Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Drum and Fife Mod by Hollowfaith aka Caligula

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Drum and Fife Mod by Hollowfaith aka Caligula

Quick question, are the marches faction specific? (IE: We won't have Marathan Bagpipers or Austrian Yankee Doodlers... )

Also, when you release the compilation, will it be able to be activated-deactivated via Mod-manager? (My brother and I both use the same gaming computer and he isn't a big fan of mods...)

Thanks!

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Would it be possible that you can make like a "fun pack" version ? Like since there are 4 song files the game uses , put the british grenadiers , lilliburlero , hohenfriedberger , and the swedish narva all in one .pack ? Im not entirely into the game being 100% historically accurate , but some nice variety in the tunes would make it feel more fun .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

I made a mixpack 5 days ago... 0 downloads as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EgyptianNecrophiliac View Post
    I made a mix pack with my favorites of Caligula's marching songs.
    2x British Grenadier, 1x Hohenfriedberger and 1x American Yankee Doodle tracks.

For those who want several songs in each battle. It can sound a bit messy when units next to eachother play different songs at the same time, but I like the variety.

http://files.filefront.com/drumnfife.../fileinfo.html

When hollowfaith releases the updated Swedish March I'll make a pack with 2x of that, 1 Hohenfrb and 1 Brit. Gren.

I made a mixpack 5 days ago... 0 downloads as of yet.

When hollowfaith releases the updated Swedish March I'll make a pack with 2x of that, 1 Hohenfrb and 1 Brit. Gren.
    Think you can make one like I described ? 1 of each song ?
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"

Aside from the sound issues, I really love your Swedish march! Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Think you can make one like I described ? 1 of each song ?
    I don't like the Lilliburlero soundclip. The audio quality is so bad, and I don't wanna make and upload a pack just for one person (as opposed to the grand total of 0 who downloaded my mix pack lol ) Sorry.

It's pretty easy to make a custom pack yourself. Just use the Pack File Manager.

I like this mod, but can we get this somewhere other than megaupload, maybe to a site that's more friendly to people who are colorblind or partially colorblind (like me) with their stupid security checks? I can never pass the security checks (or it takes me 10 times) because I can't see the numbers/letters or whatever they are.

As a British Scot - reackon you ought to check out on itunes the pipes and drums (what you are missing!) of the 42nd (Black Watch) and When the battle is O'er and Scottish Soldier - all classic songs that they literally insisted on fighting along to. In this period even English and Welsh Line infantry and guards were exposed to this music and the wail of the pipes carried over the ranks from the 42nd and 72nd Highlanders to the other non-scottish infantry. Wish I could up load a song for you but I am cr@p.

I don't like the Lilliburlero soundclip. The audio quality is so bad, and I don't wanna make and upload a pack just for one person (as opposed to the grand total of 0 who downloaded my mix pack lol ) Sorry.

It's pretty easy to make a custom pack yourself. Just use the Pack File Manager.
    lol , its alright . I myself , havent tried the lilliburlero but Ive heard it so I assumed it was nice . But if you do make another one , please dont put yankee doodle .

hollowfaith's Avatar Ordinarius

Just got back from visiting family for the easter holiday.
    I'll be uploading the fixed sweden pack in a few days along with a redo of a song or two, I was able to buy a sick percussion pack for my audio app called Truestrike. Trustrike has a large variety of drums and it also contains field drums!! That should be arriving by post in a few days! Stay tuned!!

@Browncoat - Ill be uploading to another provider as soon as I am able. Writing and performing the music for this mod along with my own bands material, plus working a full time job with 10 hour+ days. It gets quite busy.

@EgyptianNecro - Lilliburlero was taken from a poor streaming source from a website, it was done as a request by another forum member. Also thank you for helping people by making Compilation packs! Thanks!

@Erunion - I probably will not make this into a mod from a patch file. Seeing as you are able to play online with the mod in its current state, it should be fine. The only possible reason I would see in upgrading this patch to a mod is if CA made a patch that altered those 4 audioclips in their sounds pack.

@Onkel Tuca - Thanks much!

@The Kurgan - No problems mate, I'll do some searching around for an audio example.

@PubliusKhannus - Thank you for the support! I'm very glad you enjoy the mod!
    Rome II Total Realism (TW:R2) - Music composer.
    Rome Total Realism Project (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.
    Rome Total Realism: VII (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.

Authentic Ancient World: (TW:R2) - Music composer

hey caligula, u know wich program may i use for convert mp3 to wav? i just make a combo for some sounds and i wanna show u it ^^

PD: im using XRECODE but it seems it dont convert it fine, cause dont work on the game Y_Y
    Last edited by Alwar; April 15, 2009 at 08:00 AM.

I mainly use my audio app called Cooledit Pro, but I had another program called Switch which was fairly decent. I did a search for it for you and here is the link, you can download the free trial vesion. Not sure what that is all about, if its limited or what.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Also I would recommend this program here -> http://www.mp3-converter.com/cdda_xtractor.htm

PS> Oh yea, the game uses MONO, not stereo in .WAV file format. Just wanted to give you that tip in case you were just converting it to stereo and trying to run it in game. Which won't work.

Hope some this helps you mate!
    Last edited by hollowfaith; April 15, 2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowfaith View Post
    I mainly use my audio app called Cooledit Pro, but I had another program called Switch which was fairly decent. I did a search for it for you and here is the link, you can download the free trial vesion. Not sure what that is all about, if its limited or what.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Also I would recommend this program here -> http://www.mp3-converter.com/cdda_xtractor.htm

PS> Oh yea, the game uses MONO, not stereo in .WAV file format. Just wanted to give you that tip in case you were just converting it to stereo and trying to run it in game. Which won't work.

Hope some this helps you mate!

jajja fking game XDD im converting it to stereo
    hahaha thx for teh links xD

Lol. Its all good mate.

Hollowfaith, this is a good example of what I'd humbly suggest might interest you in the bagpipe scenario. check out itunes and look this song and listen to the preview:
    Albumipes and Drums of Scotland
    Artist: 1st Battalion Black Watch
    Song: scotland the Brave
    You can preview it on itunes - listen out for the quick scattering of the drums and their pace on the choruses ... not staid at all. I know it is with a snare on the drum but that doesn't have any impact on the upbeat patterns they drum corp are playing (the drum sergeant plays all the time and is joined in occcasionally by the rest of the snare drummers)
    IGNORE the BRASS SECTION in the middle. dreadful.

Other songs as I mentioned: the Scottish Soldier / When the battle is Over.

Good luck! Tried to convert my songs into an uploadable format but no joy ...

Thanks Kurgan! That will be of GREAT use! Especially the drums, I'm having a hell-of-a time getting them made! The songs are 4/4 but the pauses in the pipes kind of throws it off and I have to resort to using flam's and rolls to make it sound good LOL. Thank you!

Foederatus

hmmm US Yankee Doodle March Pack doesnt work for me? only the original game musik in battles???? do i have to remove any original soundfiles? ok as i thought had to remove original musik file. great work!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jimpalus; April 15, 2009 at 07:27 PM.

try muting your music on the options screen and pumping up the effects volume. For me the musci then kicks in when I click on units and move them ... seems to work Jimpalus

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

IS There a way to add more than 4 march music files?

No. Not without modding tools at least.