Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.6 {Update July 12}

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Default Re: [WIP] Naval Units Editor v0.5 {Update Mar 16}

Thanks Zapppa. +rep!

I wonder, could it be possible to mod the firing arcs of the ship cannons?
    As is now, they fire in far too wide an arc individually. So for example, the broadside cannons at the aft can fire in the same arc as the broadside cannons in the fore.

In reality, each cannon was only possible to rotate plus minus 20 deg inside the hull, to fire out of the porthole. In ETW - all cannons on each broadside are thought as one, and can subsequently fire in these insane arcs - with a very high precision.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Quote Originally Posted by aronnov View Post
    anyone know what field makes a ship able to be a trade ship?
    I'm also looking for this, and also if there is a variable somewhere that says how much a trade ship can carry maybe? Or is it just a Trade Ship:0 or 1 kind of thing.

Hey Guys, I am getting the hang of it now....

I want to play arround with some other stats:

Gun Range: I read here I have to look and change into the "projectile_stats" folder ?? Correct ??

Ammunition Type: Wher can I change ammunition ?? Someone wrote that you can exchange grapeshot against percussion shells..... (the grapeshot icon stays the same!) So, where can I change ammunition ???

Montano5's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.5 {Update Mar 16}

Thank you for your editor. The mass change is very attractive.

I tried to change the crew numbers by myself but didn't get it works. May be with your editor

edit: I managed to change the crew size according your editor. But it seems there is a limitation in the number...
    Could you add the turn speed rate for each ships and the time to deploy/un-deploy the sails ?
    Last edited by Montano5; May 03, 2009 at 03:34 AM.

Hi!

Gyus im a real neewbe at these things...i just want to change the overall speed of the ships..But cant even open upp the editor, whwe I open upp theres no units to edit....Wheres is this DB folder?

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Montano5 View Post
    Could you add the turn speed rate for each ships and the time to deploy/un-deploy the sails ?
    If you or someone can point out to me where those values exist in the unit_stats_naval file I can add them.

I'm sorry but I don't really know. Darth Vader made it with his mod so after checking it, I assume it's from 43th column and some after but not sure :/

Hi,
    Not sure if this would be useful for you. The very last column that was added in units_stats_naval during the last patch seems to be related to the hull strength also.

When I upped the hull strength to something ridiculously high(ie 80), the value that shows in game(in the thousands) never seems to change. However, if you change the last column(numbers are in thousands), that would change that value in game also.

So for example, the Sloop, original hull strength is 3 and the number in thousands in 1322. If you change the hull strength to 100, the number stays 1322 unless you change that to something else. Once you change to it to say 20000, then the in-game hull strength would also say 20000.

The other thing is the two unknown columns after the bosun column in units_stat_naval. Those two seems to be related to the crew size also. An example is better for illustration.

For example, if you have a sloop entry, but you change the ship to a 1st rate and the crew size column to match it. When you load the game, I believe one side would have no crew on the guns at all and it would never fire. But if you change the two unknown columns to the 1st rate values, then it the guns would be fully manned. Further more, if you keep increasing that value, the number of crew in games appear to show up also.

So if you put 800 as the crew size for a 1st rate, the game would normally just have ~200 showing on screen during battle and the rest are hidden per se. But once you up the values in the 2 unknown columns, the crew size number in game appears to increase. As for the relationship, I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Thought I'll throw this out here since it may be useful to someone else who can use it.

Thank you SweetDreamz

I also found this from a comment of Midknight:

unit_stats_naval
    (columns after bosun)
    17 = # of Marines on board
    18 = # Alternative crew (dunno what these guys are but they look like gunners but they wander around the ship)

37 = % speed Running with the wind ie-180 degrees (1.0 = 100% of max speed)
    38 = 164 degrees from the wind (running with the wind)
    39 = 147
    40 = 130 (broad reach)
    41 = 115
    42 = 98 (beam reach)
    43 = 82
    44 = 65
    45 = 49
    46 = 32 (close haul)
    47 = 16
    48 = 0 (into the wind)
    49 = Bobbing / rolling with the waves
    50 = pitching with the waves
    51 = Turn rate at max speed (ie full sail)
    52 = 2/3 sail
    53 = 1/3 sail
    54 = slower vvvv
    55 = slower vvv
    56 = slower vv
    57 = slower v
    58 = Turn rate at zero speed (becalmed)

Ok, that probably didn't make sense - try :

51 = Turn rate at max speed (ie full sail)
    52 = 2/3 sail
    53 = 1/3 sail
    54 = 4/15
    55 = 1/5th
    56 = 2/15th
    57 = 1/15th
    58 = Turn rate at zero speed (becalmed)

I dunno why the detail in the speed & turn rates...I would also try and get that confirmed by others, im 99% sure its sound.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Midknight

unit_stats_naval
    (columns after bosun)
    17 = # of Marines on board
    18 = # Alternative crew (dunno what these guys are but they look like gunners but they wander around the ship)
    19 =

To update to that...

18 = seamen
    19 = guncrew

Marines - capped, you can only have a certain ammount I think this is a % of the gun crew but can't be sure. A 3rd rate can have a max of 55 marines on board
    Seamen - Also capped (3rd rate can have 45) without them the ship cannot board. The fight hand to hand as well.
    Guncrew - 2 crew / gun so a 3rd rate has 2x 74 gun crew max

A 3rd rate then can have a max crew of 55 marines + 45 seamen + 148 gun crew with a captain, bosun, lietenant = 251 crew

-----------------------------

unit_stats_naval_crew :

1 = Morale (not sure on this)
    2 = Accuracy (again not sure)
    3 = Melee Skill
    4 = Melee defence
    Last edited by Montano5; May 06, 2009 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montano5 View Post
    Thank you SweetDreamz

I also found this from a comment of Midknight:
    A'ight.. let's see if I get bored one of these days and update the editor.

I kind of wonder how many people use this editor or if almost everyone just works with the generic editor.

Those columns seem to be off. The 17th & 18th column after bosun(or 2nd & 3rd column after Speed column) has the values of 21 & 0.8.....or am I counting wrong?

The 9th column after the Speed column and 11 columns after the 9th column appears to match columns 37-48 from MidKnight's post. (So I guess columns 9-19 after Speed belong to the % speed running with the wind.

I'm guessing the 8 columns after column 19 from the speed column matches MidKnight's 51-58 columns (it ends with the true/false column right after it).

And I have no clue where the bobbing and pitching values are.

@ZaPPPa: Pack File Manager is well known because it's very open and everyone may use it (Generic modders, textures workers, FX and SFX modders, etc) and the most people use it, the most it become famous and the most people use it...

Your editor is very specific so less people may be interested by. But the GUI is more clear and really easy to use. Beginners may use it well without getting lost. And as I said before, the mass change is very usefull and gives a big gain in procesing speed, I really appreciate it.

Don't feel dishearten. I'm sure I'm not the only one who think your editor is usefull

@SweetDreamz: The columns crews are the columns just after "Bosun" and just before "Accuracy", so the 17,18 and 19th from the biggining.

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Ok I ing give up!!!!

I cannot for the life of me get this to work and all I want to do is change the goddamn hull strength to x10. I've tried like 20 different ways to do it my changes just are not appearing in the game.
    Does it have anything to do with what was mentioned above about this new column they've added?
    Would that then make this editor pretty much void for those wanting to edit Hull Strength?

Also, some clear cut step by step instructions wouldn't go astray either, took me in half an hour just to figure even some of the basic out.

Bother.

The most ingenious tool I have seen for ETW in a long time.

Thanks.

Oh Zappa. Is there any way that you could make the crew types changable apart from changing all. I would like to be able to create some more marines for the vessels that I am using. (Nocks Volley Gun)
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 23, 2009 at 10:06 PM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Can't get this to work keep getting error message "could no load...", I run on a Vista 64-bit OS, but I have no problem using the land units editor and the packfilemanager???

its my first time to edit files so how do i save my edited files from you editor as a mod so that i could easily go back to default?

The tool does not seem to save the ship names file properly. Twice so far I've made changes to the file, saved and tried to use it in a mod only find none of the changes I've made take place. I've looked at the file using a text program and it's as if I never modded the file in the first place.

Your mod is great and easy to use. can u make a land unit editor that has also multiplier like yours cause its hard to edit all the files manually

is it possible to add new types of ships for countries? also is it possible to edit those SF units?
    Vox populi, vox dei!!!
    "The voice of the people is the voice of God"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmpBWGJ1_Y

Default Re: WIP: Naval Units Editor v0.6 {Update July 12}

Hell froze over.. I updated the editor to be able to load the post-patch 1.2 naval file and I added the point of sail wind speed section of the data. I may add some more stuff later.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast