send me a massage back

saixem's Avatar Laetus

D+ obrigado
    Hellow, I dont see ship names and guns " I have all dir db with all hiles (gun_types, ship_names, units_stats_naval and / or dir unit_stats_naval_tables ...). ban i help me?

NEPTUNO's Avatar Decanus

I think this editor does not work properly.
    α DEUS MARIA ω

thank you so much i hate sifting through it all just to change crew size.
    thanks man

Where can I find the download link?

Where I can find the link ?

Maybe some one have
    Naval Units Editor v0.6
    and can give me link

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234